Ford could do this for great customer loyalty

upstate

I have been involved in marketing all my life. This one is for Ford for free. Place a camera on the assembly line as the car is rolling off. The type you see at amusement parks on the roller coaster rides. As the car reaches a pre determined point it trips the camera and flashes a picture of the car coming off the line. You as the customer then can go to a web page and order the picture. This can be offered for a price. Since it is digital the cost is minimum for Ford and the customer can get the picture of there car that they can find by the last 8 of a vin number. After say 90 days they come off the site. The pictures purchased will provide the dollars to more than cover the cost of the camera and web page. Once this is rolling they could even add a few more cameras at different points along the assembly line and you could purchase a few pictures of the build. Dealers could even provide these as a perk to there customers. Since the cameras are fixed Ford can make sure they are pointed in a location that is not giving away and company secrets. This could be done for very little cost and would be appreciated by many customers. Maybe all lines would not have an interest but I know the Mustang line would. There you have it my gift to Ford. The company that has brought me pleasure over many years with great products.

This has been recommended many times before, plus a whole litany of other items. It always falls on deaf ears. If you are in marketing, you need to grasp one strongly held misconception that many board members embrace: they think the dealer is the customer.

Simple marketing stuff that the corner hot dog vendor gets right, are "not possible" for Ford. Of course, the corner hot dog vendor is also making more money than Ford right now too... If Ford sold hot-dogs, they would over price them, and then offer rebates on them when they are stale. You wouldn't be able to get just mustard and onions, you would have to buy condiment package A B or C and then select the delete option to remove the stuff you did not want (Mustang GT rear spoiler). If you wanted to order a hot-dog, you would never be able to find out when the hot dog would be delivered, or even confirm that the order had ever been placed unless you posted on a hot-dog stand employee website and begged for information. Once your hot-dog arrived, you would have to haggle again over the price.

I could go on and on....

This has been recommended many times before, plus a whole litany of other items. It always falls on deaf ears. If you are in marketing, you need to grasp one strongly held misconception that many board members embrace: they think the dealer is the customer.

Simple marketing stuff that the corner hot dog vendor gets right, are "not possible" for Ford. Of course, the corner hot dog vendor is also making more money than Ford right now too... If Ford sold hot-dogs, they would over price them, and then offer rebates on them when they are stale. You wouldn't be able to get just mustard and onions, you would have to buy condiment package A B or C and then select the delete option to remove the stuff you did not want (Mustang GT rear spoiler). If you wanted to order a hot-dog, you would never be able to find out when the hot dog would be delivered, or even confirm that the order had ever been placed unless you posted on a hot-dog stand employee website and begged for information. Once your hot-dog arrived, you would have to haggle again over the price.

I could go on and on....

xr7g428-

I think you summed up 90% or more of Fords root problems in that one post- that was great!

wonder if anyone at ford will read this, and if they might respond...Buehler?...Buehler? :)

great post

btw- I had asked Kzinti about a rollercoastercam type thing back when I was waiting for the first car too...woulda been cool- but Kzintis 'window sticker before it was built' was a awesome gift too- that I guess is no longer available either...

Ford4V429,

You and I were both going through the same sorts of hassles when I ordered my first of three '05+ Mustangs. The first car I ordered, the dealer refused to sell at the originally agreed price. The second car got caught up in the commodities availability meets allocation fiasco, and took 16 weeks to get, and the third car never got built, so was replaced with a car that came in for stock.

You have done a good job of trying to hold the mirror up to Ford, but they genuinely do not believe that the problem exists. At the Phoenix auto show I talked with a Ford Employee and described the allocation process as you, and I, and every dealer in America knows it to exist, and he swore to me that it absolutely could not be like that. I emailed him with the process, in detail, and of course in true Ford fashion, he never responded. I feel completely confident that no one at Ford with any level of authority ever reads these posts. The only time they look at this is to punish some one like Kizinti (sp?) for trying to help the customers out.

If they had the slightest desire to improve the buying experience, they need go no farther than to hit the "view new posts" button on this forum. What you will see are about 2/3rds of the posts begging employees to provide some verification that their cars are actually being built. One of the longest threads is full of angry consumers who are fed up with the bait and switch of additional dealer profit tactics (basically the cars are under priced by Ford). Then there are the posts that ask why they can't get the combination of options they want. Does anybody at Ford grasp that the whole idea is to eliminate the customers objections? And the rest of the consumer posts are from customers that want to buy, but don't want to make a move if rebates are just around the corner, so they are looking for inside information or a PIN.

I know that Deanh, our resident Ford salesman, will tell us that this is the way it is everywhere, and the solution is to offer fewer choices, but the truth is that if you look at other forums you don't see this kind of silliness. A lot of us love the products, and by extension the brand, but we are not the segment that Ford cares about. Where BMW recognizes that the BMW Car Club of America members are unpaid evangelists for the brand, and rewards them with $1000 rebates, and demonstrating how you can rebuild your '72 BMW 2002 with parts from their heritage division, Ford is busy spending time and money suing the classic Mustang parts guys. I cannot imagine a more effective way to divorce those enthusiasts from the brand. Any one else would pick up right away on the idea that they could have harnessed those vendors as partners to build the brand for so much less money than suing them. How many Toyota trucks will be pulling classic Fords to shows this year?

Great product like the Mustang, is a start, but dragging the customer through hell to buy a car is not going to get us back in the show room. I might put up with it to buy a Mustang, but no way will I ever go through that for an Edge. And they wonder why they have to pile money on the hood to sell cars? Like I said, I could go on and on...

Does any one at Ford with even a whiff of authority read these posts? Here is a challenge: contact me through this board, and I will post the results. But I won't be holding my breath.

Ford4V429,

You and I were both going through the same sorts of hassles when I ordered my first of three '05+ Mustangs. The first car I ordered, the dealer refused to sell at the originally agreed price. The second car got caught up in the commodities availability meets allocation fiasco, and took 16 weeks to get, and the third car never got built, so was replaced with a car that came in for stock.

You have done a good job of trying to hold the mirror up to Ford, but they genuinely do not believe that the problem exists. At the Phoenix auto show I talked with a Ford Employee and described the allocation process as you, and I, and every dealer in America knows it to exist, and he swore to me that it absolutely could not be like that. I emailed him with the process, in detail, and of course in true Ford fashion, he never responded. I feel completely confident that no one at Ford with any level of authority ever reads these posts. The only time they look at this is to punish some one like Kizinti (sp?) for trying to help the customers out.

If they had the slightest desire to improve the buying experience, they need go no farther than to hit the "view new posts" button on this forum. What you will see are about 2/3rds of the posts begging employees to provide some verification that their cars are actually being built. One of the longest threads is full of angry consumers who are fed up with the bait and switch of additional dealer profit tactics (basically the cars are under priced by Ford). Then there are the posts that ask why they can't get the combination of options they want. Does anybody at Ford grasp that the whole idea is to eliminate the customers objections? And the rest of the consumer posts are from customers that want to buy, but don't want to make a move if rebates are just around the corner, so they are looking for inside information or a PIN.

I know that Deanh, our resident Ford salesman, will tell us that this is the way it is everywhere, and the solution is to offer fewer choices, but the truth is that if you look at other forums you don't see this kind of silliness. A lot of us love the products, and by extension the brand, but we are not the segment that Ford cares about. Where BMW recognizes that the BMW Car Club of America members are unpaid evangelists for the brand, and rewards them with $1000 rebates, and demonstrating how you can rebuild your '72 BMW 2002 with parts from their heritage division, Ford is busy spending time and money suing the classic Mustang parts guys. I cannot imagine a more effective way to divorce those enthusiasts from the brand. Any one else would pick up right away on the idea that they could have harnessed those vendors as partners to build the brand for so much less money than suing them. How many Toyota trucks will be pulling classic Fords to shows this year?

Great product like the Mustang, is a start, but dragging the customer through hell to buy a car is not going to get us back in the show room. I might put up with it to buy a Mustang, but no way will I ever go through that for an Edge. And they wonder why they have to pile money on the hood to sell cars? Like I said, I could go on and on...

Does any one at Ford with even a whiff of authority read these posts? Here is a challenge: contact me through this board, and I will post the results. But I won't be holding my breath.

sadly I had a similar conversation with a VERY valued friend/ customer just yesterday pertaining to a subject along these lines. he has purchased upwards of 35-40 vehicles off me over the years and as long as Ford has a product he needs/ desires for both his business and personal use there is no doubt he will continue coming back...he calls, questions/ decides within a day, contracts are printed BEFORE he even gets here, he is in and out within 15 minutes barring the usual joviality, smackdown, teasing and hilarity...he is a pleasure to deal with.....but back to the conversation...it ended with " It is NOT what you know...it is WHO you know...." and there are not a lot of sales representitives that are remaining in the business for long enough to build up THOSE types of relationships....so basically customers do not have to go thru hell IF they know the right person. Buying a car can be a simple process OR it can be a total joke....some dealers truly truly put people thru the ringer...and sometimes the shoe is on the other foot...some customers are stright from hade's........and they get what they deserve.....and XR7...ford has ZERO control over the dealer/ salesperson and customer interaction/ war? hahahaha...and trust me, to all the whiney spinless moaners that bash ford constantly and their dealers for their last encounter....it happens REGARDLESS of the manufacturer.........

Edited by Deanh

"Quote.....I know that Deanh, our resident Ford salesman, will tell us that this is the way it is everywhere, and the solution is to offer fewer choices, but the truth is that if you look at other forums you don't see this kind of silliness......."unQuote".................last time I looked honda, toyota, Lexus offered 2 or 3 Packages per vehicle line...NOT individual options....seems to be working fine for them....silliness, I don't think so...streamlining is beneficial in keeping things less complicated to even educated buyers.... and simplifying the process makes ALL parties happier....we need to get back to basics...the business has become a complete cluster f$%#k!

Edited by Deanh

I can see the tag line now: FORD; no worse than anybody else!

Deanh the thing I like about you is that you are a straight shooter. You know your game. I'd buy a car from you. You do an excellent job of presenting the dealer sales view point. Please do not take what I say as a critique of what you are doing, If I were in your shoes I would probably be doing and saying the same things. My point is that the culture of Ford has to change. Some of that change will effect your world.

This is like a game of connect the dots.

It begins with the perception that the dealer is the customer.

So what do dealers want.

Fewer choices for the consumer; it makes for a quick decision, less need to search for a match, and better coverage with less inventory.

No special orders. Takes too much time, too many chances for problems, doesn't get a car off the lot.

Lowest possible price on the window Good for advertising, they will add their own sticker for bargaining position.

Low volume production vehicles. A halo with a bonus of additional dealer mark up.

Rebates to cover their butts if things go south.

So what do consumers want:

More choices. Have you looked at all of the money spent in the after market? Consumers want theri vehicle to be unique.

They want to be special. They want the car to be special. If I can get a $2 hamburger my way, why can't I get a $30K car my way? Beany babies and cabbage patch dolls come with a birth certificate, why not an advance copy of the window sticker for a $30K car? Can you imagine the parties people would throw if they could watch their car being built on the internet? Any one ever show you pictures of thier kids?

How many new cars will they buy during their life times? Dealers think a good buying experience is measured in how fast it got completed. Good stuff you want to last, painful stuff you want to be over in a hurry. Tells you something about the process doesn't it.

Realistic prices. Consumers do not want to be gamed. Not bait and switch low, not inflated to cover big rebates later, Consumers are pretty good at weighing value and price. A big discount doesn't mean good value, it means the price was too high.

Limited edition vehicles. But with one big caveat: Do not toy with us. Price it like you mean it. If you have 5 times as many takers as cars, then you priced it too low. Do not give us a wink and a come on and then change the price after you get us into the tent.

Rebates. See pricing above. If you don't load the dealers with too many cars, if you don't miss the price value equation ion the beginning, then you won't have to resort to bail outs in the end.

Of course, why would Ford want to do this? After all customers are just " all the whiney spinless moaners that bash ford constantly and their dealers for their last encounter...." Pesky customers.

Edited by xr7g428

I can see the tag line now: FORD; no worse than anybody else!

Deanh the thing I like about you is that you are a straight shooter. You know your game. I'd buy a car from you. You do an excellent job of presenting the dealer sales view point. Please do not take what I say as a critique of what you are doing, If I were in your shoes I would probably be doing and saying the same things. My point is that the culture of Ford has to change. Some of that change will effect your world.

This is like a game of connect the dots.

It begins with the perception that the dealer is the customer.

So what do dealers want.

Fewer choices for the consumer; it makes for a quick decision, less need to search for a match, and better coverage with less inventory.

No special orders. Takes too much time, too many chances for problems, doesn't get a car off the lot.

Lowest possible price on the window Good for advertising, they will add their own sticker for bargaining position.

Low volume production vehicles. A halo with a bonus of additional dealer mark up.

Rebates to cover their butts if things go south.

So what do consumers want:

More choices. Have you looked at all of the money spent in the after market? Consumers want theri vehicle to be unique.

They want to be special. They want the car to be special. If I can get a $2 hamburger my way, why can't I get a $30K car my way? Beany babies and cabbage patch dolls come with a birth certificate, why not an advance copy of the window sticker for a $30K car? Can you imagine the parties people would throw if they could watch their car being built on the internet? Any one ever show you pictures of thier kids?

How many new cars will they buy during their life times? Dealers think a good buying experience is measured in how fast it got completed. Good stuff you want to last, painful stuff you want to be over in a hurry. Tells you something about the process doesn't it.

Realistic prices. Consumers do not want to be gamed. Not bait and switch low, not inflated to cover big rebates later, Consumers are pretty good at weighing value and price. A big discount doesn't mean good value, it means the price was too high.

Limited edition vehicles. But with one big caveat: Do not toy with us. Price it like you mean it. If you have 5 times as many takers as cars, then you priced it too low. Do not give us a wink and a come on and then change the price after you get us into the tent.

Rebates. See pricing above. If you don't load the dealers with too many cars, if you don't miss the price value equation ion the beginning, then you won't have to resort to bail outs in the end.

Of course, why would Ford want to do this? After all customers are just " all the whiney spinless moaners that bash ford constantly and their dealers for their last encounter...." Pesky customers.

I see your points from the consumers standpoint I do...but grapple with this.....I say build cars less ways ...just increase the initial content...I mean WHY is A/c an option on some vehcles...WHY are tow packages options on trucks..same with limited slip....same for tinted glass????? surely it is easier to produce fewer configurations and cheaper in the long run..PLUS quality would be sure to improve with less variants. NOW....build em one way....cheaper to produce...savings passed on to the customer....better quality...speaks for itself...lowering usage cost over years of ownership.....ALSO....far more likely for a customer to find something within his parameters at a dealership( hey since when was more content at a cheaper price been a hinderance to a sale????? ) Customer happy...dealership happy...CSI better...QC better...less confusion....as for limited production vehicles...they will never change...market driven prices...remember they are not required ...they are desired....just like that house on the corner with the pool 80,000 over the comps....or the 8000 bump in tickets to first class to NZ....or that diamond ring she ( greedy bitch ) just HAS to have... before she takes half of that damn house....people do want, and whine like spoiled children when they can't have things their own way ( think Shelby's @ sticker ) I say GET OVER IT! and shut the hell up if you don't like compromise....too many SPOILED people out there that need to HARDEN UP! ( familiar w Chopper XR? ) and I'm not blanketing ALL customers....just a small percentage. ( like the Shelby bleaters.....)

Edited by Deanh

xr..contradictory statement........... If you don't load the dealers with too many cars, if you don't miss the price value equation ion the beginning, then you won't have to resort to bail outs in the end...............................

If the vehicles are made more ways and dealers have less inventory...disaster waiting to happen! lost sale after lost sale...old inventory..forced rebates....large amounts of excess crap ordered by people wanting them a particular way and then the deal fell through because she took the house...inflated flooring costs due to sitting said orders that NO_ONE ELSe wants...ARGGGGGG! you could put us ALL out of business if Mullaly checked off your wish list....

xr..contradictory statement........... If you don't load the dealers with too many cars, if you don't miss the price value equation ion the beginning, then you won't have to resort to bail outs in the end...............................

If the vehicles are made more ways and dealers have less inventory...disaster waiting to happen! lost sale after lost sale...old inventory..forced rebates....large amounts of excess crap ordered by people wanting them a particular way and then the deal fell through because she took the house...inflated flooring costs due to sitting said orders that NO_ONE ELSe wants...ARGGGGGG! you could put us ALL out of business if Mullaly checked off your wish list....

This is going to require some new thinking. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity defined.

My 5 minute analysis:

I agree, dealers, and Ford by extension, carry too much inventory.

Only allow dealers to stock "packaged" cars. Limits inventory, takes care of the got to have it today business.

Allow consumers to special order what they want. Remember, this is not based on how Ford handles special orders today. The idea would be to deliver in the shortest possible time lets say two weeks if you chose to take delivery at the factory, three weeks if it was shipped to the dealer. The idea is to make the process of having your car built FUN! Of course this will require that Ford build SOLD cars first. Yes, this will require a major rework of the allocation system. Dealers can SELL as many special order cars as they can muster. Allocations go to paying customers before dealer inventory. ALWAYS.

Get a decent deposit and deliver on time, and not many deals will fall apart. Keep the current system and you are right, it is a miracle they all don't go south, on both sides. In my personal experience 2 out of three Mustang orders failed because Ford or the dealer was unable to hold up their end of the bargain. If half the cars you sold were special ordered, what would happen to your flooring costs?

Next objection?

This is going to require some new thinking. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity defined.

My 5 minute analysis:

I agree, dealers, and Ford by extension, carry too much inventory.

Only allow dealers to stock "packaged" cars. Limits inventory, takes care of the got to have it today business.

Allow consumers to special order what they want. Remember, this is not based on how Ford handles special orders today. The idea would be to deliver in the shortest possible time lets say two weeks if you chose to take delivery at the factory, three weeks if it was shipped to the dealer. The idea is to make the process of having your car built FUN! Of course this will require that Ford build SOLD cars first. Yes, this will require a major rework of the allocation system. Dealers can SELL as many special order cars as they can muster. Allocations go to paying customers before dealer inventory. ALWAYS.

Get a decent deposit and deliver on time, and not many deals will fall apart. Keep the current system and you are right, it is a miracle they all don't go south, on both sides. In my personal experience 2 out of three Mustang orders failed because Ford or the dealer was unable to hold up their end of the bargain. If half the cars you sold were special ordered, what would happen to your flooring costs?

Next objection?

great idea in theory...unfortunately NO_ONE can manufacture a car in 3 weeks ground up and to certain specs...right now 6 -8 wks which isn't too bad, AND people pretty much can get them as they please barring conflicting options...BIG problem is when Joe Blow orders the car with Kiwi green exterior with stone interior and comes into a situation where he is unable to take delivery...dealer is now STUCK...Non refundable deposits are not legal...re-stocking fees are not legal...so who gets stuck with that butt ugly ( but the Perfect car in Joe's eyes ) doorstop...and has to foot flooring costs...the Dealer! The risk is not worth the financial reward and is way too open for abuse from jokers that have vendettas. The ordering system is fine the way it is...but content on lines needs serios streamlining...which by the way I am seeing, and it benefits the customers in terms of cost...ie the "Tow and Go" discount of approx 1000 on F-150's.....take it with these options and get a package discount...AND it speeds up the assembly line....as far as I am concerned the pre-packaged vehicles is fantastic...any other options should be a "plug and play " dealer installation at a fixed price...ie vehicles are ALL prewired for potential NAV, CD changers, DVD"S etc.....and PS yes DAMMIT,,,,over 60 % of my units are factory orders.....BECAUSE nothing was close on the lots/ locates AND customers wanted them JUST SO! So in reality I'm basing this on personal experience...20 bloody years of it....SPOILED I TELL YA SPOILED! try and buy a house the same way.......thats it i need a cocktail....

I see your points from the consumers standpoint I do...but grapple with this.....I say build cars less ways ...just increase the initial content...I mean WHY is A/c an option on some vehcles...WHY are tow packages options on trucks..same with limited slip....same for tinted glass????? surely it is easier to produce fewer configurations and cheaper in the long run..PLUS quality would be sure to improve with less variants. NOW....build em one way....cheaper to produce...savings passed on to the customer....better quality...speaks for itself...lowering usage cost over years of ownership.....ALSO....far more likely for a customer to find something within his parameters at a dealership( hey since when was more content at a cheaper price been a hinderance to a sale????? ) Customer happy...dealership happy...CSI better...QC better...less confusion....as for limited production vehicles...they will never change...market driven prices...remember they are not required ...they are desired....just like that house on the corner with the pool 80,000 over the comps....or the 8000 bump in tickets to first class to NZ....or that diamond ring she ( greedy bitch ) just HAS to have... before she takes half of that damn house....people do want, and whine like spoiled children when they can't have things their own way ( think Shelby's @ sticker ) I say GET OVER IT! and shut the hell up if you don't like compromise....too many SPOILED people out there that need to HARDEN UP! ( familiar w Chopper XR? ) and I'm not blanketing ALL customers....just a small percentage. ( like the Shelby bleaters.....)

Here is an idea, lets just paint them all black too...

You are not getting my point on the Shelby. I am okay with the fact that the car is priced where it is priced. I am not okay with the process. I think Ford should have priced the car correctly, not the dealer. The ADM makes Ford look stupid, and the dealers look greedy. it wouldn't bother me if Ford bumped your margin on it. The difference is that you wouldn't get 15,000 guys dreaming about the car and then have their dreams crushed when they see the real price. Ford doesn't need the ill will, and honestly, I don't think it does anything for the dealer reputation either.

Here is an idea, lets just paint them all black too...

You are not getting my point on the Shelby. I am okay with the fact that the car is priced where it is priced. I am not okay with the process. I think Ford should have priced the car correctly, not the dealer. The ADM makes Ford look stupid, and the dealers look greedy. it wouldn't bother me if Ford bumped your margin on it. The difference is that you wouldn't get 15,000 guys dreaming about the car and then have their dreams crushed when they see the real price. Ford doesn't need the ill will, and honestly, I don't think it does anything for the dealer reputation either.

"black" great idea...LOL! And as sorry as it seems if there was 20k in the sticker they would still be marked up due to availability supply/ demand...albeit probably only another 7k....and YES it does not reflect well on the dealers but like I have said before....it is not going to stop, regardless of what you and i think....I wonder if Ford does it deliberately to make the dealer the bad guy....conspiracy theorists unite!....And icing on the cake....if anyone thinks a limited production flagship hot rod will be X amount of dollars as per websites and MSRPS they are dreamers...NOT realists....addendums have been around since Adam...I don't agree with them as much as the next guy, but I am used to having to accept them as are the people that actually purchase the cars...NOT the uin-informed Dreamers with pictures of Pamela Anderson above their headboards....

Edited by Deanh

ok..now my ignorance asks the question...sorry you have lost me????????

Lost you? Lost you? Read the first thread that I posted. This has gotten off the threads intent. I was just getting it back on track. I feel like I'm lost on a road and all roads lead to one point in town. Seems like all threads become an opportunity to bash Ford. Believe it or not I have bought Ford, Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercedes, BMW, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lexus and all the companies interact about the same. Ford's problem is the fact they have all "dead wood" most of there products are boring or ultra conservative. There, now I have talked about were the tread went, now lets get back to the original topic. Thanks.

Edited by upstate

No. It's a retarded idea that serves no useful purpose.

What does that mean? Are you making fun of people with mental challenges? Why would you attack individuals that have nothing to do with our thread? Lack of verbal skills apparently leads you to name calling. Your input adds nothing to this thread and name calling is not appreciated. Thanks for your highly intelligent insensitive comment, you really add something to this site. We all can learn from your comments. Learn how not to verbalize.

This has been recommended many times before, plus a whole litany of other items. It always falls on deaf ears.

The idea of putting a camera on the line is a good one, but not a new one. It has been recommended many times in the past.

Many Ford employees do not favor the idea of cameras on the line. They have a good point as I doubt that too many of us would want to be on camera all day.

Never the less, there is no one from Ford reading these boards that "gets" the idea. They could care less about consumers, they are building cars for dealers, and the dealers are not asking for pictures. I am convinced that they do not care for customers, but worse yet, only a few care enough about cars to even understand why you would want that picture. As far as they are concerned, they could be selling major appliances. Do you want a picture of your water heater on the day it was made?

It has been suggested that what Ford needs are good systems, and the result will be good cars. I disagree with that notion simply because no system knows the difference between good enough and great. This is how we got a really good car called the Five Hundred. Thing is, no one cared. Any body that really got it would have known that the car was completely devoid of character. When the system doesn't even "get" the product, it will never "get" the marketing.

So suggest away, but prepare to be disappointed.

What does that mean? Are you making fun of people with mental challenges? Why would you attack individuals that have nothing to do with our thread? Lack of verbal skills apparently leads you to name calling. Your input adds nothing to this thread and name calling is not appreciated. Thanks for your highly intelligent insensitive comment, you really add something to this site. We all can learn from your comments. Learn how not to verbalize.

for a guy thats been in marketing his whole life:

1) you have a thin skin

2) you ideas suck

3) you're an even bigger baby when people tell you your ideas suck.

Don't put the camera on the assembly line. You have to put it in a way that people can really see what's going on with the production of the car. Do more videos like this:

CLICK HERE to see what I mean...

:hysterical: Sad but true story.... ;)

Thanks for the link. I knew this kind of crap went on years ago but I thought it had ended. Hope these ass monkeys were fired, this makes me sick.

The idea of putting a camera on the line is a good one, but not a new one. It has been recommended many times in the past.

Many Ford employees do not favor the idea of cameras on the line. They have a good point as I doubt that too many of us would want to be on camera all day.

Never the less, there is no one from Ford reading these boards that "gets" the idea. They could care less about consumers, they are building cars for dealers, and the dealers are not asking for pictures. I am convinced that they do not care for customers, but worse yet, only a few care enough about cars to even understand why you would want that picture. As far as they are concerned, they could be selling major appliances. Do you want a picture of your water heater on the day it was made?

It has been suggested that what Ford needs are good systems, and the result will be good cars. I disagree with that notion simply because no system knows the difference between good enough and great. This is how we got a really good car called the Five Hundred. Thing is, no one cared. Any body that really got it would have known that the car was completely devoid of character. When the system doesn't even "get" the product, it will never "get" the marketing.

So suggest away, but prepare to be disappointed.

sorry don't agree in the slightest with the "built for the dealers" comment, dealer has pretty much ZERO input...it is based on the opinions of target groups consisting of the potential end user...NOT the middle man as such...

sorry......... for you to turn the word retatrded into an attack on individuals is out of line....Websters...Relatively slow in mental or emotional or PHYSICAL DEVELOPEMENT....suggests it is not just aimed at individuals but process's......... I think you took the comment the wrong way...