KTP Buyout #'s

ktprealtor#1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about some Trades specific numbers from KTP ??

I just got back from Labor Relations 5 minutes ago and the exact number at KTP is 1251. 70 of that are Skilled Trades and the bulk of the 70 are electricians. I will try to get an exact number of each trade but the list was being redone when I went and she said I could view it later but those numbers are official.

I just got back from Labor Relations 5 minutes ago and the exact number at KTP is 1251. 70 of that are Skilled Trades and the bulk of the 70 are electricians. I will try to get an exact number of each trade but the list was being redone when I went and she said I could view it later but those numbers are official.

We heard some people saying that there is a book for the dates for when people's buyouts are, up in labor relations. Some wanted to see it but didn't have time to wait before shift. There were alot of people trying to get a look at when they were scheduled to leave for there buyout.

Is this true?

Hey thanks alot,some trades down here in AAP are interested in your trades buyout numbers.If you could can you give us a breakdown when they come available?

That sounds like music to my ears. Maybe there is a future at Ford, in Kentucky, for an electrician with 5 years after all.

We heard some people saying that there is a book for the dates for when people's buyouts are, up in labor relations. Some wanted to see it but didn't have time to wait before shift. There were alot of people trying to get a look at when they were scheduled to leave for there buyout.

Is this true?

Yes in the books it has an eligibility date and a leaving date. Some people do not have a leaving date with their name yet, but most have both.

Was KTP heavy on Trades anyways? My husband put in for that zone for electrician. We know it is a long shot; but you needed to apply if interested. Our son will be going to USI in fall so that would work out great. I respect everyones reasoning for choosing KTP and I wish the lucky ones all the best!

come up here and help close batavia after you get done there.

do you still have the same cell number

hey jaybird is about 290 lbs he needs to get back to assembly fast

he said he might do ky

Yeah cell is the same and I seen that fat fucker at Talladega.He is so big he looks like a dead body after bloat sets in!!!!

Hope everything is going good,Sly got hired in on the railroad.LOL,isn't that funny they hired a asian to work on the railroad!!!!!Fucking Southerners probally did it for the humor factor.Fucking Hilarious!!!

What hours are the shifts at KTP and LAP? And what is the low seniority at each plant? How do you guys feel about transferees from MI? Thanks.

Currently ktp is on 3 8 hours shifts 5 days a week. Dayshift 7-3 nights 3-11 and midnights 11-7. Lowest seniority at Ktp is 2003.

Buy outs reach over 1300 at KTP :happy feet:

Man that sounds hopeful for me and my family, like many others, i put in for KTP 1st choice and LAP 2nd choice...with 14 years that might be the break i need to continue at Ford...i'm saying a prayer...can i root for the IU Hoosiers and the Colts in Louisville? Hey. i'll change my loyality if it means a job, take that to the bank...

Man that sounds hopeful for me and my family, like many others, i put in for KTP 1st choice and LAP 2nd choice...with 14 years that might be the break i need to continue at Ford...i'm saying a prayer...can i root for the IU Hoosiers and the Colts in Louisville? Hey. i'll change my loyality if it means a job, take that to the bank...

Colts and Hoosiers are both on local radio, so you can root for them or we can give you some KY blue in your wardrobe.

Colts and Hoosiers are both on local radio, so you can root for them or we can give you some KY blue in your wardrobe.

Plenty of IU fans here. 14 years would be nice down here at either plant. Have they told you when the flowbacks will start. We had 1251 signed up at ktp with 70 trades. How many will actually take it is a different story and then if we get COA that will knock another 500 off of it, but there should be some transfers. Good luck.

Reedy Creek,

I wish you the best, but don't get too encouraged by things at KTP. We currently have 135 high seniority people on voluntary layoff. Only a fraction will take the buyout, probably. You have a better chance getting here, if you are not in skilled trades. We will more than likely inherit LAP people as they slow linespeed and later next year cut out a shift.

Radio access to Indy Colts available. No TV, although we are in their viewing game region along with Cincinnati and Chicago. Get DishTV and NFL Ticket.

Hoosiers always on TV during basketball season.

Sorry, we are not a "KY Blue" plant or Town. The Ville rules the airwaves, local, regional and national in Louisville. There is a bitter rivalry here. Everyone here would treat you well, but you'd would get a lot of shit for running your mouth about IU or UK.

Edited by Trimspert

KTP1989

Went up front today to look at the buyout book. It only has jan buyouts,asked the lady behind the desk and she said they will go month by month for the seperation dates.

Sorry but i think anyone with less than early 95 senority was out of there mind not taking the buyout.

With the COA coming after the first of the year,and we already have talk of a down week on jan22 coming next year doesn't bold well for the future of staying 3 crews at KTP.

Also look at all the 12 years and plus wanting to transfer to our plant,and Ford still losing sales(just look at nov.sales).

I took the four year education buyout,i just don't see a dramatic turn around in both moral or product. And thats what it would take to turn this company around.

I think bill jr. brought alan in to late to save this company.

KTP1989

Went up front today to look at the buyout book. It only has jan buyouts,asked the lady behind the desk and she said they will go month by month for the seperation dates.

Sorry but i think anyone with less than early 95 senority was out of there mind not taking the buyout.

With the COA coming after the first of the year,and we already have talk of a down week on jan22 coming next year doesn't bold well for the future of staying 3 crews at KTP.

Also look at all the 12 years and plus wanting to transfer to our plant,and Ford still losing sales(just look at nov.sales).

I took the four year education buyout,i just don't see a dramatic turn around in both moral or product. And thats what it would take to turn this company around.

I think bill jr. brought alan in to late to save this company.

If there ever was a chance to get rid of C-Crew, it's now. 1251 signed up for buyouts and let's say 1000 take it, that's 1000 less they have to layoff when they close down a shift. I hope it doesn't happen, but there was ever a time, it's now.

As far as the buyout book, I only look for Skilled Trades and they had a date for everyone and all were not jan 1. A few were may and some Aug. to grandfather into some type of buyout. I really didn't pay attention to the production as much.

If I were 10 years younger or had 10 years less seniority, I would have been right with you on the educational buyout. It would have been the only one I would have considered. Good luck to ya.

I have not posted many times on here, but this is one topic of which I am certain.

Actually, there are 32 electricians (29 journeymen and 3 appretices) signed up. I beleive that many only signed up to "stay in the game". I probably should have done the same. IMHO there will be at least 10-15 back out of the buyouts. Some of the names on the list make NO sense at all.

As far as other trade numbers, I saw the list distrubuted by Central Maint. and if I remember correctly the breakdown of numbers is something like:

less than 15 millwrights

less than 10 pipefitters

less than 5 toolmakers

a couple of painters

a couple of oilers

:shades:

a few air tool repair

one tinner