Brakes Already

bowtiebigblock

6,500 miles of primarily Interstate driving (70 miles one way to office) and had to take my new MKX to the dealer because of the racket the brakes were making. All 4 rotors needed turning. My previous 4 cars (vette, LS, 2 Infinitis) never needed brake attention. What's up with that?

Rotors get turned because they're not true, not because they make noise. That's just the dealer's way of getting rid of you and making some easy warranty money. Next time try making a few hard stops and see if that gets rid of the squealing (if that's the noise they were making).

6,500 miles of primarily Interstate driving (70 miles one way to office) and had to take my new MKX to the dealer because of the racket the brakes were making. All 4 rotors needed turning. My previous 4 cars (vette, LS, 2 Infinitis) never needed brake attention. What's up with that?

What's your VIN? I'd be interested in pulling your OASIS and see the repair order. It would be very unusual to have to turn all 4 rotors, especially for noise, unless pads were worn to the point they were scoring the rotor. Warping, yes. Noise, no. Did they change the pads too?

look in the glove box, there's a list of excuses in there from this plant.......your car was probably one that was built during the launch and if you read this forum you'll see that their expectations were very low during this time....they have a long history of poor quality performance......

Don't mind what Napfirst has to say.

Look at his life:

1. Lost his job (forced into "early retirement"), sounds like one of the best moves Ford's made in years.
  2. He's lost his wife, he says to illness, but in reality has either:
    • Ran away with a man, or
    • Ran away with a woman, or
    • Just plain ran away, or
    • Couldn't run away and killed herself.

[*]Now is gearing up to fulfull his lifelong dream to be a WalMart greater at a Norfolk shopping center near you, and because of this

[*]Is resorting to being a troll out of jealousy.

Any donations to help NAPFirst's plight can be forwarded to his new charity, call 1-800-CRY-BABY, all donations will be used to buy some tissues.

baby20crying.jpg

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Ssssh, brain sleeping.

Don't mind what Napfirst has to say.

Look at his life:

1. Lost his job (forced into "early retirement"), sounds like one of the best moves Ford's made in years.
  2. He's lost his wife, he says to illness, but in reality has either:
    • Ran away with a man, or
    • Ran away with a woman, or
    • Just plain ran away, or
    • Couldn't run away and killed herself.

[*]Now is gearing up to fulfull his lifelong dream to be a WalMart greater at a Norfolk shopping center near you, and because of this

[*]Is resorting to being a troll out of jealousy.

Any donations to help NAPFirst's plight can be forwarded to his new charity, call 1-800-CRY-BABY, all donations will be used to buy some tissues.

baby20crying.jpg

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. Winston Churchill

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. Winston Churchill

how was asking for VIN to check the service writeup an excuse?!?!?!

I would love to have someone check all my service write-ups so I know I am not being lubed up from behind ... OAC_Spary offered real help, and the OP ignored it ... making it seem VERY likely he was jus a troll trying to stir shit up with a made up story .. if he comes back wit a VIN and it all checks out, and he really does need new brakes and etc etc .. I will gladly apologize .. but from the writeup, I agree you do not turn rotors for brake noise, and it does sound he is being lied to.

Igor

look at the list of cars he used to own.

anyone think maybe he was standing on the brakes with both feet? Abuse will definitely cause some early death.

But if what he says is true, all interstate and going easy, the noise is probably from metal on metal contact of new brakes. I bet the brakes aren't even broken in yet.

anyone think maybe he was standing on the brakes with both feet? Abuse will definitely cause some early death.

But if what he says is true, all interstate and going easy, the noise is probably from metal on metal contact of new brakes. I bet the brakes aren't even broken in yet.

Looks like he's in a downward financial spiral. :titanic:

Or how about this....his brakes are defective! Why attact the customer?? Listen to them.....and we wonder why we are losing customers to Toyota, Honda and Nissan...it's amazing to me the extend that you will go to deny any responsibility for the quality of the vehicles coming out of this plant. Be a man, standup and say, we could have screwed that up!

Or how about this....his brakes are defective! Why attact the customer?? Listen to them.....and we wonder why we are losing customers to Toyota, Honda and Nissan...it's amazing to me the extend that you will go to deny any responsibility for the quality of the vehicles coming out of this plant. Be a man, standup and say, we could have screwed that up!

Or how about this - its a bogus story.... he hasnt been on in almost a week since posting this, nor provided a VIN to track the case and have any proof that he isnt lying. Its what we call in the message board community a "drive-by posting" - usually its spam, but sometimes its discrediting info without any basis. In fact the only things i can think are that its a load of crap or the brakes failed and he crashed - therefore couldnt come back. I am certain we'd hear through the media if the brakes had failed!!!

Please also dont think that Toyota, Honda or Nissan listen intently to their customers, i have had plenty of complaints against them all (particularly Nissan) and not one thing was done about those issues. They might deal with the general populace well, and go with the majority of the herd, or they might do the same as they have done with me in the past.....

Edited by sim

Or how about this....his brakes are defective! Why attact the customer??

Read my post:

What's your VIN? I'd be interested in pulling your OASIS and see the repair order. It would be very unusual to have to turn all 4 rotors, especially for noise, unless pads were worn to the point they were scoring the rotor. Warping, yes. Noise, no. Did they change the pads too?

Nowhere in there was an attack.

It was a request for information.

I have been working on cars and changing brakes for over 25 years now; on my own cars, my friend's cars and my family's cars, and the cars of a few other people that just plain wanted to pay me to do it.

Not once have I EVER had to turn ALL FOUR rotors FOR NOISE. Ever. Warping? Yes. But even then you can tell with a dial test indicator what ones have the warp or runout on. The only other reason to turn all four would be because the pads were worn down to the point where they were scoring the rotors. Highly unlikely at 6500 miles unless he had one foot on the brake and one on the gas the whole time.

So when someone with ONE post comes on and makes an entirely implausible claim, I'm going to question it. I didn't even officially call "bullshit", I asked for the VIN, waited 3 days, then asked for the VIN again. Still no response.

So.....what do YOU think?

Or how about this - its a bogus story.... he hasnt been on in almost a week since posting this, nor provided a VIN to track the case and have any proof that he isnt lying. Its what we call in the message board community a "drive-by posting" - usually its spam, but sometimes its discrediting info without any basis. In fact the only things i can think are that its a load of crap or the brakes failed and he crashed - therefore couldnt come back. I am certain we'd hear through the media if the brakes had failed!!!

Please also dont think that Toyota, Honda or Nissan listen intently to their customers, i have had plenty of complaints against them all (particularly Nissan) and not one thing was done about those issues. They might deal with the general populace well, and go with the majority of the herd, or they might do the same as they have done with me in the past.....

ok, take Nissan out of the mix....then tell me between Toyota, Honda and Us, who is making money? ever thought about why the big difference? Tell me!

ok, take Nissan out of the mix....then tell me between Toyota, Honda and Us, who is making money? ever thought about why the big difference? Tell me!

maybe because they dont make cars in Norfolk where the workforce are whiney dog fuckers.

maybe because they dont make cars in Norfolk where the workforce are whiney dog fuckers.

we only built the highest quality vehicles in the company...car or truck....and true we are closing, I'll say it for you...and no, no one can explain why they would close the best and keep a plant like your open.....

Edited by napfirst

we only built the highest quality vehicles in the company...car or truck....and true we are closing, I'll say it for you...and no, no one can explain why they would close the best and keep a plant like your open.....

obviously your plant isn't as good as you think.

WOW!! You folks are really tough on a guy. I am not a Ford flamer, I have been on vacation since shortly after I posted with no access to e-mail, to keep the better half off my AZZ. I have forwarded OAC Sparky my VIN and a detailed write up on my problem, for follow up. I love the car but am concerned about needing all 4 rotors turned so soon. As you can tell by my other cars I had choices, and I chose Ford and I'm glad I did. The only reason I joined this forum was to track the progress of Ford's launch, not to spy or mole or flame. Some of you need to take a chill pill!!