You can't beat a Ford when you want to drive through something

There has been a rash of accidents like the above which have spurred enough attention from lawmakers to do something about it. One of them, a 70+ lady drove into a school lunchroom and killed an 8 year old boy and hurt a dozen others. The kids mother is currently seeking to change laws that would require yearly exams for people70 and over. Granted, the AARP will probably counter-attack but in reality, these accidents are becoming more frequent.

BTW, the GM is the best selling full-size car in FL.

Also, its times like this which makes me think,..."hmmm, do we really want grand-ma to have a 4.6L 3V 300HP+ V8 in her G-M?"....

... currently seeking to change laws that would require yearly exams for people70 and over. Granted, the AARP will probably counter-attack but in reality, these accidents are becoming more frequent.

Allow me to point out, that a doctors certificate would be cheaper and more accurate than any "exam".

But, of course, as we all know this has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with employing politicians friends...

I might ask the obvious question; which is more prevalent on our roads? Drivers incapacitated by drugs/ booze/ road rage... or old age?

Riiigghht! And we pick on the geriatric set because...???

"I might ask the obvious question; which is more prevalent on our roads? Drivers incapacitated by drugs/ booze/ road rage... or old age?"

All are prevelant on our roads, and none deserve any less attention from the other. It is a known fact and problem as the others, so measures to better handle it need to be made.

Mercury Grand Marquis the Official Car of Florida

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/bro...la-news-broward

The elderly need to learn to TURN IN their licenses on their own. Also, their family members need to get them to turn them in or there needs to be a process to turn them in.

We don't let kids under 16 drive. So I don't know why we let kids over 90 drive. Somewhere around 82 to 83 they should have to start being able to pass a mild stress and reflex test. Does not have to be real tough, but come on.

Many good elderly drivers. But many that should hang up their keys and turn in their license as my 80 year old neighbor finally did before he had an accident. Too much of a pride thing. Admittedly their families do not live in town with them so much these days. But in many cases there are shuttles, churches, and other groups that help out in getting people around. There is also Taxis.

At minimum, people over 80 should be required to carry at a minimum a $250k ins. policy for 'others'. The last thing I want is to see the guy in CA that killed 12 people or so have the attitude that he had and then have a $50k policy on top of that...

Peace and Blessings