Joe Lee is leaving

napfirst

Hi Coconut,

I warmed your heart? I sound pretty cool? Great. Thanks! Hey, ya got a pretty sister? Oh. never mind.

Do you really think I should remove my phone number after you posted such a nice letter to me? Ha! I'll toss the dice and hope other females will want to leave me blushing.

Tell your single girlfriends you know a humble, reformed yankee who will need protection from the cold weather. I don't ask for much out of life at my age. Just plenty of laughter. If they can succeed I'll be led around like a bull with a nose ring.

Other than cheaper real estate and restaurant prices the economy in Lorain County will be an adjustment for me.

I'm always left with a sense of meloncholy everytime I drive down Baumhart Road and see grass growing up through the asphalt parking lot at Lorain Assembly.

There has been some improvement in downtown Lorain. I still get the impression of urban blight when I drive around.

For the past 20 years in Norfolk and the surrounding cities they have witnessed constant economic development.

I live in downtown Norfolk. Old warehouses and old and new buildings are being made into condos. I priced one at $270,000.00. Believe it or not it was 890 sq ft. The condos on the top floor are going for over a million bucks and all are sold. There are better deals, but you get the picture.

I spoke to a neighbor the other day. His friend bought one 5 years ago for $125,00.00. It just sold for $290,000.00. If he held onto it for a few more weeks he could have made $20,000.00 more. It had to be a unique situation. Prices are going through the roof. Though not THAT fast.

Tony

Oh boy. Yeah, our economy is definitely stagnant compared to Norfolk... so sorry. But it will be nice to be close to family again, right? I know there's a silver lining here somewhere...

I grew up in Lorain and yeah, it kinda hurts to see the condition it's in now. Currently I live in Elyria- it's not having as hard a time as Lorain, but it definitely is not a Norfolk, either. Anyway. I still think the folks at OHAP will be lucky to have you.

Take Care!!

Oh boy. Yeah, our economy is definitely stagnant compared to Norfolk... so sorry. But it will be nice to be close to family again, right? I know there's a silver lining here somewhere...

I grew up in Lorain and yeah, it kinda hurts to see the condition it's in now. Currently I live in Elyria- it's not having as hard a time as Lorain, but it definitely is not a Norfolk, either. Anyway. I still think the folks at OHAP will be lucky to have you.

Take Care!!

Hi Coconut,

Thank you. You are too kind. I am really looking forward to being around my family. I come from a long line of hucksters. With them keeping me cracking up I am certain a short time will pass before I feel at home again. There is always childhood friends to lean on too. Of course my Virginia pals will be up the street in Dearborn.

I forgot to mention something in my last post about the 890 sq ft condo. Remember I said there were million dollar ones already sold on top? The last time I looked the construction hasn't even begun yet. Only the ground is graded.

Tony

He was probably the best PM we have had.

Yup. I talked to him for a while back at the opportunity fair. You can tell that he really cares about this plant and people. He had nothing but great things to say about the workforce at NAP.

On top of that ,after they announced we were closing,I think we were seeing atleast 1 newsletter every week -week and a half from him,updating us on what was going on with our plant. Thats a hell of a lot more then I can say about our sorry ass union officials. He was in no way obligated to do that,but he did anyways.

He said we had something truly unique here. He's cool in my book.

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

Tony,

I remember you from Lorain. I have to tell ya because your on your way to OHAP and I konw of your past involement with New Directions that except for Nick G. that local 2000 officials suck. These guys make the hillbilly mafia from Lorain look good, which is hard to do. The union here is weak and a for the most part a bunch of liars and they won't do shit for any outsider so get ready. I can't stress this enough. The only good guy is the chairman Nick G. but he is only one guy. The president is just a puppet and don't do shit. Have fun because most of the old Lorain guys are leaving.

Hey question on outsoucring at NAP. Is your yard work and railhead (multi level )outsourced to scab labor at NAP. How about your axle build up. fuel tanks, wire looms, IP's, engines, transmissions, etc. Just about everything thing that is picked by travelars at OHAP is outsourced to scabs and trucked in. Now the company wants all the gravy jobs to boot, driving jobs, multi level, clean up, Hi-Low, wharehousing, generel stores, etc. (all the jobs you work your ass off for 30 + years to get) and this sorry ass local is going to recommend that we vote for this COA bull shit. Of coarse no voting will take place will be untill us old Lorain fucks leave.

One more thing everyone that signed up for a package at OHAP was asked when they would like to retire and the comapny will acommindate you. Nice gesture on Fords part right? Wrong anyone on the so called gravy jobs are being forced out January 1, 2007 and the union says oh well. Just another kick in the teeth. Most everyone wants to stay until June 1 so they can get a full years vacation pay and I say if the comapny is going to let you pick your date then everyone should be able to pick their date. But theres no discrimination against Lorain is there?

Hey also. We have a BC named Penna here at OHAP that is another Wiggins. Everyone hates his lazy ass but he keeps getting elected.

Stay tuned.

P.S. your brother told me you have a guy lover and that you posted your phone number to find him is that right?

Tony,

I remember you from Lorain. I have to tell ya because your on your way to OHAP and I konw of your past involement with New Directions that except for Nick G. that local 2000 officials suck. These guys make the hillbilly mafia from Lorain look good, which is hard to do. The union here is weak and a for the most part a bunch of liars and they won't do shit for any outsider so get ready. I can't stress this enough. The only good guy is the chairman Nick G. but he is only one guy. The president is just a puppet and don't do shit. Have fun because most of the old Lorain guys are leaving.

Hey question on outsoucring at NAP. Is your yard work and railhead (multi level )outsourced to scab labor at NAP. How about your axle build up. fuel tanks, wire looms, IP's, engines, transmissions, etc. Just about everything thing that is picked by travelars at OHAP is outsourced to scabs and trucked in. Now the company wants all the gravy jobs to boot, driving jobs, multi level, clean up, Hi-Low, wharehousing, generel stores, etc. (all the jobs you work your ass off for 30 + years to get) and this sorry ass local is going to recommend that we vote for this COA bull shit. Of coarse no voting will take place will be untill us old Lorain fucks leave.

One more thing everyone that signed up for a package at OHAP was asked when they would like to retire and the comapny will acommindate you. Nice gesture on Fords part right? Wrong anyone on the so called gravy jobs are being forced out January 1, 2007 and the union says oh well. Just another kick in the teeth. Most everyone wants to stay until June 1 so they can get a full years vacation pay and I say if the comapny is going to let you pick your date then everyone should be able to pick their date. But theres no discrimination against Lorain is there?

Hey also. We have a BC named Penna here at OHAP that is another Wiggins. Everyone hates his lazy ass but he keeps getting elected.

Stay tuned.

P.S. your brother told me you have a guy lover and that you posted your phone number to find him is that right?

Tony,

Stay tuned.

Hey 40andout,

First things first. I love my brother and family like no other, but do me a favor. You tell that asshole if he would have listened to mom when he was a kid while she made her futile attempts at pounding her advice into his thick skull about the importance of school he would know how to read my posts.

Be sure he understands when I drive up to Ohio next week at high speed due to this urgency I am going to track him down and slap knots all over his shiny head!

The only ass of a man that belongs to me is mine and his. And his ass is grass and I'm gonna cut it a smoke it!!!

Hey 40andout,

First things first. I love my brother and family like no other, but do me a favor. You tell that asshole if he would have listened to mom when he was a kid while she made her futile attempts at pounding her advice into his thick skull about the importance of school he would know how to read my posts.

Be sure he understands when I drive up to Ohio next week at high speed due to this urgency I am going to track him down and slap knots all over his shiny head!

The only ass of a man that belongs to me is mine and his. And his ass is grass and I'm gonna cut it a smoke it!!!

One final point. Tell him if he goes into hiding I'll have Annette slap the snot out of him. She's my buddy. She'll be glad to do it for me. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

He was probably the best PM we have had.

I agree with you, JF(am I right?)....I've been here for 30 years and he's by far the best and most compassionate PM I've even seen.....Ohio Assembly should be glad to hear that he's coming.............

I agree with you, JF(am I right?)....I've been here for 30 years and he's by far the best and most compassionate PM I've even seen.....Ohio Assembly should be glad to hear that he's coming.............

Glad to hear he's coming? According to the letter he put out today from nap, he will be going, but his family will be staying. And that tells you what? Hmm.. he wont be there long.

Edited by jm2607

Yeah, So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna ride her into the ground? I think its gonna get pretty crazy around here before its all said and done. I've got one more week of work(next week), then off to DTP. I heard someone on here say that they were gonna start passing out more info on the transfers this week. If you or JG here anything shoot me a PM. Have a good day. Give the coverall lady a hug for me.

Glad to hear he's coming? According to the letter he put out today from nap, he will be going, but his family will be staying. And that tells you what? Hmm.. he wont be there long.

Or does he have minor children, and he won't be pulling them out of school mid-year, or does his wife work? Ford isn't getting her a job here. Does he have a house that has to be put up for sale? He's no different than the many brothers/sisters that transfer to a new plant and their family can't immediately follow. Ford asked Mona to step down and Joe to fill the vacancy. He's got to do what he's got to do. Unfortunately, I'm getting out of there before I get to meet the man. Hope that He is able to take care of the problems, but I doubt it, not enough room!

CountinDownTheDays (14 more days after tonight)

Yeah, So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna ride her into the ground? I think its gonna get pretty crazy around here before its all said and done. I've got one more week of work(next week), then off to DTP. I heard someone on here say that they were gonna start passing out more info on the transfers this week. If you or JG here anything shoot me a PM. Have a good day. Give the coverall lady a hug for me.

I'm outta here next Friday for good.............I think all the transfers are going the same day. I don't know when they are supposed to report to DTP( they are having a meeting for the them next week to answer all their questions).....I think JG will be leaving this Friday taking the early retirement package......10/4 on hugging the Coverall lady......................

I'm outta here next Friday for good.............I think all the transfers are going the same day. I don't know when they are supposed to report to DTP( they are having a meeting for the them next week to answer all their questions).....I think JG will be leaving this Friday taking the early retirement package......10/4 on hugging the Coverall lady......................

I hope Friday is my last day lol, nobody knows around here ,this place [nap] is as bad as a soap opera and i will miss a lot a lot of people including the workhorse and you jf .question jf what happen to business venture with brother? hopefully by Fri. a lot of us will know one way or another what is going to happen .

I hope Friday is my last day lol, nobody knows around here ,this place [nap] is as bad as a soap opera and i will miss a lot a lot of people including the workhorse and you jf .question jf what happen to business venture with brother? hopefully by Fri. a lot of us will know one way or another what is going to happen .

Its still a viable option. I need more schooling though. I'm going to give the big F one more chance. If the wings start icing over, I'm jumping out with my parachute. I've got to come in tomorrow to turn some papers in. I'll come over to body and say goodbye. :speedie:

Just remember you have to stay active. Maybe you can finally put that PHD to good use.

Apparently you do not have the cozy relationship with Joe Lee that you thought you did.

LOL I work on the line in paint. I briefly spoke to him in passing. All of the times since he has been here.

LOL I work on the line in paint. I briefly spoke to him in passing. All of the times since he has been here.

Here's a typo correction: "All of three times since he has been here."

I'm sorry I couldn't entertain you with a Freudian Slip.

95% of the people transferring are leaving their families back for a while. Dont get a conspiracy theory going before tha man gets there. Besides from what I understand,he has about 12 people living with him ,or close to him.They all moved here.

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

• 2 weeks later...
Mike Hom was not as good as Lee or Boggs. Boggs would give you the shirt off his back. Lee was a nice PM, but I also "heard" he closes every plant he goes to. I would be nice too.

Good Lord, ya'll keep him then. But, then agani, we heard the same thing about Mona Reinhart, "plant killer" is what they called her. I hope this Lee fella is as nice as ya'll say he is. As for the OHAP plant closing, I overheard part of a convo last week, about us gettin another vehicle, will update ya when I hear more.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, OR HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON, AND I PRAY EVERY ONE HAS A SAFE AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.