07 expy orders

03expy07

Hi all. I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone has heard of any delays in 07 expy productions due to parts shortages or something. I ordered an 07 EB, 4x4 6 weeks ago and when I called the dealer this week to find out a delivery date they said that it has just been "scheduled to be scheduled" The dealers only idea is that some part of my vehicle had been back ordered to have caused such a delay. I got my '03 in May of '02 after just four weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all. I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone has heard of any delays in 07 expy productions due to parts shortages or something. I ordered an 07 EB, 4x4 6 weeks ago and when I called the dealer this week to find out a delivery date they said that it has just been "scheduled to be scheduled" The dealers only idea is that some part of my vehicle had been back ordered to have caused such a delay. I got my '03 in May of '02 after just four weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm kind of curious myself.. I just ordered one about a week ago.

If they take TOO long, they can keep it... this is my last chance w/ American vehicles.

Go Motor City, Yo!

A good friend of mine is a ford commercial dealer and he told me that there were shortages on certain parts one of them being steering wheels. Sounds kind of crazy but I've heard it from more than one source now

I'm kind of curious myself.. I just ordered one about a week ago.

If they take TOO long, they can keep it... this is my last chance w/ American vehicles.

Go Motor City, Yo!

We ordered our EB on Febuary 23 and according to the dealer they are scheduled to start builing today. They estimate 2 to 3 weeks from the build date for delivery to the dealership. I'm looking at MID April to play it safe. They originally said 6-8 weeks, so its about right. The dealership we ordered from has been very informative and called me ever step along the way. Hopfully there aren't any delays............we're so excited to get this puppy in and get it in our driveway!!!! This is our 1st Expedition, so we are chomping at the bit :)

Tell us how you chose to load it up ?

We ordered our EB on Febuary 23 and according to the dealer they are scheduled to start builing today. They estimate 2 to 3 weeks from the build date for delivery to the dealership. I'm looking at MID April to play it safe. They originally said 6-8 weeks, so its about right. The dealership we ordered from has been very informative and called me ever step along the way. Hopfully there aren't any delays............we're so excited to get this puppy in and get it in our driveway!!!! This is our 1st Expedition, so we are chomping at the bit :)

News to me on parts shortages. We've haven't had any early quits due to shortages. Me thinks a dealer is full of it. Have a VIN?

WXM69, IT TOOK SOME BEATING, :slap: BUT I FINALLY GOT THE VIN # OUT OF THE DEALER. My VIN # is 1FMFU18507LA78772. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU CAN FIND OUT

THANKS

So what options did you order, color etc

WILDCAT_1, I ORDERED AN EB, 4X4, DARK BLUE PEARL, 400A, 2ND ROW CAPT. CHAIRS, CONVENIENCE PKG, RUBBER FLOOR MATS, LUGG RACK, POWER LIFT GATE, CLIMATE CONTROLED SEATS. NOTHING TOO EXTRAVIGANT. THE DVD SYSTEM IS OVER PRICED AT $1500. AND I JUST BOUGHT A GARMIN NUVI 650 NAV SYSTEM THAT IS PORTABLE AND HAS BLUE TOOTH FOR MY WIFES PHONE AT HALF THE COST OF FORD'S DVD NAV SYSTEM. I HAD TO ORDER ONE BECAUSE I COULD NOT FIND AN EB WITH THESE FEATURES AND CAPTAINS CHAIRS. THERE ARE 6 FORD DEALERS WITHIN 20 MILES AND I ONLY FOUND 2 EB WITH 2ND ROW CAPTAINS CHAIRS AND BOTH WERE 4X2.

Tell us how you chose to load it up ?

We ordered an EB 4X4 in Redfire Metallic and camel interior. Options were 18" wheels, 2nd row captains chairs, NAV with Sirius, power lift gate, heated and cooled seats, convience package, luggage rack, chrome exhaust. We will probably get the Dual headrest DVD at some point soon. Since we have a 2 year old that enjoys watching videos and a 3 month old that will eventuallly want to watch her own. I thought about not getting the NAV as well and just purchasing a portable GPS, but I like the clean look of the Factory DVD and no extra wires to fuss with. Plus I'm a gadget freak :)

For those who will buy an after market Ipod, GPS or simply want a place to mount a cell phone, I found a cool mounting device on ebay that would have been an option for GPS, but I still may get it for cell phone mounting.

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KUDA-CELL-P...emZ160096880911

it looks really nice!

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up mine today - Built to my specs, 4 miles on the odometer.

:)

I didn't wait long, that's for sure. Hope the incentives don't change tomorrow.

Is this the one you ordered? Or just one they had on the lot? So we need pictures!!! :shades: Congrats on your Expy!!! I wonder what the new incentives will be???

Is this the one you ordered? Or just one they had on the lot? So we need pictures!!! :shades: Congrats on your Expy!!! I wonder what the new incentives will be???

Yup! Thanks!! That's the one I ordered. I'll post some pictures in the next day or so. The interior ended up being a little lighter than what I wanted but it's not TOO light either.

I have to add a small reply. Not a SUV person, but this new Expedition catches my eye. It may be the nicest new style to me from Ford in a very long time. Add in the now proven 5.4 latest generation engine and what may work out to be a good 6-speed tranny - well, it looks to me like a nice package.

Good luck to all you new owners and keep us posted as to how you like your new ride.

Yup! Thanks!! That's the one I ordered. I'll post some pictures in the next day or so. The interior ended up being a little lighter than what I wanted but it's not TOO light either.

Cool! That was FAST!!! Enjoy, its one awesome SUV... Cant wait for some pics...

Cool! That was FAST!!! Enjoy, its one awesome SUV... Cant wait for some pics...

Yup, it appears to be pretty solid. I've had a 98, 2000 & a 2003. I've always loved Expy's and have driven them all over the country. Almost fell off a mountain in Utah in my 2k3... BARELY made it through the sand. 4 low, to the floor -- but it made it! We were pulling a 16ft trailer with three ATV's on it.

I just need to resize the pics then I'll upload them. :)

post-26670-1175316660_thumb.jpg

So, what kind of radio setup will you be installing in the Expy? I used to have a Magnum S6 driving an Xforce 400HD, with one of those cottonpickin' Predator 10k's on my pickup. Also had a Browning MkIII driving a Maverick 250 at home....CB scene got pretty dead around here though.

Edit..I looked at more of your pics...I had one of those S45's..solid 40w, no tuning, great, loud clear audio...great radio. Also, I still have my 40 ft Rohn tower up, may get another base radio. Thinking about getting one of those Connex 4300-300 jobs for the truck. I'm RF392.

Edited by Hellcat_F6F

So, what kind of radio setup will you be installing in the Expy? I used to have a Magnum S6 driving an Xforce 400HD, with one of those cottonpickin' Predator 10k's on my pickup. Also had a Browning MkIII driving a Maverick 250 at home....CB scene got pretty dead around here though.

Edit..I looked at more of your pics...I had one of those S45's..solid 40w, no tuning, great, loud clear audio...great radio. Also, I still have my 40 ft Rohn tower up, may get another base radio. Thinking about getting one of those Connex 4300-300 jobs for the truck. I'm RF392.

Just a little 4 watt radio in the Expy. I'll post pics when installed. ;)

I haven't even taken that S45 out of the box. I got it with a bunch of other stuff from an estate sale. Glad to hear it sounds good.

I prefer Galaxy radios myself.

Just a little 4 watt radio in the Expy. I'll post pics when installed. ;)

I haven't even taken that S45 out of the box. I got it with a bunch of other stuff from an estate sale. Glad to hear it sounds good.

I prefer Galaxy radios myself.

One thing about the S45...it's a great radio, but it's not the best for the mobile. They pick up damn near everything..alternator whine, fuel pump, wipers..very noisy. I've never used a Galaxy radio..mainly Magnums and a couple hopped up Cobra 29's. I hear the 95T2 is a nice rig.