TCAP to KCAP ???

smokey paw

Anyone know for sure? At TCAP we have been told that KCAP has 600 openings for us to transfer. We have been

told,"Those who want to transfer will go SOMEWHERE", but everyone thinks it's Kansas City. It would be nice to know since some of us need to make plans for that to happen. Anyone have any info?

Anyone know for sure? At TCAP we have been told that KCAP has 600 openings for us to transfer. We have been

told,"Those who want to transfer will go SOMEWHERE", but everyone thinks it's Kansas City. It would be nice to know since some of us need to make plans for that to happen. Anyone have any info?

That's been in the rumour mill here for a while. I hope it's true for you, KC has been a blessing for my family and I since we got here (SLAP). If I hear of anything I will post it here for you, I'm not 'in the know' by ANY means, but what i hear I'll try to help. God Bless TCAP!

We all wish we knew for sure. The facts right now are that we are hiring TFT employees to replace the ones whom take the buy out packages. We are also being told that they do not plan on replacing skilled employees on a one for one. Instead they are going to reduce the amount of each classification. At this point in time we are still not sure how far they are going to reduce each classification. Whe at TCAP is telling you folks that you are going to be offered transfers? Just curious because last I had heard they had put a freeze on all transfers. That's why the last few folks at Atlanta are so upset about. Good luck to everyone regardless of what they decide.

That's been in the rumour mill here for a while. I hope it's true for you, KC has been a blessing for my family and I since we got here (SLAP). If I hear of anything I will post it here for you, I'm not 'in the know' by ANY means, but what i hear I'll try to help. God Bless TCAP!

Thank You!! Anything helps!

We all wish we knew for sure. The facts right now are that we are hiring TFT employees to replace the ones whom take the buy out packages. We are also being told that they do not plan on replacing skilled employees on a one for one. Instead they are going to reduce the amount of each classification. At this point in time we are still not sure how far they are going to reduce each classification. Whe at TCAP is telling you folks that you are going to be offered transfers? Just curious because last I had heard they had put a freeze on all transfers. That's why the last few folks at Atlanta are so upset about. Good luck to everyone regardless of what they decide.

Our Union has said , anyone who wants a transfer should be ready to go in the next few weeks.

They won't say where though. Some people from our plant have already gone down to KCAP to check things

out, however, they were not allowed in the plant.

I haven't heard about any freeze on transfers, but, we at TCAP have a freeze on hiring temps. Almost everyone

who took the buyout has signed up to come back. Not all of the buyout people have been let go yet. So who knows...

Everyone is getting TENSE thats for sure!!!

Our Union has said , anyone who wants a transfer should be ready to go in the next few weeks.

They won't say where though. Some people from our plant have already gone down to KCAP to check things

I haven't heard about any freeze on transfers, but, we at TCAP have a freeze on hiring temps. Almost everyone

who took the buyout has signed up to come back. Not all of the buyout people have been let go yet. So who knows...

I am also from KCAP, I have heard they have already screened tpt er's and they are ready to go when Ford gives the OK. Last monday we recieved 50 people from Visteon... Maybe try our local 249 web site and try to keep current on info t :banghead: here. I also we keep ears open.. Good luck to everyone, keep your heads up.... :stats:

My understanding more were supposed to be there today. 60 in all we (SLAP) were told at our orientation meeting in July were supposed to come. Apparently there was/is a parts depot in KS that was/is getting downsized and those folk are represented by Local 249. Shows ya how much I know.

What do you mean got 50 people from Visteon?Flowback?What plant did these people come from?Any info on this would greatly be appreciated!

This was the plant that made IP's for the SUV side before Visteon became ACH. It is on Front street on the south side of the river about 10 minutes from the plant. Yes they were repesented by local 249.

What do you mean got 50 people from Visteon?Flowback?What plant did these people come from?Any info on this would greatly be appreciated!

Not sure, I was told if they worked for Ford and went to Visteon, thay could come back to Ford, they build IP's down the road from the plant....

Yes they belonged to Visteon which Local 249 represents. Those employees had the option of a buyout, transfer with their work to MI, or tranfer to KCAP. The majority of them took the tranfer to KCAP. I heard the number was 67 but don't quote me on that. We did also have a parts depot in KS that closed sometime ago. I'm not sure if there is anyone left over there or not. We did get a few of there employees at KCAP a year or two ago. As far as TCAP coming to KCAP I wish you all the best. I think there might be a few left at SLAP that are waiting to come. I know that is true for the trades just not sure about production. I'm not sure who they would bring first (TCAP or SLAP). It's one of those top secret things that only certain people are allowed to know about. I'm still alive so I guess I don't know yet.

Hey Smokey Paw- I am one of the first grp. to get the exiting buyout, but I was one of the last ones to sign up to come back for temporary employment and the book was pretty empty for signatures....... I talked to someone inside that gave me the number of COMEBACKS I'll call them as 2 hundred something from a Union rep and that is including the people still working on the line so ( No where near your statement of "Almost everyone who took the buyout has signed up to come back") from what I was told last week in the Chassis zone there were 80 some extra's over what was needed to run and they went back to the line and started to ask if they wanted to leave and they could have left right there and then..... Most waited for Weeks end.

When I was there still the rumor was 800 and 400 were open jobs to transfer too But I don't remember which number went to what plant. Kentucky and Kansas respectively.

Hey Smokey Paw- I am one of the first grp. to get the exiting buyout, but I was one of the last ones to sign up to come back for temporary employment and the book was pretty empty for signatures....... I talked to someone inside that gave me the number of COMEBACKS I'll call them as 2 hundred something from a Union rep and that is including the people still working on the line so ( No where near your statement of "Almost everyone who took the buyout has signed up to come back") from what I was told last week in the Chassis zone there were 80 some extra's over what was needed to run and they went back to the line and started to ask if they wanted to leave and they could have left right there and then..... Most waited for Weeks end.

When I was there still the rumor was 800 and 400 were open jobs to transfer too But I don't remember which number went to what plant. Kentucky and Kansas respectively.

Sorry, I should have been more specific...everyone i have talked to has signed up to come back. Someone who signed

up said the list was long. But you know how everyone talks B.S. right? The latest I hear now is 500 openings at KCAP.

Yes they belonged to Visteon which Local 249 represents. Those employees had the option of a buyout, transfer with their work to MI, or tranfer to KCAP. The majority of them took the tranfer to KCAP. I heard the number was 67 but don't quote me on that. We did also have a parts depot in KS that closed sometime ago. I'm not sure if there is anyone left over there or not. We did get a few of there employees at KCAP a year or two ago. As far as TCAP coming to KCAP I wish you all the best. I think there might be a few left at SLAP that are waiting to come. I know that is true for the trades just not sure about production. I'm not sure who they would bring first (TCAP or SLAP). It's one of those top secret things that only certain people are allowed to know about. I'm still alive so I guess I don't know yet.

Yeah, folks are wondering why people who were at Visteon get transferred first. They thought we would first because

of us closing. Everyone transferring is anxious to get down there as soon as yesterday. But, yes, everything is TOP

SECRET for sure. Hope it all works out for everyone! Good Luck! We all need it...