DTP attendance policy question

Milan Chick

I heard a rumor at my work yesterday and I was just wondering if one of you could clear it up for me. I heard that DTP you can not take a day off for a sick day. I heard that you have to be off a minimum of 3 days for it to be covered. Here at Milan, if we are not feeling well, we go to the doctor, get a note and we are covered for work. But I heard this isn't the case at DTP. I don't know if it's true or if its even legal. I have never heard of such a thing.

I heard a rumor at my work yesterday and I was just wondering if one of you could clear it up for me. I heard that DTP you can not take a day off for a sick day. I heard that you have to be off a minimum of 3 days for it to be covered. Here at Milan, if we are not feeling well, we go to the doctor, get a note and we are covered for work. But I heard this isn't the case at DTP. I don't know if it's true or if its even legal. I have never heard of such a thing.

Decide to lay out and come back with a doctor's note-A-WOL...come to work and go home through medical-A-WOL....each day your out-A-WOL....they have a tuff policy here at DTP, not sure how the medical works, I think you have to be out for at least 3 days.

O.K. Here is the answer. WSP has the same strict policy, thanks to our bargaining committee, I presume. If you know you will be abscent tomorrow, call the Attendance Tracking System number at LEAST two hours before the start of your shift and follow the prompts. Write down the confirmation number. Call your committeeperson at the beginning of the shift and let them know that you called the Attendance Tracking System, yada, yada, yada. At WSP you will be covered as long as youy have time coming. If you make it to work great, nobody will be any the wiser. Weekends do not count, trust me, I know from experience. BUT! You ask. What if my kids sick in the morning etc. and I had no idea two hours ahead of time that I would be abscent? SIMPLE! But a pain in the rear. Call EVERY SINGLE NIGHT before you go to bed! Follow the rules, play the game, cover your ass, PERIOD. Now with that said, I have to log off and call the Attendance Tracking System, JUST IN CASE.

I think you would have to take three or more days of FMLA, if you don't want to receive an AWOL, I think FMLA is the only way you will be covered.

Must call in at least 15 minutes before your shift starts.

Thanks so much for posting this for me and everyone else who wants to know. I am not sure what plant I will be going to yet, but getting use to all the new rules will take some adjusting. I guess I never felt priveldged until now.

heres the reality, I had the flu starting Tue., I went to work on wed getting worse. Iwent to work full blown on Thur. I asked for Fri day off and was lucky to get a calender day covered. Bottom line, I hope the work force got a wiff of the flu and it hits management hard. What a bunch of ass holes. By the way, I have only one aowl on my record and was forced to take that one because my son had the flu. VOTE them ALL OUT!!! :whipped:

Thanks so much for posting this for me and everyone else who wants to know. I am not sure what plant I will be going to yet, but getting use to all the new rules will take some adjusting. I guess I never felt priveldged until now.

No all the plants are not like this and yes you are privileged. If you have time on the books, you can get paid for taking sick days, but I think it's still an awol, if you have any disciplinary listed on your record, management can refuse to pay you for the day off, if you are transferring to DTP, be sure to ask questions about the attendance policy, because it might be very different from the policy your plant have in place.

Never heard of such a attendance policy. In powertrain, nothing like that. Call in, have time you get a Eday. No time but sick and see Doctor, covered. It should be no other way. Just courious, (the 10 awols and your fired) is that for the year then starts over for the next?

Decide to lay out and come back with a doctor's note-A-WOL...come to work and go home through medical-A-WOL....each day your out-A-WOL....they have a tuff policy here at DTP, not sure how the medical works, I think you have to be out for at least 3 days.

You know why it's like that?? 3 letters U A W!!! The union protected pieces of shit while they took advantage of the sick and medical go home policy and it was abused to death!!!. So they had to implement a new and stricter policy and now everyone has to suffer because the union wouldn't let the company fire the abusers. Way to go UAW!!

heres the reality, I had the flu starting Tue., I went to work on wed getting worse. Iwent to work full blown on Thur. I asked for Fri day off and was lucky to get a calender day covered. Bottom line, I hope the work force got a wiff of the flu and it hits management hard. What a bunch of ass holes. By the way, I have only one aowl on my record and was forced to take that one because my son had the flu. VOTE them ALL OUT!!! :whipped:

Stop throwing that p :censored: y all over the place and you wouldn't get sick! :hysterical:

Let me get this straight..if you're sick, and go to the doctor, you're still awol. If you miss work for any reason at all, except if you requested it beforehand and got it approved, you're awol....if your child is sick, you're awol..the only way you can use personal time is if you request it beforehand..and you people voted for that shit?? How many people get fired per day at DTP?? Do they awol you if a family member dies?

You don't get any time off until the 5th AWOL. AWOL's stay on record for at least 18 months. What is this world coming to when the company you work for wants you to show up and earn your money :stirpot:

If you don't miss a lot of work you don't have to worry....If you do than your s.o.l.

Ok, that sounds like the policy we have at MTP. I was worried..not because I'm a hibitual AWOL'er; I show up and work hard, and I'm trying, by working out, stretching and other means, to avoid going to medical because of my back/hip problem..I know what they'll do if they find out that I have what I think I have, but because I do have a toddler at home, and little kids get sick, and they do things that can get them hurt. If I have an emergency to deal with, I hope I don't get AWOL'd over it. Which reminds me....how does DTP handle emergency phone calls? Like, say the sitter calls me and says my little girl is sick, running a fever, and I need to come get her? Will I get a leaving the plant without pernission for that?

Oh yeah, do you have any info as to whether the 18 month bump freeze is still going to be in effect?

Ok, that sounds like the policy we have at MTP. I was worried..not because I'm a hibitual AWOL'er; I show up and work hard, and I'm trying, by working out, stretching and other means, to avoid going to medical because of my back/hip problem..I know what they'll do if they find out that I have what I think I have, but because I do have a toddler at home, and little kids get sick, and they do things that can get them hurt. If I have an emergency to deal with, I hope I don't get AWOL'd over it. Which reminds me....how does DTP handle emergency phone calls? Like, say the sitter calls me and says my little girl is sick, running a fever, and I need to come get her? Will I get a leaving the plant without pernission for that?

Oh yeah, do you have any info as to whether the 18 month bump freeze is still going to be in effect?

Emergency phone calls go through plant security( I believe) and the super will let you know. From what I have heard (and seen) it's a quick response time.

There will be one bump in August now, Then an 18 month freeze.