DTP Bulletin

Bigcountry

They'll be investing the money for retooling soon, but first they have something for you to ratify! Not to be down, and I hope they follow through. However I know they are aware of their opposition in further concessions, and they have to soften the membership somehow. Just watch the chronological order to protect yourselves!

They'll be investing the money for retooling soon, but first they have something for you to ratify! Not to be down, and I hope they follow through. However I know they are aware of their opposition in further concessions, and they have to soften the membership somehow. Just watch the chronological order to protect yourselves!

Very true.Once we agree to work for $23 an hour they will retool..................

all of december off to retool, and 8ft box coming too, or so I've heard.

Its funny how the union at DTP put a letter out a couple of months ago and said all the retool rumors were just that rumors....Now they put a letter out saying we retooling.....Wonder what else they lie about!!! Why does the union insist on telling the membership they know nothing when actually they do......

And the union says they found out on Aug.27th,why wasn't we the membership told then instead of a month later....

Its funny how the union at DTP put a letter out a couple of months ago and said all the retool rumors were just that rumors....Now they put a letter out saying we retooling.....Wonder what else they lie about!!! Why does the union insist on telling the membership they know nothing when actually they do......

And the union says they found out on Aug.27th,why wasn't we the membership told then instead of a month later....

I'm not always one to defend our local but in all fairness, I think the letter that was put out stated only that the 8 foot box retooling was a rumor and said nothing about the single cab. So far there has been no announcement of the 8 foot box, just rumor. I think it is standard policy to not announce anything to the membership until it is 100% guaranteed and in writing. They may have heard about the possibility of the retooling in August but until all the T's are crossed and i's are dotted they are not going to announce it. If they did and the company changes their mind then they end up looking like idiots.

I am hearing that we will get a extra week off after Christmas vacation for the retooling..

Rough Road jobs in sourced only 2 years late, those jobs where suppose to come back with the ratification of the 2007 contract.

Better late than never i guess.

"Rumor" has been that in the near future the 8ft box will only be available on the Super Duty F-series but time will tell.

Good news either way.

I'm not always one to defend our local but in all fairness, I think the letter that was put out stated only that the 8 foot box retooling was a rumor and said nothing about the single cab. So far there has been no announcement of the 8 foot box, just rumor. I think it is standard policy to not announce anything to the membership until it is 100% guaranteed and in writing. They may have heard about the possibility of the retooling in August but until all the T's are crossed and i's are dotted they are not going to announce it. If they did and the company changes their mind then they end up looking like idiots.

I am hearing that we will get a extra week off after Christmas vacation for the retooling..

That is what they said at the meeting Sunday. Something about 7 days to retool but I am willing to bet we get at least 2 extra weeks off. Heck I may go to New York for Christmas and see my family.

whats this 'ROUGH ROAD"? our pay cut thats coming, or some sort of product?

Rough Road is out back where they take the trucks out. There is a little stretch of road with hills, and chewed up cement and what not where they test for rattles and such...

I have heard that we are taking the regular cab because we can also fit the 8 foot box with those.

It's about time the fitness center is going to open.

Again something that was included with the 2007 contract that the UAW and Company where to have had discussions on this very topic within 90 days after ratification of the 2007 contract.

Outcome good , but once again something that should have been handled regardless the outcome almost two years ago.

This one also scares me into wondering what was given up to secure this, the company had been dead set against this and all of a sudden they agree to reopening the facility.

So who is footing the million dollars a year to operate the fitness center ?

A million a year for the fitness center! That must be the gold standard of corporate fitness centers. What are the facilities and equipment?

That I could not tell you that figure is based off what has been said almost monthly at Local 600 General Council meetings as delegates where updated at each meeting concerning the status of the fitness center.