Will the 2008 rollout drag out like the Edge is?

MaytagRepairman

The Mariner is supposed to be in showrooms in February. I am going next week to discuss pre-ordering the 08 Mariner Hybrid. The review by Edmunds doesn't really effect the hybrid. The hybrid has 4 wheel disc brakes and CVT. Obviously the gas mileage is better as well. The difference between a Mariner Hybrid and a similarly equiped V6 Mariner is about $3000. If you go with 2WD, after the $2600 tax credit, the hybrid is only an extra $400. How long will it take to save $400 in gas? If you go with 4WD, then you have $1050 to try to save, which may be a little more difficult.

The Mariner is supposed to be in showrooms in February. I am going next week to discuss pre-ordering the 08 Mariner Hybrid. The review by Edmunds doesn't really effect the hybrid. The hybrid has 4 wheel disc brakes and CVT. Obviously the gas mileage is better as well. The difference between a Mariner Hybrid and a similarly equiped V6 Mariner is about $3000. If you go with 2WD, after the $2600 tax credit, the hybrid is only an extra $400. How long will it take to save $400 in gas? If you go with 4WD, then you have $1050 to try to save, which may be a little more difficult.

Excellent point about the hybrid.... I could not get one because of it's reduced towing capacity....