Poor color choices

01TaurusDuratec

How many shades of beige do we need? Dune Pearl, Light Sage and Creme Brulee (are you kidding me?). Then you've got three shades of black/grey: Black, Alloy and Pewter. Yawn. Next we have love-it-or-hate-it Blazing Copper, which Ford seems to offer only because Nissan has it for the Murano. Next up is Dark Amethyst, aka Purple. Purple looks good on a '70 Dodge Challenger and not much else. That leaves just one good color for the Edge, Redfire.

What ever happened to French Blue and Forest Green? Or any blue or green for that matter. And give us some interior colors besides beige, grey and black! Anybody watch the Barrett-Jackson auction? Lots of those cars have red, blue or green interiors and they are beautiful!

:boring:

How many shades of beige do we need? Dune Pearl, Light Sage and Creme Brulee (are you kidding me?). Then you've got three shades of black/grey: Black, Alloy and Pewter. Yawn. Next we have love-it-or-hate-it Blazing Copper, which Ford seems to offer only because Nissan has it for the Murano. Next up is Dark Amethyst, aka Purple. Purple looks good on a '70 Dodge Challenger and not much else. That leaves just one good color for the Edge, Redfire.

What ever happened to French Blue and Forest Green? Or any blue or green for that matter. And give us some interior colors besides beige, grey and black! Anybody watch the Barrett-Jackson auction? Lots of those cars have red, blue or green interiors and they are beautiful!

I could"t agree more

As I wrote back in September, the color choices are the worst choices of colors I have ever seen! The lady in charge of colors, said in a newspaper article, that these colors were chosen because of the popularity of spices in food. Is she nuts?

She asks in the atrticle,"what peolple can't relate to food?" Well the answer to that question is PEOPLE WHO LIKE BLUE!

It's hard to believe that such an important vehicle would have such lousy colors. The color pallete is like watching a black and white movie. Blazing Copper is used in all promo materials, because, it's the only one that looks any good but I am sick of looking at it! This vehicle should turn heads when it drives down the street. How about Electric Blue, Teal Metallic, Metallic Yellow, or Lime Green Metallic?

The Dark Amethyst may be a novelty to Ford folks, but I parked next to a ten year old Dodge Stratus the other day at Seven Eleven that had a similar shade of it.

The entire pallette already need to get changed. Put me in charge of paint selection for a day, and I'll make it right! I promise!

:boring:

I could"t agree more

As I wrote back in September, the color choices are the worst choices of colors I have ever seen! The lady in charge of colors, said in a newspaper article, that these colors were chosen because of the popularity of spices in food. Is she nuts?

She asks in the atrticle,"what peolple can't relate to food?" Well the answer to that question is PEOPLE WHO LIKE BLUE!

It's hard to believe that such an important vehicle would have such lousy colors. The color pallete is like watching a black and white movie. Blazing Copper is used in all promo materials, because, it's the only one that looks any good but I am sick of looking at it! This vehicle should turn heads when it drives down the street. How about Electric Blue, Teal Metallic, Metallic Yellow, or Lime Green Metallic?

The Dark Amethyst may be a novelty to Ford folks, but I parked next to a ten year old Dodge Stratus the other day at Seven Eleven that had a similar shade of it.

The entire pallette already need to get changed. Put me in charge of paint selection for a day, and I'll make it right! I promise!

I've been researching the Edge and a close relative the Mazda CX-9 and I think that the Mazda is what we'll be buying. Improved drivetrain, better style, more features, and a better (yet still traditional) color choice: White, Red, Blue, Black Cherry, two Grays, and two shades of Black . They should be here soon.

As the individual responsible for ordering vehicles for a CT Ford dealership, one of the hardest decisions to make is what colors to order. The Edge is unfortunately not the only Ford vehicle with poor color choices. The Light Sage is just terrible and the Blazing Copper is a novelty color that will appeal to a select few. As for the Creme Brulee, I much prefer it over Dune Pearl or anything else in the beige or tan family that Ford has offered in recent years. The Dark Amethyst looks OK but I'd much rather see a nice blue paint available.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a tough time figuring out what color to order as well. My favorite Ford colors I have had on past Explorers that I wish were available on the Edge include; medium wedgewood blue, mineral gray, dark stone, and dark cherry.

I ordered an Edge in Carbon but then later took delivery of a Creme Brulee SEL Plus with all the bells and whistles from dealer stock and now really like the color after some initial trepidation. I live in Northern Illinois and decided the Carbon would be tough to keep looking decent in the winters; my 2005 Eddie Bauer Explorer in dark stone has been a chore to keep looking clean between weekly washes. I've have several folks come up to me and ask about the color and tell me that they like it. With all the snow around these parts, it is immediately obvious it isn't white and it isn't quite tan. With the dark panorama roof and chrome wheels it's pretty striking. All that said I would have taken mineral gray or medium wedgewood blue in a heartbeat if they had been offered.