2007 Detroit Autoshow Photo Gallery

To view my annual Auto show photo orgy, follow the link below.

http://www.mikekukielka.com/gallery/v/Detroit+Autoshow+2007/

The site is searchable so if you are looking for the Focus, 500, etc...just type it in the search box.

Also, these are NOT the full-res versions, but you can see the best uploaded res by clicking on "Full Size" link after you open the thumbnail.

Sorry about the rotation issue with some of them, I'm still working on it. You can imagine how long it took just to name them!

Enjoy!

Jeez, could you have spent a little MORE time at the GM booth. This IS the BON, not the GM one.

I'm not sure what you mean because the largest percentage of the pictures are of the Ford display, not GM. Search "Ford" and you'll see the a boatload of Ford pics. I encourage everybody to look up the 500, I thought the car looked MUCH better in person. It has a very snazzy new color that looks great under the lighting at the show. The interior still could use some help, but it's a little better this year.

THe Malibu is also incredible, definitely one of the surprises of the show for me.

I'm not sure what you mean because the largest percentage of the pictures are of the Ford display, not GM. Search "Ford" and you'll see the a boatload of Ford pics. I encourage everybody to look up the 500, I thought the car looked MUCH better in person. It has a very snazzy new color that looks great under the lighting at the show. The interior still could use some help, but it's a little better this year.

THe Malibu is also incredible, definitely one of the surprises of the show for me.

After looking at your pictures I noticed that you didn't have pictures of the 4door '08 Focus, or the '08 Five-hundred that were on the show floor? Did those get removed as well? -- I read in the paper the Jaguar concept did, that was a spectacular car.

The Malibu is a very nice car, except from the back end, i think the program ran out of money or something back there.

I looked everywhere for the 4-door Focus and couldn't find it on the floor. Same with the 500. They did have the 2007 Focus and 500 on the floor. I don't think the 4-door was unveiled at Detroit, but they did release publicity photos.

I did take some great pictures of the Focus, mostly to illustrate just how ugly it is ;). Both the Focus and 500 must have been the most ignored cars at the show.

I don't understand why they kept the Escape locked up but the Tribute and Mariner were open. The Mariner actually had its dash illuminated and the ice blue is very sharp.

Edited by BORG

I looked everywhere for the 4-door Focus and couldn't find it on the floor. Same with the 500. They did have the 2007 Focus and 500 on the floor. I don't think the 4-door was unveiled at Detroit, but they did release publicity photos.

I did take some great pictures of the Focus, mostly to illustrate just how ugly it is ;). Both the Focus and 500 must have been the most ignored cars at the show.

I don't understand why they kept the Escape locked up but the Tribute and Mariner were open. The Mariner actually had its dash illuminated and the ice blue is very sharp.

I was there on Wed for the supplier day, a '08 4 door Focus on display on the floor (right across from the super duty) as well as a '08 Five hundred on the floor, you could get into the 500 but not the Focus. They must have removed them as well, you know I didn't think the Focus looked that bad for what else is on the market at that price point.

The Supplier day is a great day to see what the competition thinks is the next great car, The Edge, Malibu, new DCX Vans, and Tundra were swamped with people looking under it and going over every detail (some of it is funny when you hear someone going on for 3 min on the headliner material) some like the CX-9 and Veracruz had a few people going over it. And others like Nissan and Scion were largely ignored.

Edited by jasonj80

I was there on Wed for the supplier day, a '08 4 door Focus on display on the floor (right across from the super duty) as well as a '08 Five hundred on the floor, you could get into the 500 but not the Focus. They must have removed them as well, you know I didn't think the Focus looked that bad for what else is on the market at that price point.

The Supplier day is a great day to see what the competition thinks is the next great car, The Edge, Malibu, new DCX Vans, and Tundra were swamped with people looking under it and going over every detail (some of it is funny when you hear someone going on for 3 min on the headliner material) some like the CX-9 and Veracruz had a few people going over it. And others like Nissan and Scion were largely ignored.

Yes, they were removed because there was a giant empty chasm between the Focus and the Super Duty turntables.

The Focus design really gets to me, nice detailing but careless execution. It reminds me of the original Saturn school of design, get one team to do the front, another to do the back, and another to do the side. Too much disharmony for me. I have no idea what they were trying to achieve here, but it's design execution at its most haphazard.

Edited by BORG

Oh yeah, BTW I should of added Thank you for the pics I enjoyed looking at them.

A lot of the newer cars seem to look better in regular pictures like the Malibu and the Focus(Both I have trashed completely) than they did in press photos.

Good pics! Thanks for sharing.

I've noticed over the past few years that NAIAS has become weaker and weaker though. With the age of the Internet, there's really not much surprise left anymore by the time people see what's at the autoshows that a lot of automakers are using different mediums to introduce new vehicles and concepts. The utter lack of concepts from all automakers at this year's NAIAS is pretty disappointing.

After some candid shots of the Focus and Five Hundred, they do look a LITTLE better. Why do Ford's press photos always suck? Aside from a good batch of really good pictures when the '05 Mustang was released, everything else has been kinda cruddy.

I agree with Nick about the lack of "excitement" due to the internet coverage. I travelled up to detroit from atlanta every year for 6 years straight until last year....just did not have that desire to see the same old stuff...."oh look, there is the new 2007 grand marquis....wow new color!!"

And thanks for sharing the pics. How many batteries and memory cards did you go through? That is a hell of a lot of pics.

I agree with Nick about the lack of "excitement" due to the internet coverage. I travelled up to detroit from atlanta every year for 6 years straight until last year....just did not have that desire to see the same old stuff...."oh look, there is the new 2007 grand marquis....wow new color!!"

And thanks for sharing the pics. How many batteries and memory cards did you go through? That is a hell of a lot of pics.

I use a Digital SLR camera so it barely uses battery power. I have 2 1GB Memory cards which gets me through about 1 day at the show. I also bring a video camera so I have about 1 hour worth of video. I usually try to capture the spokes-people when they speak about the cars.

I NEVER get bored by the show, although this year was the first time I noticed that there are fewer concepts and new car introductions saved for Detroit. Things are spreading out more across the Autoshow season. Still, there many major introductions and this is the first time I get to physically see many of these concepts and introductions. The displays are always exciting and GM had a new one this year, although it still doesn't compare to Ford's.

The displays have gotten much easier to get around in. They really improved crowd flow by opening up the floor and crowding it less with free-standing structures. I like that much better than the elaborate two-story displays which have a nasty habit of bottle-necking people around certain cars so you can't see anything.

Thanks for the pic's BORG, very good quality.

What did you think of the Interceptor? No insult meant to your pictures but the Interceptor looks worse in the pictures you posted than the ones Ford put out. Sure hope it looks better in person. The hood is pretty cool though, I didn't know the center section of the hood was mounted to the engine like that until I saw your pic's.

Thanks for the pic's BORG, very good quality.

What did you think of the Interceptor? No insult meant to your pictures but the Interceptor looks worse in the pictures you posted than the ones Ford put out. Sure hope it looks better in person. The hood is pretty cool though, I didn't know the center section of the hood was mounted to the engine like that until I saw your pic's.

I thought the car looked brilliant, but it's impossible to see the interior because the doors don't swing out very far. The level of detail and craftsmanship is exemplary. Unfortunately, you realize there is nothing about the concept that could translate to the real-world. IT would look like a 500 if they did ;)