Anybody else starting to wish Mi was Right to Work?

Hellcat_F6F

This bullshit about the UAW, our wonderful Union, closing the fitness centers and cancelling programs because they are LOSING MONEY has really burned my ass. Hello, UAW....you don't produce any product..if you're losing money, then close that Black Lake bullshit and sell it..stop sending people on expensive junkets to Las Vegas or wherever. Your place is IN THE PLANTS, doing what you were ELECTED TO DO. Not pampering yourselves like you're some kind of labor royalty.

By the time the '07 contracts are done, I'm betting that it will be as if we didn't have any union anyway. Yeah, I'm pissed..is anyone else?

By the time the '07 contracts are done, I'm betting that it will be as if we didn't have any union anyway. Yeah, I'm pissed..is anyone else?

Considering it recently came out that Toyota workers make more than UAW workers, and Ford workers can expect huge concessions with the '07 contract, I think the union is going to become more of a joke than it already is.

Considering it recently came out that Toyota workers make more than UAW workers, and Ford workers can expect huge concessions with the '07 contract, I think the union is going to become more of a joke than it already is.

Yes. We are giving up concessions for NOTHING. We get COA's with chickenshit work rules, loss of classifications, and gestapo attendance policies (Arbeit Macht Frei), and get jack shit but promises of more to come in return. But the union dues keep flowing.

Yes. We are giving up concessions for NOTHING. We get COA's with chickenshit work rules, loss of classifications, and gestapo attendance policies (Arbeit Macht Frei), and get jack shit but promises of more to come in return. But the union dues keep flowing.

And the funny thing about it is that we are paying them $56.65 a month to give up concessions. Sweet isn't it.

Yeah you ain't seen NOTHING yet!!! Wait till the good ole union starts dealing all your benefits and wages away this next contract, and screwing the retires, so they can save their own assess, their family's asses, and their buddy's asses. Yeah it should be a good show in Sept.

This bullshit about the UAW, our wonderful Union, closing the fitness centers and cancelling programs because they are LOSING MONEY has really burned my ass. Hello, UAW....you don't produce any product..if you're losing money, then close that Black Lake bullshit and sell it..stop sending people on expensive junkets to Las Vegas or wherever. Your place is IN THE PLANTS, doing what you were ELECTED TO DO. Not pampering yourselves like you're some kind of labor royalty.

Why don't they shut down Legal Services? That would save a lot of money. It was never intended to last this long.Well they won't shut it down, because there are too many union coordinators that are sucking up the money benefits, etc. from UAW Legal Services. And they never talk about shuting it down. Ever!

I wish sometimes that I had a job at Toyota. They have exciting lines and they will reward those who do well by coming to work and being mindful of there livelyhood and not bringing there home life to there career that sustains there very well being. Just a thought.

I wish sometimes that I had a job at Toyota. They have exciting lines and they will reward those who do well by coming to work and being mindful of there livelyhood and not bringing there home life to there career that sustains there very well being. Just a thought.

Sure quote him. But you both fail to recall the report where Toyota reported reducing its workers pay to be more in line with a given plants region. GIVE BACK! :hysterical:

Plus the fact that Toyota has the highest on the job injuries vs. the american 2.

Why don't they shut down Legal Services? That would save a lot of money. It was never intended to last this long.Well they won't shut it down, because there are too many union coordinators that are sucking up the money benefits, etc. from UAW Legal Services. And they never talk about shuting it down. Ever!

The UAW does not want the legal services to go away. These legal services benefits the UAW more than it does the members, the UAW owns the lawyers we use which ensures less lawsuits against the UAW.

There is a false sense of security being a union member for some but The UAW is on its way Out, but the die hard/kool aid drinking union people that will never admit it.

10 years ago the workers would not put up with not see union reps in the plant, but now days no one holds them accountable. There is no union representation present so why should anyone pay union dues. I am tired of paying the reps to be on vacation for me (representating me) as they say.

And the funny thing about it is that we are paying them $56.65 a month to give up concessions. Sweet isn't it.

If I'm gonna get screwed, I'd rather give the money to a hooker!! At least you get something for your money. We're just paying the UAW for anal sex. OUCH!

It's not perfect, but look at the quality of life the U.A.W. has provided for us. Compare your wages and benefits to the non-union jobs in your area. SCARY! The contract expires in September 2007, so why are you choosing now not to support your union? If a hurricane is coming and is going to wipe your home out, do you bad mouth your insurance and cancel it?

It's not perfect, but look at the quality of life the U.A.W. has provided for us. Compare your wages and benefits to the non-union jobs in your area. SCARY! The contract expires in September 2007, so why are you choosing now not to support your union? If a hurricane is coming and is going to wipe your home out, do you bad mouth your insurance and cancel it?

I would be careful about using the insurance analogy considering what has happened to the homeowners in the Gulf Coast Region.

Yes and now they are giving it away. Everything that our Brothers and Sisters have fought for over 30yrs,now our wounderful union is giving it all back!!!!!!!!~!! All I can say is Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FORD CREWCAB

I do not think anyone denies the benefits the former UAW did.

But TODAY's UAW is not performing or working for the membership. The members are not getting what they are paying for. Can't just blame international UAW, the local UAW reps are not doing there job. And voting them out does not work.

First off, what the hell does Black Lake or the fitness centers have to do with MI being a right-to-work state? NOTHING! Believe me, you dont want MI becoming a right-to-work state. By chance, do you even know what a right to work state is and how it was formed?

Right to work states are primarily in the south because of the high southern republican thought process. And yes, there was a racial motivation behind right-to-work. Minorities are more likely to join a Union than taditional whites, so, the primarily white republicans made their states right-to-work so the white workers wouldnt have to join a Union with a black person. Now, this isnt the reason they tell you why right-to-work was legislated, they official reason was to have a person choose to join or not to join a Union and not loose their job or have to pay Union dues for things other than bargaining, like political stuff.

I am in no way a thinker of the black man is always being kept down by whitey, but right-to-work legislation is primarily 90% racially motivated. All you have to do is look at NAP or AAP. They were both is right-to-work states and I would bet that 99% of the black workers were in the Union and 90% of the whites. Most who opt out of the Union in a right-to-work state know that they really have no say in their pay and benefits. The Union still has the say so because they represent the majority of the workers, therefore you cant go represent yourself and negotiate for yourself. The Union still has to defend you or file a grievance but they do have to arbitrate for you.

ive been bashing this piece of shit union for over a year on here, and all i got was bashing back......i.e. if you hate the uaw so bad then quit, why did you take a uaw job if you hate unions, all that bs. i totally agree on that black lake bullshit, and the cushy trips to vegas for "conventions". why the fuck are conventions in vegas? how many plants are there?? none. the uaw says the reason for going to vegas is because he hotels are union. BFD....have the conventions in indy, and they could go home every nite. if ive said it once, ive said it a million times................FUCK THE UAW

I said right to work because, and maybe I don't understand right to work completely, but I am thinking that in a right to work state, the union can exist, but it has to demonstrate it's worth to it's members..it isn't grandfathered in, with long "serving" appointees that the membership never voted for. I'm saying there should be transparency...not lavish spending on unnecessary things like Black Lake or junkets to Vegas...I'm not anti-union by any means, but the union needs to get it's priorities in order.

Yes and now they are giving it away. Everything that our Brothers and Sisters have fought for over 30yrs,now our wounderful union is giving it all back!!!!!!!!~!! All I can say is Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you expect? You are paid by Ford and they are almost broke? If you were in a leadership position, what would you do genious??? Plant money trees?

I am not backing the union but let's get real...

I must say this is truly a Great Topic..kinda like a boring clown... funny at first then not so funny... Lets pick on people who weren't even around 60years ago when it all started.. I guess I'd yell at my grandpa about it but he is dead and probably doesn't care

oh and by the way... if you're out of money regardless of who pays you thats just ignant,

you in fact need all the protection you can get!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish you had a job at Toyota as well. If :finger: you have a union card, just drop it off at your local and bolt. "You will not be missed"!