07 Shelby Paint Issues

Ok, I hope all do not take this the wrong way. I have bleed Ford Blue since a young child. This is my 4th new Ford in a bit over a year. Its a very long story but my story is about the paint on my new Shelby which is a replacement for another that was returned.

At this point I will let the pictures do the talkin'

th_DSC03646.jpg

th_paint_scratches_roof_above_sticker.jpg

th_sanding_scratches_above_quarter_gla.jpg

Area's of these marks are Left 1/4 above wheel and also behind, all around the 1/4 glass, roof edge, section between 1/4 glass and door glass, upper rear of pass door, corner of front fender. Also a lot of orange peel in many areas. Car also has a factory flaw/indention in roof on drivers side.

Well,

That was unreal, FoMoCo just contacted me within an hour of my post!

(sent them a email with link a few minutes after post)

Looks like they are willing to work something out and maybe I will have fewer hoops to jump through.

All I can say is: FoMoCo, the ball is in your court....

The pictures will stay until this is resolved.

Man that sucks. This is why I always inspect the hell out of any new vehicle before I buy it. Hope it all turns out good for you.

Thanks Paul, As usual Ford was supposed to get back with me on this issue but never did.

Has anyone heard how Ford gets around the lemon/replacement car issues? Seems some vehicles that are being returned because of mechanical or other issues do not show up in system as being returned and or warranty work being done on them? Is this to hide the fact these cars had a problem?

I like the car itself but response from Ford is spotty at best. They like to make promises but seldom follow through. You would think having bought 4 new Fords in past year it would mean something to Ford or the dealers. Its no wonder they are going down the tubes.

I am not being nitpicky on this car either as there are too many flaws to mention. Its the paint thats the big issue with the what I call major blemishes in that the DA marks are so visible even to someone not familiar with how painting is done. Enough rant for now. Sun is shining maybe I will take a drive as weather has been too bad to back out of garage. Maybe a little supercharger boost/whine will get me going again.

Looks like orange peel but I can't tell from a picture real well. If it is it can be color sanded and polished out. If its swirl marks it can be polished out by a detailer. Either way its unacceptable for a $45,000 car with a $20,000+ dealer markup.

Edited by CPBroncoBoy

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like orange peel but I can't tell from a picture real well. If it is it can be color sanded and polished out. If its swirl marks it can be polished out by a detailer. Either way its unacceptable for a $45,000 car with a $20,000+ dealer markup.

updated pics

th_IMG_4360.jpg

th_IMG_4363.jpg

th_IMG_4364.jpg

th_IMG_4365.jpg

th_IMG_4366.jpg

th_IMG_4367.jpg

th_IMG_4368.jpg