Fusion Quality?

jasik

:doh:

Yesterday I picked up my rental vehicle, a new Ford Fusion, at an airport rental agency. I quickly found that the directional signals and wiper motor were not working. I returned to the agency and asked for a replacement car. I was given a Chrysler 300M. Is this an example of the Way Forward?

:shades: It's hard for me to understand how you could "break" the directional signals and wiper motor action. This Fusion was a relatively new vehicle. The 4 way signal worked, as did everything else I had a chance to check out at night. This sounds like an electrical problem. Maybe there was a chafed wire that shorted out this subsystem. At any rate I would expect the car to be more robust to customer usage.

:shades: It's hard for me to understand how you could "break" the directional signals and wiper motor action. This Fusion was a relatively new vehicle. The 4 way signal worked, as did everything else I had a chance to check out at night. This sounds like an electrical problem. Maybe there was a chafed wire that shorted out this subsystem.

I'm not sure either.

One time I bottomed out the car hard and I lost the use of my front lights until I turned off the car, let it sit for a while and then restarted it. That one was strange.

When you say directional signals, do you mean the interior singals that tell you have your turn signals on -- or do you mean the lights themselves don't work?

no issues wtih my fusion, august and 7k.. nothing.. my directionals work great! and wipers did a good job on the rain last night.. iam happy!

oh ya, just for pioneer, i love my taco maker in the front dash area, its great for them long trips.

Edited by MGallun

I'm not sure either.

One time I bottomed out the car hard and I lost the use of my front lights until I turned off the car, let it sit for a while and then restarted it. That one was strange.

When you say directional signals, do you mean the interior singals that tell you have your turn signals on -- or do you mean the lights themselves don't work?

I meant the left and right turn signals.

I love how someone can take one vehicle of completely unknown maintenance history and attempt to parley its one defect into "a shocking example of how Ford has screwed up the quality of its most important vehicle launch". GASP! SHUDDER!

This rental car was a quite a new car. I didn't make a note of the mileage, but it seemed very clean and new. It did not appear to be banged up or have heavy or even moderate use.

:shades: It's hard for me to understand how you could "break" the directional signals and wiper motor action. This Fusion was a relatively new vehicle. The 4 way signal worked, as did everything else I had a chance to check out at night. This sounds like an electrical problem. Maybe there was a chafed wire that shorted out this subsystem. At any rate I would expect the car to be more robust to customer usage.

Its simple, since people are only going to have it a day or 2, they abuse the ever loving ^%$@ out of the car. They think a rental is a license to abuse. You are paying for transportation...point A to B and thats it, not quality.