Think Bush has it bad- try being Bill Ford Jr.

It still remains Henry was a big supporter of Hitler. He was the only American to recieve that Nazi award. I believe only 2 non Germans ever recieved it. On the other hand Hitler was quite widely supported before the war.

Here's the lyric of a "tribute" song to Henry Ford..... (you can listen to the song on our website)

Ford built tanks for the Nazis

And the Nazis used those tanks

To kill off lots of soldiers

In the U.S. Army ranks

Yes, Henry Ford was a fascist

And a nasty one was he

He'd build tanks for anyone

For the proper fee

Henry Ford spoke to his lackeys

And he said, "isn't this great?

"We'll attack our enemies

"And we'll retaliate!"

Henry Ford was a fascist

And a cunning liar, too

A brownshirt with a swastika

Draped in red, white and blue

Henry Ford spoke to his workers

And he said, "you dare not strike!

"You must be patriotic

"And take on my Third Reich!"

And he had not a care

About the dying soldiers

That made him a billionaire

Ford built tanks for the Nazis

And he built many more

To kill off lots of peasants

In Peru and Salvador

I heard that when he died

The last words to leave his lips

Was "arbeit macht frei"

The dollar was his icon

On whichever shore

And Henry's only motto

Was "make money and make war"

That's all I have to say

I will spit on Henry's rotting grave

Until my dying day.

Lyrics and music by David Rovics

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still remains Henry was a big supporter of Hitler.

Furnish documented proof of HF's support. Robert Lacey doesn't.

Hitler liked Henry Ford, and gave him an award. It does not necessarily follow that Henry Ford was particularly keen on Hitler.

No more so than the various people who knew about the concentration camps and did nothing, although being in a position to do otherwise.

---

And one more thing: Henry Ford never built tanks for the Nazis.

Edited by RichardJensen

So, even if this were actually true...It is not new. Times change, things that looked good at the time turn out to be bad ideas. I really doubt that Henry Ford built 'tanks' for Nazi's (although history shows their Panzers were the best tanks). Anyhow, it was Japan that attacked us - so why would anyone support them?

But just for the record:

Ronald Regan supported "freedom fighters' in Afghanistan that later became known as the Taliban.

Regan also supported Saddam Hussein during his war with Iran

Many modern day US leaders from Kennedy to Johnson to George Sr to Bill Clinton supported dictators in Central America, Middle East, and Africa that eventually turned out to be enemies of the US.

Our current President (and his predecessor) give full support to dictators in Communist China and Viet Nam...only time will tell how bad an idea this is.

Get to work writing more songs!

Edited by Kev-Mo

So, even if this were actually true...It is not new. Times change, things that looked good at the time turn out to be bad ideas. I really doubt that Henry Ford built 'tanks' for Nazi's (although history shows their Panzers were the best tanks). Anyhow, it was Japan that attacked us - so why would anyone support them?

The Russians had better tanks than the germans and they were based on the design of an American.

And don't forget, FDR was a big supporter of Stalin.

The Russians had better tanks than the germans and they were based on the design of an American.

And don't forget, FDR was a big supporter of Stalin.

bluecon,

Please don't go there. You're wrong on most accounts (although you are right that the Russians had better tanks than the Germans). The Russian designs were truly indiginous. The fact That Christie's designs were a startpoint for the Russians should not take away from the basic design brilliance that led to the T34 (which had very little to do with Christie). Next, FDR was NOT a supporter of Stalin. FDR simply believed two points - the Soviet Union had to survive if Nazi germany was to be defeated without too much American blood spilled, and second, for Stalin to work well with the West (with an eye to the post war environment), Stalin had to be made to feel that he was a part of the war's decision making process and not apart from it. FDR was not a communist or a communist sympathizer, he was a pragmatist who was willing to use left leaning methods to save the overall capitalist structure that was in severe danger as a result the Great Depression.

Please stay on topic.

Edited by bb62