'08 Mustang order guide

jmart0124

I'm trying to decide if I should wait to order a Mustang. Can anyone tell me when the '08 order guides will be out? I've heard something about a Bullitt, a Mustang Sally V6 and a Boss coming out. I've also read that the GT/CS will still be around with different color options but no one was really sure about any of it.

generally speaking usually September...However knowing Ford's love for badging low production Niche models as next years models, if they do decide to release said Bullitt etc that could be mid -year as the BRAND NEW 08 Bullitt/ boss/ Mach etc etc etc, kind of annoying when customers come in and ask for next years models in January!!!!! I lay the blame at the Ford Marketing guru's....

Edited by Deanh

I believe the order banks for 2008 Mustangs open up around late March, early April (I'll have to check on this). So the order guide should be out sometime within the next month or 2. The Bullitt will be a Job #2 build, not available till January 2008. Don't worry about the Boss. That isn't coming out till at least 2009. As fot the GT/CS, the rumor is that there will be some sort special badging for the California Special, since it is the 40th anniversary of the package. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
I believe the order banks for 2008 Mustangs open up around late March, early April (I'll have to check on this). So the order guide should be out sometime within the next month or 2. The Bullitt will be a Job #2 build, not available till January 2008. Don't worry about the Boss. That isn't coming out till at least 2009. As fot the GT/CS, the rumor is that there will be some sort special badging for the California Special, since it is the 40th anniversary of the package. Hope this helps.

If the order banks open up late March when will the first 08 Mustangs driving on our streets? I'm just curious how long it usually takes until they really get sold.

2008 Mustang Order Bank, Scheduling & Production Dates

2008 MY Order Bank Opens 04/16/2007

2008 MY Scheduling Begins 05/17/2007

2008 MY Job #1 Date 06/25/2007

The Order Guides are usually released about the same time that the Order Bank opens. I have a meeting tomorrow morning with my new Ford Zone Manager and will find out if she knows anything yet about changes for the 2008 Mustang.

I had a meeting yesterday with our new Ford Zone Manager but she's new to the Sales Division (moved over from Ford Parts & Service) and knows very little about the product line yet. She's supposed to check with her boss and get back to me but I doubt I'll hear anything back before the official 2008 Mustang Order Guide is released.

I had a meeting yesterday with our new Ford Zone Manager but she's new to the Sales Division (moved over from Ford Parts & Service) and knows very little about the product line yet. She's supposed to check with her boss and get back to me but I doubt I'll hear anything back before the official 2008 Mustang Order Guide is released.

How do you like training the new sales rep? This is an entry level position for Ford Motor Company and most reps do not know anything about the product and most don't even drive a Ford for a personal vehicle. Also have noticed that the position is filled based upon other reasons unbeknown and it appears that no reguard or understanding of the importance of wholesale and support to the dealers?

How do you like training the new sales rep? This is an entry level position for Ford Motor Company and most reps do not know anything about the product and most don't even drive a Ford for a personal vehicle. Also have noticed that the position is filled based upon other reasons unbeknown and it appears that no reguard or understanding of the importance of wholesale and support to the dealers?

As the person responsible for ordering all new vehicle inventory for the past 20 years I wish that I could provide some reliable advance information on changes for the 2008 Mustang. I talked to management at the New York Regional Office yesterday about expediting the scheduling of Retail Orders on other vehicle lines for other customers. While I had them on the phone, I specifically asked if they could tell me anything about changes for the 2008 Mustang. The official response was that there are no changes for 2008. I had trouble not laughing at their response as at a minimum there are always paint changes, let alone minor option changes, etc. So evidently, the Ford New York Regional Office refuses to provide its dealers with any advance information prior to the 2008 Mustang Order Guide being published.