Mazda 2 gallery

Blueblood

Nice. I wasn't sure about the 2 when I saw the first picture of the green car. Looking through the gallery though, it's pretty nice. Put the 1.8L MZR in it and send it to us, ASAP!

I'm guessing that if it does come here, like the 6 hatch, 3 hatch, & 5, it will only be available with the "sport package" appearance package.

http://www.km77.com/00/mazda/2/gra/17.asp

The interior is quite nice considering the class & price.

http://www.km77.com/00/mazda/2/gra/30.asp

So, let's see the Mazda2 here in spring 2008. And then Ford should have enough sense to LEAVE IT ALONE, give it a three-bar grille & a blue oval on the steering wheel and produce it in Mexico. None of this based-on malarky that gave us the watered-down Mazda6 as the Fusion.

Scott

The Mazda 2 is a very nice looking car. It ressembles the Fit in a lot of ways (which is the best small car sold in the USA), but where the Fit goes for practicality, the Mazda2 goes for sporty. That's great because I know/hear from lots of people who would like a Fit, but can't get over the mini-minivan look and weak power. I doubt the Mazda2 would be much faster (if only to keep the fuel economy good), but it looks a hell of a lot better. If it comes together as well as the 3, it could be a segment leader.

Of course that doesnt mean it'll be a sales success, just the new bar for the segment - promising though.

The Mazda 2 is a very nice looking car. It ressembles the Fit in a lot of ways (which is the best small car sold in the USA), but where the Fit goes for practicality, the Mazda2 goes for sporty. That's great because I know/hear from lots of people who would like a Fit, but can't get over the mini-minivan look and weak power. I doubt the Mazda2 would be much faster (if only to keep the fuel economy good), but it looks a hell of a lot better. If it comes together as well as the 3, it could be a segment leader.

Of course that doesnt mean it'll be a sales success, just the new bar for the segment - promising though.

the Mazda2 is nice, but I would really like to see the Fiesta ST over here or even that widebody Fiesta RS concept.

the Mazda2 is nice, but I would really like to see the Fiesta ST over here or even that widebody Fiesta RS concept.

here is the problem .. you want the Fiesta ST/RS .. so do about 500 other enthusiasts .. but unless you find about 200k people every year that want a 100hp regular Fiesta with automatic tranny etc, there is no hope for sustained Fiesta here in US ...

that is what so many enthusiasts do not get .. they slobber all over there limited-production sport models, but do not think how the REGUALR bread and butter version fits in. Fit Yaris, Aveo, Accent and Rio are all barely here - they GROW, but for how long . this is not the first time Americans discovered sub-compacts, and mark my words - it will not be the last time. in 3 or so years, they get used to the new price of gas and forget about the small cars ...

Americans are weird IMO - Ford does need a B-car, but the business case is not as clear cut as some people think .. look how much Aveo has done for GM (hint: nothing). Sure Fit and Yaris effectively make Honda and Toyots look "eco friendly", "car friendly", "hip" "youth friendly" etc, but Aveo did no such thing for Chevy, and the Accent and Rio still remind consumers that Kia and Hyudai originated from extremely cheap cars. .... and none of the models is one penny profitable ... so the case is really not as clear.

Sorry I used your post to start off a mini rant, but I wanted to write this for a while.

Igor

agreed, pretty much the same as selling a Focus or base Ranger when all said and done, very little money is made if any, the rewards go to Ford for lowering their cafe and thus allowing them to produce and sell mor of their money makers aka Expeditions etc. That said....who is to say that if Ford could produce a great new baby car with "Character...foibles...ergonomic errors BUT loveable styling" that they could sell enough to perhaps warrant a perforrmance model WITH profitability...hold it...someone beat them to the gun...Mini. STILL a waiting list on the 'S" models AT window sticker....

It's OK but I really want the model as it is now:

http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/Mazda2/Gallery/ not sure how to link things.

I like the mini van look but don't want the extreme size, poor milage or crappy handling that is inherent with large vehicles. I like the Fit, but I don't like to fit's price, to get keyless entry your looking at 20,000 CND, before taxes, PDI, etc.. A 1.8 is pretty big for that vehicle, I would like to see a 1.4 MZR.

What I would really like to see is a C-Max with the 1.6 duratec Ti-VCT, that would be nice.

DRyanC

• 3 years later...