Emotions running high - kapten's wife

kapten

With all the changes about to, or currently happening, to all of our guys and families, emotions are high and uncertainty looms large for so many of us. My man has only 2 1/2 years with Ford and is 57 years old - not a good age to be looking for a job to carry us through until retirement. His last day is Dec. first and he has already been sending out resumees. He's been hitting a dead end on many, and is doing his share of worrying, as are a lot of guys now. It's going to be tough on us wives as well, as we try to keep their spirits up and learn a new way of bugeting from one week to another. I've heard about some wives splitting and going for "their half" of the buyouts; some of which have many years of marriage. That sucks!

I guess what I'm saying is, we women need to be very supportive of our men. Small arguments can escalate into very large, stupid arguments, that have nothing to do with the problems at hand! We all need to tighten our belts - the buyout money won't last forever and unemployment checks are not in the picture. This might be a tough Christmas on large families, and we might have to focus on just being together, and not buying out the stores just because there is, what seems to be, some extra cash. Like hubbie says, "we pay off the bills and bank the rest to ride out the storm."

To all of you who are moving, best of luck to you in your new homes and jobs. To those of you who are staying with Ford, hang tough and stick together on the job! To those of us who are searching for new jobs, just remember, a good paying job like Ford is not likely to be in the near future, but you have to pay the rent or house payment. You have to live somewhere! If you have medical problems, take care of them before the 6 months insurance runs out. If you have dental work to be done, for $68./mo. you can carry dental insurance for 18 months, through COBRA, if you have to - a far cry from dental fees for even 2 people if major work still needs to be done. Sit down together, put it all on paper, and figure out a game plan.

Most of all, love each other and your families, Ford can't take that away from you! Thank God for what you have gotten over the years as Ford employees - where would you be today if you hadn't worked there? Hold your heads up and do the best that you can to make a new life without Ford - it's all anyone can do!

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and loving Holiday Season with your families and friends - we all need each other. If you can afford it, help out a family who has hit rock bottom - it all comes back to you eventually! God Bless! :happy feet: :cheerleader:

With all the changes about to, or currently happening, to all of our guys and families, emotions are high and uncertainty looms large for so many of us. My man has only 2 1/2 years with Ford and is 57 years old - not a good age to be looking for a job to carry us through until retirement. His last day is Dec. first and he has already been sending out resumees. He's been hitting a dead end on many, and is doing his share of worrying, as are a lot of guys now. It's going to be tough on us wives as well, as we try to keep their spirits up and learn a new way of bugeting from one week to another. I've heard about some wives splitting and going for "their half" of the buyouts; some of which have many years of marriage. That sucks!

I guess what I'm saying is, we women need to be very supportive of our men. Small arguments can escalate into very large, stupid arguments, that have nothing to do with the problems at hand! We all need to tighten our belts - the buyout money won't last forever and unemployment checks are not in the picture. This might be a tough Christmas on large families, and we might have to focus on just being together, and not buying out the stores just because there is, what seems to be, some extra cash. Like hubbie says, "we pay off the bills and bank the rest to ride out the storm."

To all of you who are moving, best of luck to you in your new homes and jobs. To those of you who are staying with Ford, hang tough and stick together on the job! To those of us who are searching for new jobs, just remember, a good paying job like Ford is not likely to be in the near future, but you have to pay the rent or house payment. You have to live somewhere! If you have medical problems, take care of them before the 6 months insurance runs out. If you have dental work to be done, for $68./mo. you can carry dental insurance for 18 months, through COBRA, if you have to - a far cry from dental fees for even 2 people if major work still needs to be done. Sit down together, put it all on paper, and figure out a game plan.

Most of all, love each other and your families, Ford can't take that away from you! Thank God for what you have gotten over the years as Ford employees - where would you be today if you hadn't worked there? Hold your heads up and do the best that you can to make a new life without Ford - it's all anyone can do!

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and loving Holiday Season with your families and friends - we all need each other. If you can afford it, help out a family who has hit rock bottom - it all comes back to you eventually! God Bless! :happy feet: :cheerleader:

AMEN to that!!

Good luck and I wish the best for you and your family. Ford has been very good to a lot of us. :happy feet: :):)

Your husband is lucky to have you. I hope everything works out for you. Which plant did your husband work?

What a wonderful person you are. Your husband is lucky to have you. Good things happen to good people and your turn will be next. God Bless you and your loved ones.

Your husband is lucky to have you. I hope everything works out for you. Which plant did your husband work?

He started at Visteon, became a Ford ach employee at Sandusky Plastics. He had hoped to retire from Ford in 13 years @63 years old - not now. Worked 27 years for a machining company - lost his pension to company bankruptcy and worthless stock certificates to show for it! We've been through a lot, but we still have each other! Good luck to you too!

He started at Visteon, became a Ford ach employee at Sandusky Plastics. He had hoped to retire from Ford in 13 years @63 years old - not now. Worked 27 years for a machining company - lost his pension to company bankruptcy and worthless stock certificates to show for it! We've been through a lot, but we still have each other! Good luck to you too!

Um....is he 57 or 47 yrs old. Some of the math doesnt add up. Just curious.

May GOD continue to Bless the Kapten family. Thanks for speaking from the Heart!

Edited by DYNEX!