10 Greenest Cars!

The city rating of only 27mpg placed the scoring of the Focus 3 points behind those three vehicles. More information is available at the ACEEE website.

I cannot think of a single person who includes any of this sort of information in their purchasing decisions.

The environmental wackos all buy hybirds - no one else really cares.

What!?!? Ford is doing poorly in a segment that they have paid little but lip service to - choosing to feast at the truck and SUV trough instead (Even their damn hybrid had to be an SUV)? And "the Japs", who have been working from a home market with 100% oil imports and $6.00/gallon gas for years, have come out ahead? Oh the injustice! Who could've seen that one coming!?! I'm shocked - shocked!

CasablancaRenaultRick_thumb.jpg

"The city rating of only 27mpg placed the scoring of the Focus 3 points behind those three vehicles. More information is available at the ACEEE website."

Well, "Green" is about fuel economy and pollution. The Focus might not get the "greenest" mileage, but the PZEV engine pollutes less and is therefore "greener" in that department, which in smog-areas like LA, might be more important. Compared to the cost of hybrids, and re-cycling large battery packs, the Focus, using a green E-85, is a cost-effective way to go, now and in its recycled future..

"The city rating of only 27mpg placed the scoring of the Focus 3 points behind those three vehicles. More information is available at the ACEEE website."

Well, "Green" is about fuel economy and pollution. The Focus might not get the "greenest" mileage, but the PZEV engine pollutes less and is therefore "greener" in that department, which in smog-areas like LA, might be more important. Compared to the cost of hybrids, and re-cycling large battery packs, the Focus, using a green E-85, is a cost-effective way to go, now and in its recycled future..

E85 aint green...and as per above, and fomoco has all but abandoned 'green' deliberately.

The Escape missed it by one point...

Greener choices

These vehicles didn't make the Top 12 in ACEEE's list, but they came close. If you're looking for something besides a small or midsize car but you still want to minimize your vehicle's environmental impact, consider one of these.

Small SUV

Ford Escape Hybrid

Green score: 43

What!?!? Ford is doing poorly in a segment that they have paid little but lip service to - choosing to feast at the truck and SUV trough instead (Even their damn hybrid had to be an SUV)? And "the Japs", who have been working from a home market with 100% oil imports and $6.00/gallon gas for years, have come out ahead? Oh the injustice! Who could've seen that one coming!?! I'm shocked - shocked!

CasablancaRenaultRick_thumb.jpg

Retro-Man, This looks like the begining of a beautiful friendship.

0%

Is this mullaly or a product development/mid-management issue?

http://carscarscars.blogs.com/index/2007/0..._see_its_e.html

The Focus could get better MPG.

From what I understand, the Toy Corolla does get better MPG.

But if I understand correctly the Focus runs much cleaner than the Corolla.

People always and only look at the MPG. Makes sense as I would rather save money.

But Cleaner is Cleaner and I think the Focus beats many in that area.

Peace and Blessings

---------

I am sure there is global warming. And global cooling. Possibly it just depends upon what century one is in???