4 year educational Buyout

romeoboy

I was just curious. Of those that have taken the Education buyout, have anyone had any problems? Like for example not getting their yearly income check? Ford not paying the tuition portion of the deal? I have yet to take the buyout...but was wandering if there was any problems out there. Thanks

I was just curious. Of those that have taken the Education buyout, have anyone had any problems? Like for example not getting their yearly income check? Ford not paying the tuition portion of the deal? I have yet to take the buyout...but was wandering if there was any problems out there. Thanks

I left Dec. 1, received my vacation payout in about a week and a half, and my first annual stipend around Dec. 21. I turned in my school bill on the website, printed the voucher and mailed it. The school shows everything is paid.

So far so good.

My last day of work was Dec 22nd, release date Jan 1st. Started school Jan 8th, have not yet received my welcome packet, which contains the forms you need to get your tuition payments, stipend, book reimbursement, etc. Also, For some reason up until yesterday I was still listed in the system as an active employee. I had to put a v hold on my credit card to be able to start classes on time, my school said that if they haven't received the tution voucher within 30 days of me starting class that they will bill my credit card ($4,600 for this semester). I cannot print out the voucher till they update me as being an inactive employee. I faxed over the express interest form to edopp, but they won't update my file till they get verification from world headquaters that I took the buyout. I talked to labor relations and they said that they are behind updating people's files and just updated mine yesterday (friday). So I have been calling back and forth to make sure that this gets resolved in a timely manner, so I don't end up getting billed for the tuition on my credit card, I paid over $400 for books for this semester. The max they will reimburse for books is $485, so I'm already almost at the max for books. I have no idea as to when I will be getting my stipend payment, and reimbursement for my books, have to fill out the welcome packet first, whenever that finally shows up. The stipend is supposed to come 3 to 5 weeks after the release date, and as slow as the process seems to be going for me I wouldn't be surprised if it takes the whole 5 weeks before I get my stipend.

Maybe it all depends on how fast the labor relations dept in your building submits the paperwork, changes your employment status, etc. as to whether or not the process is delayed or not.

What plants are you guys from? Also, can you post the website you are getting your educational funds from. We have received 0 information about anything. Seems everything I am finding out if from this website so why stop now.

Also, if any of you are from MTP, overheard friday that the jan. 1st termination dates were going to receive their checks this week. Take it for what its worth.

Good Luck!

What plants are you guys from? Also, can you post the website you are getting your educational funds from. We have received 0 information about anything. Seems everything I am finding out if from this website so why stop now.

Also, if any of you are from MTP, overheard friday that the jan. 1st termination dates were going to receive their checks this week. Take it for what its worth.

Good Luck!

My termination day was Jan 1st. I haven't signed up for classes yet, because I thought I had to have the voucher to do so. They were in such a rush to get people out the door on Jan 1st so they could start school, and now they can't even get people the info they need in a timely manner. We have recieved zero information on how this process will work. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different from this mess of a company.

My termination day was Jan 1st. I haven't signed up for classes yet, because I thought I had to have the voucher to do so. They were in such a rush to get people out the door on Jan 1st so they could start school, and now they can't even get people the info they need in a timely manner. We have recieved zero information on how this process will work. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different from this mess of a company.

I hear ya there. You should check with the school you are going to attend, more than likely you could have registered late (or still within their reg period), and with 3rd party billing, you should be able to turn in the voucher when you receive it. Although you are responsible for all tuition and costs once you register, most schools give at least 60days before they assess any late charges for tuition. It depends soley on the school. The program requires you to enroll in the next available semester following your seperation date, so technically you probably won't have to be enrolled/registered for classes until the summer session, but be aware that if the school you are going to has registration available after Jan1 for their winter semester, you may be required to attend. This came directly from Durinda Smith, at World Headquarters. She stated that the program people will check with the school to verify whether or not you could indeed attend the current semester. Just wanted to pass on the info that I for fact checked into.

You are right, no one gives you any information, you must seek it out yourself, which is precisely what I had to do when they moved up my seperation date from June 1 to Feb 1. Finding out that I didn't have to actually be enrolled full time, under program requirements, until the summer semester, I still decided to enroll and register for a couple of classes for the witner/spring semester starting today in fact. Bonus- I get the tuition for these classes under the etap as a current active employee. I was tlo'd until Feb 1, freeing up alot of my time. Good Luck Mafia!

:shades:

I hear ya there. You should check with the school you are going to attend, more than likely you could have registered late (or still within their reg period), and with 3rd party billing, you should be able to turn in the voucher when you receive it. Although you are responsible for all tuition and costs once you register, most schools give at least 60days before they assess any late charges for tuition. It depends soley on the school. The program requires you to enroll in the next available semester following your seperation date, so technically you probably won't have to be enrolled/registered for classes until the summer session, but be aware that if the school you are going to has registration available after Jan1 for their winter semester, you may be required to attend. This came directly from Durinda Smith, at World Headquarters. She stated that the program people will check with the school to verify whether or not you could indeed attend the current semester. Just wanted to pass on the info that I for fact checked into.

You are right, no one gives you any information, you must seek it out yourself, which is precisely what I had to do when they moved up my seperation date from June 1 to Feb 1. Finding out that I didn't have to actually be enrolled full time, under program requirements, until the summer semester, I still decided to enroll and register for a couple of classes for the witner/spring semester starting today in fact. Bonus- I get the tuition for these classes under the etap as a current active employee. I was tlo'd until Feb 1, freeing up alot of my time. Good Luck Mafia!

Well i have had a lot of time to research most of this from the last time we talked. All the people that are going to use the EDOPP buyout need to sign up at www.myuawford.com. This is the same if you were going to take accredited classes under ETAP. You go in and apply for a voucher,enter all your info for classes and the college and so on. Check back in about 4 to 5 days to check if your voucher has been approved.(they say 3 to 4 business days)

I talked to my education training coordinator at my plant,and she said this is how the EDOPP will work,just like the ETAP does now. You will apply for your courses and print the approved vouchers to your school.

Plus you will have a running total of what you have used through out the year.

Books will be a reimbursement from what i heard.

Just make sure you are applying for accredited classes towards a degree,or you will be denied on the vouchers.

Michigam mafia let me know if your EDOPP money is on that website so we all know for sure when our time comes to leave.

Yes i still have no date yet. :shades:

:shades:

Well i have had a lot of time to research most of this from the last time we talked. All the people that are going to use the EDOPP buyout need to sign up at www.myuawford.com. This is the same if you were going to take accredited classes under ETAP. You go in and apply for a voucher,enter all your info for classes and the college and so on. Check back in about 4 to 5 days to check if your voucher has been approved.(they say 3 to 4 business days)

I talked to my education training coordinator at my plant,and she said this is how the EDOPP will work,just like the ETAP does now. You will apply for your courses and print the approved vouchers to your school.

Plus you will have a running total of what you have used through out the year.

Books will be a reimbursement from what i heard.

Just make sure you are applying for accredited classes towards a degree,or you will be denied on the vouchers.

Michigam mafia let me know if your EDOPP money is on that website so we all know for sure when our time comes to leave.

Also, you may have some problems on the site if you are not already a registered user. Our ETC urged everyone to make sure they were signed up during their active employment, because once you are under a different code, you cannot register (defaults on the site only allow active employees or retirees) . I would imagine the NPC people would have to help you to get registered for online services after your seperation date.

Yep, the book money is a reimbursement.

Well, I went today to register for full time school. I had to pay up front, since I had not yet received the paperwork from EDOPP to let me know just what the hell I was doing.

So of course, when I got home after registering, guess what was in my mailbox? That's right, the EDOPP paperwork. So I guess now I have to fill out my voucher info online so I can get my money back.

Now where's that stipend check? :reading:

I just went on myuawford.com and checked out my account. It says I have $15,000 in tuition money and $485 in book money to spend. I submitted the info online for my voucher, and I should be able to print the voucher in 3-4 working days. It takes 3-4 weeks if sent my mail.

So it looks like I'm good to go.... after I get that stipend check.

I just went on myuawford.com and checked out my account. It says I have $15,000 in tuition money and $485 in book money to spend. I submitted the info online for my voucher, and I should be able to print the voucher in 3-4 working days. It takes 3-4 weeks if sent my mail.

I hate to say it, but I believe you may have screwed yourself. If you applied for a voucher, it will come to you made payable to the school, for classes you already paid for. You should have obtained a reimbursement form, not a voucher. I do not believe these are available online. You had better check with the NPC, etap dept, here is the lady you need to talk to-"Johnson, Toni (T.)" <tjohns44@ford.com>, she is in charge of this, if you cannot get her via email, try this one--"Lacorato, Ralph (R.A.)" <rlacorat@ford.com> . This guy got back with me immediately.

I hate to say it, but I believe you may have screwed yourself. If you applied for a voucher, it will come to you made payable to the school, for classes you already paid for. You should have obtained a reimbursement form, not a voucher. I do not believe these are available online. You had better check with the NPC, etap dept, here is the lady you need to talk to-"Johnson, Toni (T.)" <tjohns44@ford.com>, she is in charge of this, if you cannot get her via email, try this one--"Lacorato, Ralph (R.A.)" <rlacorat@ford.com> . This guy got back with me immediately.

I'm thinking since the voucher will be payable to the school, I could give the school the voucher and the school could refund my money.

I guess I'll just have to wait to print my voucher to find out.

I'm thinking since the voucher will be payable to the school, I could give the school the voucher and the school could refund my money.

I guess I'll just have to wait to print my voucher to find out.

I have been attending school while being employed and often times the money is due before i receive the voucher. The school will usually refund your money when you bring them the voucher.

As far as the textbooks are concerned, if there is anyway you can keep your original receipt and get the voucher I would. That way you can participate in the buyback at the end of the semester. If not you can still sell your books on ebay which you will usually get at least half of what you paid... which was actually already covered by the Ford reimbursement. I would not keep your textbooks, I have never used my old ones and once a new edition comes out yours will be obsolete and worthless.

Just an update:

I applied for the voucher late Tuesday night, and just saw today (Friday) it's ready to be printed. Faster than I thought it would be.

Is there anyone who has not received the 4 year educational stipend check (EDOPP) and was told that it would not arrive until after the 2-5 week period (of termination) is up?

-Haven't received my stipend check yet, I applied for the 4 year EDOPP. On Tuesday 1-23 I did receive my W-2’s for my pay and sub-pay.

My last day worked was Nov. 27th, the following week I went to security to pick up my last check, and was also given my December eligibility vacation/personal unused time check. I was surprised to receive that since I quit on the last day of the buyout option.

When I quit, I was told that I shouldn’t expect to receive my stipend or welcome packet until sometime after the middle of January. I was prepared to not hear anything until mid January-Feb.

I started coming to these forums on Tuesday to see if anyone started to receive their checks, I seen a couple posts of people who have, so I decided to give labor relations a call to see if they had my check/welcome package.

I just checked the myuawford.com website and it does show that I have Available funds of $15,000 for tuition and $485 for books.

I have tried to call labor at 467-0560 a few times the last couple days only to have nobody answer.

p.s. I do pay child support, so I'm thinking that maybee this will cause a delay.

Edited by tetrahydro

-Haven't received my stipend check yet, I applied for the 4 year EDOPP. On Tuesday 1-23 I did receive my W-2’s for my pay and sub-pay.

My last day worked was Nov. 27th, the following week I went to security to pick up my last check, and was also given my December eligibility vacation/personal unused time check. I was surprised to receive that since I quit on the last day of the buyout option.

When I quit, I was told that I shouldn’t expect to receive my stipend or welcome packet until sometime after the middle of January. I was prepared to not hear anything until mid January-Feb.

I started coming to these forums on Tuesday to see if anyone started to receive their checks, I seen a couple posts of people who have, so I decided to give labor relations a call to see if they had my check/welcome package.

I just checked the myuawford.com website and it does show that I have Available funds of $15,000 for tuition and $485 for books.

I have tried to call labor at 467-0560 a few times the last couple days only to have nobody answer.

p.s. I do pay child support, so I'm thinking that maybee this will cause a delay.

Labor Relations cannot help you, Durinda Smith@ world headquarters can- 1-313-322-3771, she handles the edopp payments....(anyone reading this that took STEP,, do not call her, she is edopp only!!)

FYI-if you do not owe any arrearages in child support you should be allright, but then again, just the fact that you pay support could slow your payment simply because of verification for the arrearages, or lack thereof...

Hope this helps you.

ANY questions you may have, shoot an email to edoppfaq@ford.com. These folks usually answer you within 24 hours. And ALWAYS do your voucher online and print it; much less wait time.

This is true. If you do the "tuition reimbursement" form (meaning if you paid out of pocket for tuition and want to be reimbursed), it takes approximately 8 weeks to get your money back. Plus it is a pain in the ass in the fact that the school needs to sign it and MUST use their "stamp" on the form...2 times I have used this form, and both times I have received the "deer in the headlights" look when I asked for the stamp. The online voucher is much easier.

• 8 months later...

AAP buyout recipient here. 1 Year in the program and it still works... sorta.

(The following is probably only relevant if you are attending a school that costs more than EDOPP pays out)

Advice in hindsight- Don't bother trying to get book reimbursements. It comes from the SAME MONEY, the $15k for school, so unless you are completely broke and $500 is going to keep your belly full, its a complete waste of time. Buy and sell your books online to get the cheapest prices and maximize returns. Use all the money, $15k, to get the best bang for the free bucks. (My school costs about $20k a year now so $5k of my living $ goes to school too)(PS that $20k is for unlimited credit hours up to 18hrs and labs, specialties, etc. don't cost extra).

Your school WILL work with you. Tell them when your YTD rolls around for tuition and living stipend. If they tell you you MUST pay in full every semester before registering, they are probably not nice and you shouldn't attend there anymore anyway. Fire them and tell EDOPP why you want to switch.

Trying to figure out the taxes is gonna be a crap shoot- deduction or refund? IRS 970? lifetime learning or hope?

scholarship as income? ugh... I'm getting a CPA.

Finally- get good grades, get good grades, get good grades... its easy if you're a non-traditional student becasue you have life learning... it really helps. This is my second go around with college and this time i know what i'm doing... sorta.

Last- thanks for the direct line number posted here earlier for EDOPP. Awesome. I was glad I had saved my original reimbursement forms so I could copy them and not send in originals because *breath* its nearly impossible to find the PDF files for them anymore and the employee website is a crock and hard useful info is hidden deep in the pages.

None! I am starting my second year and everything has on their end has been perfect. I wish they would have managed the plant I worked in as well as the contractor runs the edopp program.