April 2007 Sales: Edge: 9,134 Murano: 6,316

igor

Well you can count my Edge in May Sales (as a conquest sale) ... but to add a little perspective...

The auto market aint what it used to be - the choice of models and manufacturers are so diverse...the fashion of auto changes as with all other things...

The Edge is a hip looking vehicle - more than a car - but not an SUV - I first doubted if the Edge would be my type of vehicle - as im selling my toyota coupe - but once I drove the Edge - it drove like my car - had more power - and it felt natural for me to drive.. I loved it..

6 years ago.. I wanted to buy a Ford - but there absolutely nothing in the line up I would spend my money on - Im the demographic Ford should be hitting - and they hit bullseye with me with the Edge.

I now look at the competition for the Edge - it all looks stale to me - BORING - the only exception is the Murano - and it comes to nearly $50K Cdn loaded and on premium gas - if Edge sales go down as gas prices go up - then the Murano is toast.

All the best to the OAC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Edge sold just over 9,000 and you are declaring it a great success?ROTFLMAO

The Oakville plant which has a capacity of 25k a month made 9,000 Edges?

There is no stopping the Ford jugernaut.

BEC was right.

Old think: Make a shit load of the same product [DN101], with different badges of course and dump into fleets to make the #'s look good. Of course offer rebates up to $5000, and pay the UAW off of the full sized truck profits.

New think: Flex Manufacturing and platforms.

Oh and BTW, Chrysler, formerly known as "the only one of the Detroit 3 showing any signs of growth" is now called the "fleet queen". And, the Chrysler 300, "the car Ford should have built", is now outsold by the Fusion "the flop". The Pacifica dies off in a few years with No Replacement!

If not for Jeep, formerly NOT a Mopar company, Chrysler would be belly up.

Edited by 630land

to me, the Edge is a retarded vehicle. A SEXY retard to be sure - hell, call it the Blond Bimbo Eye Candy in Ford's lineup - but as a practical vehicle of quantifiable purpose, it fails.

All these great sales figures prove is that Americans are stupid and still prefer style over anything that actually makes sense. I'll admit I'm guilty of this too, since I wanted to love the Freestyle but damn it put me to sleep. But I can settle for it because of itrs great versatility.

you've got to be kidding me... the Edge is everything I want in a vehicle and I wouldn't bother test-driving other competitors. why? it's a pointless comparison

force-fed style? really where do you get this stuff. well, I guess I can still drive a dated sneaker if I wanted to

Well you can count my Edge in May Sales (as a conquest sale) ... but to add a little perspective...

The auto market aint what it used to be - the choice of models and manufacturers are so diverse...the fashion of auto changes as with all other things...

The Edge is a hip looking vehicle - more than a car - but not an SUV - I first doubted if the Edge would be my type of vehicle - as im selling my toyota coupe - but once I drove the Edge - it drove like my car - had more power - and it felt natural for me to drive.. I loved it..

6 years ago.. I wanted to buy a Ford - but there absolutely nothing in the line up I would spend my money on - Im the demographic Ford should be hitting - and they hit bullseye with me with the Edge.

I now look at the competition for the Edge - it all looks stale to me - BORING - the only exception is the Murano - and it comes to nearly $50K Cdn loaded and on premium gas - if Edge sales go down as gas prices go up - then the Murano is toast.

All the best to the OAC

I like this girl :beerchug:

I remember when they were launching the Pacifica and Zetsche was calling it a segment buster. Just before he said that Toyota would never outsell Chrysler in the USA.

got to give him some credit. he did get the "bust" part right