Plant Closings

CSMJ

After reading the leaflet today it appears Brookpark is closing, at least 2 maybe all 3 plants.

It appears Lima put a bid in for the entire 3.5L V6, I hope they get it instead of it going to mexico.

What letter were you reading? I received the same leaflet tonight on affternoon shift. It did not say anything even near what you are saying. What was said is this. Plant 1 may be idled for several months until they really ramp up the orders for the 3.5. Plant 2 is doing well with the fusion and escape engines and the Casting plant is waiting for a go ahead on the M.A.C.T. project. Nothing was said about closing or Lima getting a bid on all the 3.5 engines. All some people do on this site is start more bullshit rumors. Nothing you said is true. Maybe you need a course in simple reading interpretation.

What details were in the leaflet? I assume the foundry was one of the plants that you have mentioned is closing. Was this official at all or speculation?

Obviously this is a sad day if the news is true.

No it wasn't official at all though obviously quite ominous. Essentianally ( the union local plant leaflet ) it said that Fields was going to make a decision in the next couple of weeks regarding the MACT project, that it didn't look good because it is $31 Million over budget, that without the MACT project The Foundry is surely slated for closure and that local state and federal govt offials as well as The International were involved to do whatever they can to save the site.

As for Plant 1 , it acknowledged but neither confirmed or denied the prevailing rumor that it is going to be idled for 18 months with Lima building all of the new D35 engines until volumes increase and they can no longer handle the demand.

As for Plant 2 it said that the power improvement program is a go and on track and schedules remain strong. However it is my understanding from what I have been told by management personel, that at that time , (2008) the afternoon shift will be eliminated, the line spead increased considerably and Plant 2 will run only one shift. For some reason, on it's own the new powered up Duratec will be more labor intensive to build, and they'll need a lot more people per area to build it. especially with the line speed increase. But you can be sure the sum total will NOT be what the combined two shifts are now so....it's got to be Hasta La Vista to a lot of people. Now since our favorite dumping ground in Cleveland for low seniority is The Foundry......are ya following us here....do you feel our pain brother? And if the rumors on Plant 1 are true.....Cleveland is simply going to be DECIMATED . And the few jobs that are left in Plant 2 will surely be temporary, as it is not a flex Plant and the manpower increase to build the power improved Duratec will increase our Harbour hours....and thats going to make it a bitch to get any new work......circle the wagons Brothers and Sisters.

There are "State of The Plant" meetings scheduled for 24 April I believe...and a Union meeting this Sunday the 22nd. The Union also warned to prepare for a strike, that Ford was not and had not been bargaining in good faith, and that both the Local and the International were now prepared to draw a line in the sand. The union stated that we were the first to approve a new COA , well over a year ago, with promises made by the Company that now seemed like they may not be kept.

All in all.....there is very bad Ju Ju in the air in Cleveland Bwana. Believe me when I tell you that there are more than a few puckered up assholes here waiting for the axe to drop.

More to follow I'm sure......

No it wasn't official at all though obviously quite ominous. Essentianally ( the union local plant leaflet ) it said that Fields was going to make a decision in the next couple of weeks regarding the MACT project, that it didn't look good because it is $31 Million over budget, that without the MACT project The Foundry is surely slated for closure and that local state and federal govt offials as well as The International were involved to do whatever they can to save the site.

As for Plant 1 , it acknowledged but neither confirmed or denied the prevailing rumor that it is going to be idled for 18 months with Lima building all of the new D35 engines until volumes increase and they can no longer handle the demand.

As for Plant 2 it said that the power improvement program is a go and on track and schedules remain strong. However it is my understanding from what I have been told by management personel, that at that time , (2008) the afternoon shift will be eliminated, the line spead increased considerably and Plant 2 will run only one shift. For some reason, on it's own the new powered up Duratec will be more labor intensive to build, and they'll need a lot more people per area to build it. especially with the line speed increase. But you can be sure the sum total will NOT be what the combined two shifts are now so....it's got to be Hasta La Vista to a lot of people. Now since our favorite dumping ground in Cleveland for low seniority is The Foundry......are ya following us here....do you feel our pain brother? And if the rumors on Plant 1 are true.....Cleveland is simply going to be DECIMATED . And the few jobs that are left in Plant 2 will surely be temporary, as it is not a flex Plant and the manpower increase to build the power improved Duratec will increase our Harbour hours....and thats going to make it a bitch to get any new work......circle the wagons Brothers and Sisters.

There are "State of The Plant" meetings scheduled for 24 April I believe...and a Union meeting this Sunday the 22nd. The Union also warned to prepare for a strike, that Ford was not and had not been bargaining in good faith, and that both the Local and the International were now prepared to draw a line in the sand. The union stated that we were the first to approve a new COA , well over a year ago, with promises made by the Company that now seemed like they may not be kept.

All in all.....there is very bad Ju Ju in the air in Cleveland Bwana. Believe me when I tell you that there are more than a few puckered up assholes here waiting for the axe to drop.

More to follow I'm sure......

It said several months. How did you get 18 months out of several?

What letter were you reading? I received the same leaflet tonight on affternoon shift. It did not say anything even near what you are saying. What was said is this. Plant 1 may be idled for several months until they really ramp up the orders for the 3.5. Plant 2 is doing well with the fusion and escape engines and the Casting plant is waiting for a go ahead on the M.A.C.T. project. Nothing was said about closing or Lima getting a bid on all the 3.5 engines. All some people do on this site is start more bullshit rumors. Nothing you said is true. Maybe you need a course in simple reading interpretation.

I believe thats essentially what I said Gary. I suppose you're a glass is half full kind of guy and thats ok too. But CS is right on as well as it was quite an ominous outlook. I tried to go to the Local 1250 site to see if the leaflet had been posted yet so I could post the link and let everyone decide for themselves, but it hasn't been posted yet sorry.

Addressing your points in order....yes I said the prevailing rumor has Plant 1 being idled until volume increases IF they occur dictate it reopen. That rumor also states it will be for 18 months and the leaflet acknowleged it without specifying a time frame yet not denying the 18 months.

The Fusion and Escape are both getting old and will need a replacement soon....2009 as I recall for both or sooner...

And you left out the meat of The Foundry info...it IS $31 million over budget, Fields will make a decision in two weeks whether to go ahead with it or not, and it went so far as to say that the VP of powertrains believed it would NOT go forward , that it WOULD be cancelled and again that Fields will make that decision in two weeks. Now keep in mind that this is also AFTER Ford has informed the local union that it NO LONGER considered casting a "core" business. And no one debates that without the MACT project the Foundry is slated for closure. The local has flatly stated that.

So I gotta remain a glass is half empty kinda guy here....I don't think that CS overstated the seriousness of the situation at all though I would say it is not official yet....but it doesn't sound good.

Just this hillbillies opinion......see you on the picket line....... :happy feet:

It said several months. How did you get 18 months out of several?

Gary Gary Gary. I said that THE FUCKING PREVAILING RUMOR HAD PLANT 1 IDLED FOR 18 MONTHS and while the leaflet acknowleged the rumor of an idling ...it DID NOT DENY THE 18 MONTH RUMOR.

That is all I said. I beleive I portrayed the leaflet honestly....as I said I wish it were posted online already so I could post the link but its not.

Gary Gary Gary. I said that THE FUCKING PREVAILING RUMOR HAD PLANT 1 IDLED FOR 18 MONTHS and while the leaflet acknowleged the rumor of an idling ...it DID NOT DENY THE 18 MONTH RUMOR.

That is all I said. I beleive I portrayed the leaflet honestly....as I said I wish it were posted online already so I could post the link but its not.

goose,goose,goose, There never was any fucking prevailing 18 month rumor. There was an 8 month rumor and 2 months have passed already. You portrayed the leaflet honestly but you put your own exagerated words into it also.

goose,goose,goose, There never was any fucking prevailing 18 month rumor. There was an 8 month rumor and 2 months have passed already. You portrayed the leaflet honestly but you put your own exagerated words into it also.

Gary Gary Gary....I'm repeating the rumor I hear in Plant 2...and that is 18 months idling waiting for volume increases IF and When they occur.

The 8 month rumor to my knowledge has already be debunked because that was supposed to be for retooling for a new product...yet that makes no sense because Plant 1 is a Flex manufacturing facility and would supposedly not need 8 months to retool and is being catigorically denied by the Local from Building Chairmen on down.

Now someone will surely get online here and post how us two jokers are starting rumors.....but I guess thats the nature of the beast.

Anyway I didn't pull the 18 months out of my ass...it is the prevailing rumor whether valid or not flying around Plant 2 and as yet has not been denied by Union or Mgt.

My Supervisor told me yesterday that Lima had been "challenged" as she put it to go to a 3 shift operation and build ALL the new D35's until they cannot meet demand should it continue to increase at which time Plant 1 MIGHT be allowed to build the overflow.

Now I have a sneaking suspicion that Ford spells overflow M-E-X-I-C-O....but that IS only my opinion and I have NOT heard that as a rumor that is just me talking here. Time will tell I guess.

In other words...that is just this hillbillies opinion..... :happy feet:

Gary Gary Gary....I'm repeating the rumor I hear in Plant 2...and that is 18 months idling waiting for volume increases IF and When they occur.

The 8 month rumor to my knowledge has already be debunked because that was supposed to be for retooling for a new product...yet that makes no sense because Plant 1 is a Flex manufacturing facility and would supposedly not need 8 months to retool and is being catigorically denied by the Local from Building Chairmen on down.

Now someone will surely get online here and post how us two jokers are starting rumors.....but I guess thats the nature of the beast.

Anyway I didn't pull the 18 months out of my ass...it is the prevailing rumor whether valid or not flying around Plant 2 and as yet has not been denied by Union or Mgt.

My Supervisor told me yesterday that Lima had been "challenged" as she put it to go to a 3 shift operation and build ALL the new D35's until they cannot meet demand should it continue to increase at which time Plant 1 MIGHT be allowed to build the overflow.

Now I have a sneaking suspicion that Ford spells overflow M-E-X-I-C-O....but that IS only my opinion and I have NOT heard that as a rumor that is just me talking here. Time will tell I guess.

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

Last month @ our local 898 union meeting Mr. King had good things to say about Cleveland & Lima engine. I believe he said they fought hard with Company to keep things from going to Mexico.

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

Last month @ our local 898 union meeting Mr. King had good things to say about Cleveland & Lima engine. I believe he said they fought hard with Company to keep things from going to Mexico.

They always have good things to say.Even while they are sending your job to Mexico.

Re-tooling? I was working in Plant 1 until March. It has been retooled already. they were installing the D-35 equipment when we were on the line. I do not know how plant 2 came up with the 18 month rumor. When I was in Plant 1 it was always a 8 month rumor. Anyway, the way the Company is going, they probably will outsource all the D-35 to Mexico leaving Lima and Brookpark standing their with their thumbs up their ass.

Re-tooling? I was working in Plant 1 until March. It has been retooled already. they were installing the D-35 equipment when we were on the line. I do not know how plant 2 came up with the 18 month rumor. When I was in Plant 1 it was always a 8 month rumor. Anyway, the way the Company is going, they probably will outsource all the D-35 to Mexico leaving Lima and Brookpark standing their with their thumbs up their ass.

Yes well you know what they say my friend....rumors are like assholes...everybody has one...but seriously thats the one I keep hearing around Plant 2 for what it is worth. Bottom line here is none of us or anyone really has any idea what will happen to be sure...We also heard today that Plant 1 people who are all currently idled by the way( layoff? GEN? I have no idea which one ) and who were originally supposed to report back to work next week after being idled for the last month were called and told to stay home for another 2 weeks. Not exactly running at peak capacity ( Ford's stated objective mind you ) one might say. Read into those tea leaves what you will I guess. Glass half empty? Glass half full ? Pick it .

Also a separate team dedicated solely to Jaguar production of some 25 people is being selected by seniority and work record as I write this. They will man the Jag line and produce by themselves I believe the number is 60 engines per day. This will facilitate the return from Casting of the recently bumped 99 seniority people back to Plant 2.

As for the 8 month 18 month rumor gary...I think you misunderstood me forgive me please. Thats exactly what I said about the two separate rumors on an idling of Plant 1, that being the first one was the 8 month rumor for retooling with Lima being tasked to build all of the new D35's and Plant 1 being retooled for a new product. But of course that makes no sense as Plant 1 is a flex plant and wouldn't need 8 months for retooling. Said rumor obviously debunked.

Regarding the 18 months....that dealt with Ford deciding to have Lima build all current needs for the D35, and Plant 1 being idled until if and when volumes increased sufficiantly to dictate Cleveland builds the overflow.

If that doesn't happen then who knows what happens. Now to date....this rumor has not been put to rest. In fact a supervisor told me yesterday that Lima had been "challenged" supervisor's word not mine to go to a 3 shift operation and build all current needs on the D35 . The union flatly denies the 8 month rumor, and says nothing about the 18 month rumor or Lima building those D35's

This of course doesn't mean it's true...it doesn't mean it isn't. But it is out there for what it's worth.

And finally and most importantly.....

This is "Grey Goose" coordinator extraordinaire, and I approved this message :happy feet:

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

Thanks for the encouragement friend. We need ALL the positive feedback we can get.

Look for a leaflet later today or probably tommorrow stating the companies desire to idle Plant 1 until, if ever, it's needed, phasing out the foundry (without MACT, EPA starts fining Ford in April 2008), and eventual phase out of Plant 2 in the next 4 or 5 years. I'm not sure how they will sugarcoat this one but we need to draw a line. An article in The Plain Dealer a few weeks ago quoted Ford saying how Cleveland had not adopted a COA. I know I voted on it, so obviously Ford doesn't recognize our agreement.

If they announce the MACT will not be finished, we need to strike the site!!! Things look real bad and a strike probably won't make them any worse. It seems to me that the company is stockpiling 5.4 blocks, seeing TME is working production 7 days a week to meet increased demand that is/has not been reflecting in the sales figures. If they are getting ready for it, we need to get ready for it!!!

Currently, Plant 2 is very important to Ford as it is their only source for V-6 engines for the Escape, Fusion, Milan. I know there are 4 bangers available for those models but the V-6 is the predominant motor in at least the Escape. Mazda 6 also, I forgot that one!!

If Plant 1 is idled, it probably won't start back up. Ford will then depend on Lima as the sole 3.5 supplier. That will give Lima huge leverage with Ford. Don't expect that kind of power Lima will have to last. Ford would likely begin their contingency plan by setting up shop in Mexico for 3.5 production (if they havn't started already), I feel (my opinion), that they already have done this to the foundry by tooling Tupee, Brazil for when the Casting Plant goes down. Time will tell, but as a wise journeyman once told me, "It'll get worse before it gets better, mate."

Edited by jrod

Look for a leaflet later today or probably tommorrow stating the companies desire to idle Plant 1 until, if ever, it's needed, phasing out the foundry (without MACT, EPA starts fining Ford in April 2008), and eventual phase out of Plant 2 in the next 4 or 5 years. I'm not sure how they will sugarcoat this one but we need to draw a line. An article in The Plain Dealer a few weeks ago quoted Ford saying how Cleveland had not adopted a COA. I know I voted on it, so obviously Ford doesn't recognize our agreement.

If they announce the MACT will not be finished, we need to strike the site!!! Things look real bad and a strike probably won't make them any worse. It seems to me that the company is stockpiling 5.4 blocks, seeing TME is working production 7 days a week to meet increased demand that is/has not been reflecting in the sales figures. If they are getting ready for it, we need to get ready for it!!!

Currently, Plant 2 is very important to Ford as it is their only source for V-6 engines for the Escape, Fusion, Milan. I know there are 4 bangers available for those models but the V-6 is the predominant motor in at least the Escape. Mazda 6 also, I forgot that one!!

If Plant 1 is idled, it probably won't start back up. Ford will then depend on Lima as the sole 3.5 supplier. That will give Lima huge leverage with Ford. Don't expect that kind of power Lima will have to last. Ford would likely begin their contingency plan by setting up shop in Mexico for 3.5 production (if they havn't started already), I feel (my opinion), that they already have done this to the foundry by tooling Tupee, Brazil for when the Casting Plant goes down. Time will tell, but as a wise journeyman once told me, "It'll get worse before it gets better, mate."

I believe that the International had some issue with your COA and refused to acknowledge or accept the ratification of it. I could be wrong on this as this is just something I heard over at OHAP. I thought you guys had voted to ratifiy your COA. Good luck over there.

Yes well you know what they say my friend....rumors are like assholes...everybody has one...but seriously thats the one I keep hearing around Plant 2 for what it is worth. Bottom line here is none of us or anyone really has any idea what will happen to be sure...We also heard today that Plant 1 people who are all currently idled by the way( layoff? GEN? I have no idea which one ) and who were originally supposed to report back to work next week after being idled for the last month were called and told to stay home for another 2 weeks. Not exactly running at peak capacity ( Ford's stated objective mind you ) one might say. Read into those tea leaves what you will I guess. Glass half empty? Glass half full ? Pick it .

Also a separate team dedicated solely to Jaguar production of some 25 people is being selected by seniority and work record as I write this. They will man the Jag line and produce by themselves I believe the number is 60 engines per day. This will facilitate the return from Casting of the recently bumped 99 seniority people back to Plant 2.

As for the 8 month 18 month rumor gary...I think you misunderstood me forgive me please. Thats exactly what I said about the two separate rumors on an idling of Plant 1, that being the first one was the 8 month rumor for retooling with Lima being tasked to build all of the new D35's and Plant 1 being retooled for a new product. But of course that makes no sense as Plant 1 is a flex plant and wouldn't need 8 months for retooling. Said rumor obviously debunked.

Regarding the 18 months....that dealt with Ford deciding to have Lima build all current needs for the D35, and Plant 1 being idled until if and when volumes increased sufficiantly to dictate Cleveland builds the overflow.

If that doesn't happen then who knows what happens. Now to date....this rumor has not been put to rest. In fact a supervisor told me yesterday that Lima had been "challenged" supervisor's word not mine to go to a 3 shift operation and build all current needs on the D35 . The union flatly denies the 8 month rumor, and says nothing about the 18 month rumor or Lima building those D35's

This of course doesn't mean it's true...it doesn't mean it isn't. But it is out there for what it's worth.

And finally and most importantly.....

This is "Grey Goose" coordinator extraordinaire, and I approved this message :happy feet:

To put 3 shifts at Lima and idle plant 1 would definately be bargaining in bad faith with the COA we approved. Also, the city granted Ford tax abatements in return for maintaining a level of employment for Plant 1 running the line. I think the Company should focus on selling good cars and stop the bullshit of pitting one plant against the other. They are playing with our lives. This shit has to stop. They closed enough plants. they got rid of cleaners, cafeteria, payroll, security, nurses, fitness centers,etc. saying that they are strapped for cash. But they can shit out over 28 million for a CEO for 3 months worth of work. It dont matter if the rumor was 8 mos 18 mos or whatever. I think the rumors start from the top to instill fear in people. People say strike thats what the company wants. The truth is in todays global economy, a strike would cause the big three to lose further market share. And they do not need that. The morale at our plants is at an all time low. I wonder why. It seems like the big Companys philosophy now a days is "divide and conquer" Ford probably reads these post and says look, we got these assholes arguing amongst themselves. Now we get what we want!

Edited by gary112

I wouldn't count on any leaflet anytime soon explaining anything. I spoke with the Plant 2 Building Chairman at length today and his face was as long as I have ever seen it. Bottom line is he cannot and will not deny the Plant 1 18 month idling, nor can he or will he deny that the MACT project is dead and so the Foundry.

He says the State of Ohio has ALREADY offered up dollars to keep the MACT and Foundry open and viable but it still seems to not be enough. Bottom line is after meeting with Bob King and the International for the past several days....they don't know anything yet and for whats its worth I believe him.

Underscoring that...the "State of the Plant" meetings scheduled for 24 April have been cancelled because according to the union NO ONE knows anything and there would be nothing to report one way or the other.

The local has demanded then that the Company delay these meetings until they have something concrete to say.

Local says the membership deserves to be told the truth and there will be no "State of the Plant" until there is something substanstive to say either way.

I'm glad someone else read the Plain Dealer article as well as it was a real slap in the face to us with Ford not acknowledging Clevelands approval of a COA.

Its quite clear that the Company IS NOT AND HAS NOT BEEN BARGAINING IN GOOD FAITH !

As for The International having a problem with our COA thats news to me and I have never been told ANYTHING of the sort. Who knows if its true or not but we havn't been told anything about that in the rank and file.

I would look for the news to start being announced in 2 weeks . That is supposedly when Fields is supposed to make a decision ( that it seems he's already made ) on the Foundry and Cleveland as a whole.

Oh and by the way I quite agree...IF THE MACT IS CANCELLED AND THE REST OF THE SITE AFFECTED IN ANY WAY WE DO INDEED NEED TO STRIKE. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Not that we're special or better than any other site on the endangered list or already closed...but we bargained in good faith and made sacrifices in exchange FOR SPECIFIC PROMISES THAT ARE NOW NOT GOING TO BE KEPT.

If that's not worth striking over, shit then I don't know what is.

The Cleveland Site negotiated and agreed to a COA nearly a year ago.

Lima negotiated and agreed to a COA, also.

Bargaining "in good faith" requires that both sides live up to and fulfill the agreement.

Unfortunately, Lima has enacted their COA - outsourced cleaners, limited MP&L functions, Skilled trade work rules, etc.

Very little of the COA has been carried out in Cleveland, period.

So, the Plain Dealer article may have been FACTUALLY wrong about the lack of a COA in Cleveland, but it's true that it hasn't been implemented very well.

The Cleveland Site negotiated and agreed to a COA nearly a year ago.

Lima negotiated and agreed to a COA, also.

Bargaining "in good faith" requires that both sides live up to and fulfill the agreement.

Unfortunately, Lima has enacted their COA - outsourced cleaners, limited MP&L functions, Skilled trade work rules, etc.

Very little of the COA has been carried out in Cleveland, period.

So, the Plain Dealer article may have been FACTUALLY wrong about the lack of a COA in Cleveland, but it's true that it hasn't been implemented very well.

While it may be true that it hasn't been implimented very well....that lies at the feet of management and nowhere else.

In point of fact, cleaners for the most part have been eliminated,( I'm speaking Plant 2 here as I don't know whats gone on in Casting or Plant 1) as yet MANAGEMENT has not put in place any procedure whatsoever to replace them outsourced or not. Without direction and on our own time the people on the floor have taken it upon themselves to clean up.

Plant 2 has also begun the process of eliminating MP&L as well...along with truck drivers for the yard ( hooking and dropping trailers ) matinence workers yard and building, the elimination of amny work rules and God knows how many jobs eliminated with people retiring and not being replaced.

As I understood it the COA was contingent on getting NEW work....IF AND WHEN we got new products to build. Otherwise the current local contract was to remain in effect.

Hang on a second let me look around here....( <~~~looking around the site....still looking.....looking.....still looking.....still looking.....) I don't know me....gosh I don't see ANY NEW PRODUCTS THAT WE ARE ACTUALLY BUILDING IN CLEVELAND. Hell new work that we're ACTUALLY BUILDING promised here in Cleveland is harder to find than the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

So yeah good faith bargaining goes both ways my friend.....when does Ford do its part?

just this hillbillies opinion now..... :doh:

Union rep told me he would not be surprises if Ford closed the foundry the day the contract expires.

There telling us 12-18 months so everyone will come to work and also to limit the goofing off that will happen when they announce it.

Don't be surprised when ford adds 2 assembly plants and 3 part plants to the list on top of the 5 part and 2 ass. they have not announced yet. This will make it 9 ass. plants and 12 part plants, 21 total.

I couldn't agree more jrod. The shit is really gonna hit the fan here in Cleveland REAL SOON and I want AS MANY BROOKPARK UAW PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO REALIZE HOW SERIOUS THE SITUATION IS !

The Local has really been proactive at this site and has worked hard and bargained in good faith only to be spit on and double crossed.

Promises made are not now going to be kept and worse. The State has offered the $....the Local has offered the COA and a lower cost product than The Company can get elsewhere, yet for some reason, it's not enough.

I really don't know any other alternative than to strike at this point. You're quite correct, currently we have leverage here in Cleveland due to the Fushion , Milan et al....but we won't have that leverage for long and since according to the Local President The International supports us on this issue there may never be a more advantagious time for us to strike than NOW !

just this hillbillies opinion :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

Union man said today foundry closes 1st Q 09, plant 2 possibly 2010.

It is on the TV also, and the radio. Watch 19 news at 5 or 6 they had the commercial stating closing the Foundry and idleing another in the future. I see channel 8,3,5, and 19 at the union hall talking to union pres. at 4 o'clock.

The fat lady is getting ready too sing.

Union man said today foundry closes 1st Q 09, plant 2 possibly 2010.

It is on the TV also, and the radio. Watch 19 news at 5 or 6 they had the commercial stating closing the Foundry and idleing another in the future. I see channel 8,3,5, and 19 at the union hall talking to union pres. at 4 o'clock.

The fat lady is getting ready too sing.

The work is going to Mexico, Romeo,Windsor had better be prepared because they could be next.

You think there gonna ship the blocks to Mich. to be machined?? think again!!!!