How about an F-100??

twintornados

I would love to see Ford 'slot in' an F-100 between the 150 and Ranger....suggestions include using the "heritage F-150" body with a limited options sheet for cab/bed configurations and with a lighter GVWR rating for those that want a street truck that does light duty hauling, or quick runs to Home Depot et al. Lighter duty spring rates front and rear for a smoother ride.

Standard motor would be the 4.2L V-6, or the old 4.9L I-6 with a crossflow head, four valves and SEFI, and then a 5.4L for the true hot rods.

The kick is...the only thing "new" Ford would have to make is the "F-100" tags.

Lets go Ford, there has to be a gap vehicle between the Ranger, and the F-150....

I would love to see Ford 'slot in' an F-100 between the 150 and Ranger....suggestions include using the "heritage F-150" body with a limited options sheet for cab/bed configurations and with a lighter GVWR rating for those that want a street truck that does light duty hauling, or quick runs to Home Depot et al. Lighter duty spring rates front and rear for a smoother ride.

Standard motor would be the 4.2L V-6, or the old 4.9L I-6 with a crossflow head, four valves and SEFI, and then a 5.4L for the true hot rods.

The kick is...the only thing "new" Ford would have to make is the "F-100" tags.

Lets go Ford, there has to be a gap vehicle between the Ranger, and the F-150....

I think Ford has enough of a problem considering they havent touched the Ranger in a decade. Redesign the ranger and give it a couple variations of the new 3.5L 6 as well as a 4 and they would have a fighting chance of reclaiming some market share.