April 2007 Sales: Edge: 9,134 Murano: 6,316

igor

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason it's built in a minivan plant. Because it's minivan based. The Edge is not.

The Pacifica isn't direct competition for the Edge. The Murano is.

Not true. It does not have the same chassis as the minivan.

"We outsold the Murano" does not make the Edge a success. Note: sales in March were almost 11k and sales in April are very close to 9k. Downward trend will continue next month.

Not true. It does not have the same chassis as the minivan.

"We outsold the Murano" does not make the Edge a success. Note: sales in March were almost 11k and sales in April are very close to 9k. Downward trend will continue next month.

All manufacturers were down (except Chrysler which had no where else to go but up). Your sales note proves nothing and is no more than spin to prove a baseless point.

Bluecon is ALWAYS wrong.

Edited by TomServo92

Ok Blucon, give us a number. What do you think Edge sales will be. This way, if you are right, then there will be no way anyone can say you were wrong. But if your wrong, then you will be proven wrong.

Its easy to make general statements and they say "See, I was right" It wouldn't matter if the Edge outsold every other vehicle in its class, because you would just say, its a failure because it didn't outsell the Camry.

So put up or shut up. What's your number?

Or as in this case a correct factual based opinion.

Do you think Edge sales will be up next month? Or is it going to do the 500?

BEC was right.

Solid prediction from me: Edge sells over 10,000 units in May. Bring it up next month if you think this is starting a "downward trend".

If you didn't notice, sales of pretty much everything were down in April compared to March.

EDIT - And I have zero doubt that the Edge will surpass 100K for the year.

Edited by NickF1011

Dude (blucon),

From where I sit you are dead-ass wrong. I am a dealer so I'm probably way more qualified to comment on it's success or failure than you. I sold 3 of them just last saturday. Talk to the woman who picked up her platinum SEL and shed a tear as she told me it is the most beautiful vehicle she has ever seen. Your idiotic posts are no help to anyone in this forum. This vehicle is one of the hottest things going and Ford has a certified hit on it's hands. Sorry that makes you unhappy. But fact is fact.

Edited by campbell53

Or as in this case a correct factual based opinion.

Do you think Edge sales will be up next month?

I think it will gain marketshare.

Gas prices have hit $1.25 a litre in Vancouver, which is the equivalent of $4.39 USD a US gallon. It wouldn't surprise me if all sales fall.

Sheesh, if the Edge was the only vehicle which it sales went down I would have agreed with you, but when everyone's sales are down I don't think this is a trend.

Oh and since you love the Pacifica so much why don't you buy one

Not true, Chrysler group was up.

Dude (blucon),

From where I sit you are dead-ass wrong. I am a dealer so I'm probably way more qualified to comment on it's success or failure than you. I sold 3 of them just last saturday. Talk to the woman who picked up her platinum SEL and shed a tear as she told me it is the most beautiful vehicle she has ever seen. Your idiotic posts are no help to anyone in this forum. This vehicle is one of the hottest things going and Ford has a certified hit on it's hands. Sorry that makes you unhappy. But fact is fact.

Fact is sales were down almost 2k for the month. Nice story though.

I think your soul existence here is just to stir shit up with talking out of your mouth both ways. You never state any facts (backed by figures) and switch around the argument when your obviously losing. Your worse then a politician

Ok Blucon, give us a number. What do you think Edge sales will be. This way, if you are right, then there will be no way anyone can say you were wrong. But if your wrong, then you will be proven wrong.

Its easy to make general statements and they say "See, I was right" It wouldn't matter if the Edge outsold every other vehicle in its class, because you would just say, its a failure because it didn't outsell the Camry.

So put up or shut up. What's your number?

I am right again.

Quote Bluecon April 3, 2007.

"One decent month does not prove your case. The numbers look good for March, however I believe long term it will sputter. I think after this initial sales burst you will be looking at 7k a month. Not enough to profitably run a huge plant like OAC. The key thing for Ford is to get the Flex up and running."

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...mp;#entry161613

I am right again.

Quote Bluecon April 3, 2007.

"One decent month does not prove your case. The numbers look good for March, however I believe long term it will sputter. I think after this initial sales burst you will be looking at 7k a month. Not enough to profitably run a huge plant like OAC. The key thing for Ford is to get the Flex up and running."

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...mp;#entry161613

One month up doesn't make it a success. One month down doesn't make it a failure either. You can't have it both ways.

All manufacturers were down (except Chrysler which had no where else to go but up). Your sales note proves nothing and is no more than spin to prove a baseless point.

Bluecon is ALWAYS wrong.

Actually Bluecon is right 97.6% of the time.

We will just wait a couple more months and see then. OK?

I think that's all anyone is asking of you. You spout off the handle at the first sign of anything negative, despite the trends of the ENTIRE automobile market for the month. I mean hell, even Toyota's unadjusted numbers were DOWN for the month. Is Toyota now on the brink of bankruptcy according to the Bluecon Book of Economics?

Not a story Genius. It is truth. Other than mis-interpreting data what involvement do you have in the auto industry that gives you any credibility? Your biases cloud common sense. Your posts are a waste of time.

PS Not to mention there are inventory issues which are now affecting sales rate of travel. I'm resorting to buying out of inventories thousands of miles from me. Hardly the trait of a failed vehicle.

Edited by campbell53

I think that's all anyone is asking of you. You spout off the handle at the first sign of anything negative, despite the trends of the ENTIRE automobile market for the month. I mean hell, even Toyota's unadjusted numbers were DOWN for the month. Is Toyota now on the brink of bankruptcy according to the Bluecon Book of Economics?

Actually I think the genius of my posts is that I will make predictions and then watch them come true.