STAP reached the 800?

My alternate union rep told us today that the March layoff was cancelled, and that Ford has called all of the junior members that signed for a buyout, asking them to reconsider.

No the guy from labour relations and a commitee man came down and seen a person that wanted to go .They told her that anyone that wanted to go could go. If they needed more people they would get them from Windsor.

I was told that the March Layoff has been cancelled...anyone else told the same thing?

Also, I heard that they have reached the goal they needed in buyouts to avoid any lay-offs - again - anyone else told the same thing?

Was told today by my REP, the numbers were around 710 for retirees and around 48 for STEP buyouts. Was also told that they do not expect any layoffs, but if there are they are not indefinate and any layoffs would be called back by the fall.

Now I really love hearing the news you guys got today about the buyouts being reached different somewhat from what I heard. But it seems to me every REP or employee has a different story from what someone else knows. I will now stop being polite! The Union and company needs to get off they're ass and send out a memo so every Ford employee knows what's the f****k is going on!

The workers need to know where they stand! pretty f***ing" sad we all have to come here to find out what's going on!

All I wish is that everyone keeps they're job and who wants to go can go. :sos:

Now come on. You all know communication is neither the companies' or unions' strong point. Us common folk will be informed when the local news reports it or when both parties are damn well ready. :banghead:

the last 3 posters are all very sad,sad, sad. Did I see any of you at the last union meeting?

FYI union meeting in FEBRUARY your plant chairman will be. Will you 3 sad puppies be there?

the last 3 posters are all very sad,sad, sad. Did I see any of you at the last union meeting?

FYI union meeting in FEBRUARY your plant chairman will be. Will you 3 sad puppies be there?

LMAO...so you knew these answers from the last meeting?I was there and if you think these were answered I'm guessing you weren't.So you are saying Whitey knows WTF is happening?Ya right....take a stab at the 3 posters when you don't know wtf YOU are talking about.To the other posters I think we are all hearing thesame rumors and job loss seems to be very limited which is great for our newer members.Other then that I don't think you are going to get any info until everything shakes out after 1 shift is implemented.Wait and see as usual....

Just because I want some answers does not make me sad, sad, sad. Nor does it mean I have no faith in Whitey (which I'm sure you will accuse me of next) because that just isn't the truth. It just means I'm tired of hearing something different every day. I really don't see your problem with that.

P.S. I'll make sure to check in with you next meeting.

Oh, and thanks GuyfromSTAP.

Edited by Charged92

So you think that the only way to communicate such important information is to expect over 2000 members to attend every Union meeting? I believe the real purpose of Union meetings relates more to the general functioning of Union leadership, representation and committees. Perhaps a discussion on how to keep the rank and file accurately informed would be appropriate at the Union meeting.

I believe that Ford Motor Company also has a responsibility to keep their employees informed.

justnthrmushroom only stated the truth.

You all know communication is neither the companies' or unions' strong point.
They've proven that statement true time and again. Edited by Hangin' In

Anyone know what happened in body yesterday? Did B shift run last night?

BTW.. I agree the info coming from both the Company and Union leave something to be desired. This hole bidding process has alot of people asking questions and getting different answers depending on who you ask.

Just because I want some answers does not make me sad, sad, sad. Nor does it mean I have no faith in Whitey (which I'm sure you will accuse me of next) because that just isn't the truth. It just means I'm tired of hearing something different every day. I really don't see your problem with that.

P.S. I'll make sure to check in with you next meeting.

Oh, and thanks GuyfromSTAP.

Lets see if I got this right ,Ford issues a lay-off notice to 906 employees. Then clams up and no more information is forthcoming. And it is the union leaderships fault? If you attended the last meeting you were told that the company has no answers to any of Whitey's questions about future product, or the shake out of this lay-off mess. So being proactive the 1520 leadership through the reps tells the membership what little info it has been able to extract from I.R(example the 756 members signed up for retirement and if you were a junior member signed for the VSTEP, thinking you would be layed off indifinitly to reconcider because the layoffs will be limited)

Now the union leadership is taking a major role in coordinating the bid process to prevent the company from totally making a mess of the massive amount of job changes to come. After all if you want something done right you need to do it yourself. So if you want answers go talk to Mike Chute I am sure you will come away with very little. About as much as you know now. (I look forward to your responce and the company bashing to follow)

Now what saddens me is the bashing our reps and leadership takes when the company clams up. Due to the fly by the seat of your pants management style. And it is our reps fault for not knowing what the company does'nt know.

Are you aware that in another section of this forum there is a section to ask the management questions try that

good luck

P.S. there is a union in-plant meeting Monday and I am positive you will not read about it here because the leadership will inform the membership at the February meeting and not on this whinning forum.

Any complaints about the March lay off week being cancalled?

I know the company isn't giving the leadership the answers they want, when have they ever! The leadership is giving what little info they have been given to the reps who in turn give the same info to the floor, but it differs from rep to rep (as has been stated here by more than just myself) that's all I'm saying. When your right on the bubble of staying or going like I am a difference of ten people means work or no work. I'm not blaming or bashing the leadership or the reps for this mess that Ford in their infinite wisdom has created (although my rep leaves a lot to be desired) All I'm looking for is an accurate number that everyone agrees on and that's it.

For the record if the March layoff is cancelled, that would be great by me, I'm there to work and get payed.

Let's go back a few months when the buyouts were just rumour. I attended the union meeting that month

looking for more info. on the buyouts. I got lots of info about the environment, donations, womans issues, and an assortment of other commitee related babble. Our plant chairman spoke for about 2 mins. saying there will

be lots of rumours flying around in January and not to listen. Surely a union meeting would be the proper forum

to inform members about buyouts but nothing was said. The next morning at work my rep. informed me that the buyouts were true and they are telling people to go sign up.

Why weren't we told at the union meeting?

Did the union not know?

If the union didn't know the day before, then all I can say is WOW!!!

"Now the union leadership is taking a major role in coordinating the bid process to prevent the company from totally making a mess of the massive amount of job changes to come"

WOW...have you been to the bidding stations?You think that isn't messed up?My lord...how many jobs are in each posting for instance?You have no idea do you because the posting say nothing of the sort.So here we have everybody bidding on every job because people don't know how many jobs there are or just how far off they are from getting the posted job.Yes a great system has been set up.4 bidding stations for how many people?No line up at all to get a machine?LMAO...I just got back from going out there on Friday and still stood in line a half hour to get a machine.Boy I'm glad the union is controlling that so it doesn't turn into a mess.I'm hoping to gawd that you are in the union because there isn't many brainwashed line workers such as yourself running the floors. :hysterical:

"Now the union leadership is taking a major role in coordinating the bid process to prevent the company from totally making a mess of the massive amount of job changes to come"

WOW...have you been to the bidding stations?You think that isn't messed up?My lord...how many jobs are in each posting for instance?You have no idea do you because the posting say nothing of the sort.So here we have everybody bidding on every job because people don't know how many jobs there are or just how far off they are from getting the posted job.Yes a great system has been set up.4 bidding stations for how many people?No line up at all to get a machine?LMAO...I just got back from going out there on Friday and still stood in line a half hour to get a machine.Boy I'm glad the union is controlling that so it doesn't turn into a mess.I'm hoping to gawd that you are in the union because there isn't many brainwashed line workers such as yourself running the floors. :hysterical:

The job bid computer programe is being added to the computer system in some of the supervisor's office on the shop floor. . - Why?

Answer because the 4 bidding stations were not intended for the mass flood of bids so the committee reps pushed to help the line workers by adding to the availability -. Thanks - by the way it was not the company's idea to install the program on the shop floor, it was our reps.

No # for openings on the postings? ?

How many are leaving ?

How many will change thier minds instead of retiring?

Hard to post for a number 3 months out when the # has yet to be determined

How about some common sense, e.g. 8 years at the plant and bidding on plant services jobs tieing up the machines.

A rep has been asigned to help with the posting process. Will it take a bit of time? yes it will .

Well I could of sworn myself and everyone else pays $75.00 a month for union dues. I go to work and seldom need the union to do anything for me. What I do expect is that the information that the reps are saying is the same as another rep.

One memo handed out around the plant saying the current numbers and maybe what could be expected. That"s all I want. Why the hell should I have to go to a meeting when I go to work where myself and everyone else can get the info by way of union and company info. Has the company been limited in informing the union what's going on hell yes, I can see that.

The job bid computer programe is being added to the computer system in some of the supervisor's office on the shop floor. . - Why?

Answer because the 4 bidding stations were not intended for the mass flood of bids so the committee reps pushed to help the line workers by adding to the availability -. Thanks - by the way it was not the company's idea to install the program on the shop floor, it was our reps.

No # for openings on the postings? ?

How many are leaving ?

How many will change thier minds instead of retiring?

Hard to post for a number 3 months out when the # has yet to be determined

How about some common sense, e.g. 8 years at the plant and bidding on plant services jobs tieing up the machines.

A rep has been asigned to help with the posting process. Will it take a bit of time? yes it will .

So you don't think it's screwy?Adding to formens computers after jobs are ending at midnight tonight...good idea.Obviously the rep's should of had some forethought in the lack of bidding machines but they didn't and still jobs close tonight when I'm sure there are many that never had a chance to bid.Why do you expect junior members not to bid?They don't know how many jobs are in each posting so they bid on everything.That's common sense.No one knows how much senority it is going to take to get which jobs so why bad mouth the juniors using their right to bid.Heck why do all of us with more senior time bid on everything also...because we have no idea on number of jobs.There has to be a better way of getting jobs dispersed then the mess that is on the board right now.If you are saying they won't know numbers till April I'm guessing these jobs shouldn't be given till then either but I know that's incorrect.The people getting these jobs will have their jobs posted that they are doing now before 1 shift I'd imagine.So what you say doesn't make sense...just for interest sake do you hold some kind of union position?I'd be interested why your opinion is so different from most others but if you were part of the union that would explain it.

Why not set up the next round of bidding so that we can access it through our home computers rather than waiting in line at work?

I have 8 years and deserve the right to bid, when I saw that people with master numbers in the 800's where bidding I walked away.

:hysterical: You want to be able to bid from home? Hell next thing you will want is to be able to do your job from home.

The current jobs on the board will not be filled by anyone with 8 years seniority so why worry about them? Those have always been high seniority jobs. 8 years would never have touched a job like that before, so you expect you can bid successfully now? Hell 25 years would not touch any of those jobs in the past.

Quit whining, without the many sernior members who took the buyout you would be out of a job in April. You should be thanking everyone who is leaving, many who are leaving without full pension.

It amazes me how some people with less than 10 years seniority expect everything to be handed to them on a god damn platter. I hear it constantly "I do not have to do that job, I do not have to do this job" :blah: Then we work a 4 day week and the same person takes a day off. :doh:

Wait your turn when it comes to bidding. You might be able to get a utility job if you are lucky!

:hysterical: You want to be able to bid from home? Hell next thing you will want is to be able to do your job from home.

The current jobs on the board will not be filled by anyone with 8 years seniority so why worry about them? Those have always been high seniority jobs. 8 years would never have touched a job like that before, so you expect you can bid successfully now? Hell 25 years would not touch any of those jobs in the past.

Quit whining, without the many sernior members who took the buyout you would be out of a job in April. You should be thanking everyone who is leaving, many who are leaving without full pension.

It amazes me how some people with less than 10 years seniority expect everything to be handed to them on a god damn platter. I hear it constantly "I do not have to do that job, I do not have to do this job" :blah: Then we work a 4 day week and the same person takes a day off. :doh:

Wait your turn when it comes to bidding. You might be able to get a utility job if you are lucky!

can't disagree with the Golfer though golf does spoil a good walk.

just hope I don't slip in the snivel juice on my way out May 1

That's a very good point there. I'll have 18 years in May, and I didn't bother with the new job postings. Maybe on the 2nd round, or if/when relief jobs are up again, THEN I'll take a look. :blink: