April 2007 Sales: Edge: 9,134 Murano: 6,316

igor

Not a story Genius. It is truth. Other than mis-interpreting data what involvement do you have in the auto industry that gives you any credibility? Your biases cloud common sense. Your posts are a waste of time.

PS Not to mention there are inventory issues which are now affecting sales rate of travel. I'm resorting to buying out of inventories thousands of miles from me. Hardly the trait of a failed vehicle.

Well I know the Ford dealer I bought my truck from provides abysmall service and from what I hear the other ones in town are no better.The dealers are the weakest link in the whole Ford system.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true, Chrysler group was up.

firesale my friend..AND losses galore...remember the buy a Town and country and we will throw in this vehicle????? And right now fleets are snapping them up due to ridiculously low inventory reduction loss leaders

Bluecon, would you please start showing up more than once a month when monthly sales are posted. We miss you!

It's nice to see some of you grasping at straws "bubububu......." only to come up with BS. I've had a considerable amount of drive time in an Edge, and it is a very nice vehicle especially for something as heavy as it is. Ford is 95% there with that vehicle.

Oh and please lets not use the Pacifica as an example. It never turned into the darling that Chrysler thought it would. The Freestar (which it competes with BTW) might not be all there interesting or a car for a speed freak, but when it comes to hauling people it has the Pacifica beat hands down.

firesale my friend..AND losses galore...remember the buy a Town and country and we will throw in this vehicle????? And right now fleets are snapping them up due to ridiculously low inventory reduction loss leaders

spin, spin and more spin

Well I know the Ford dealer I bought my truck from provides abysmall service and from what I hear the other ones in town are no better.The dealers are the weakest link in the whole Ford system.

LOL.....man you just love stirring that pot don't you.......you don't drive a Rhondo do you?

Interesting that you choose to change the subject.

I did not change the subject. I am merely replying to the dealer that knows more about the auto industry than anyone else.

You are the one that is ducking replying to the topic.

Blucon

Have you seen Chryslers numbers?

Their big sellers were their fleet vehicles. I am not saying that Fleet sales is the only reason for their modest bump. But if you compare the vehicles that lost against the models that gained. Only the Wrangler looks like it actually did anything

Bluecon, would you please start showing up more than once a month when monthly sales are posted. We miss you!

Kinda like going to the dentist for a root canal

It's nice to see some of you grasping at straws "bubububu......." only to come up with BS. I've had a considerable amount of drive time in an Edge, and it is a very nice vehicle especially for something as heavy as it is. Ford is 95% there with that vehicle.

Oh and please lets not use the Pacifica as an example. It never turned into the darling that Chrysler thought it would. The Freestar (which it competes with BTW) might not be all there interesting or a car for a speed freak, but when it comes to hauling people it has the Pacifica beat hands down.

I remember when they were launching the Pacifica and Zetsche was calling it a segment buster. Just before he said that Toyota would never outsell Chrysler in the USA.

LOL.....man you just love stirring that pot don't you.......you don't drive a Rhondo do you?

What is a Rhondo?

No I don't drive one. I have a Dart and a GTX and Monte CarloSS and a Valiant convertible and a Chevy pickup and a Ford Ranger but no Rhondo.

I remember when they were launching the Pacifica and Zetsche was calling it a segment buster. Just before he said that Toyota would never outsell Chrysler in the USA.

If Budget and Enerprize all of a sudden need 10,000 cars that may be reversed...FAST! :hysterical::hysterical:

What is a Rhondo?

No I don't drive one. I have a Dart and a GTX and Monte CarloSS and a Valiant convertible and a Chevy pickup and a Ford Ranger but no Rhondo.

Now I understand everything....easy to criticize when one has such a redoubtable inventory, neighbours must be jealous when they're off the moonshine....LOL!

No...I said I know about the car business than YOU. And information from "what you hear" is supposed to have some bearing on the truth? There might be some bad dealers but I ain't one of them. I sweat 60 hour a week peddling Ford product and have the profits and Customer Satisfaction scores to prove it. What can you prove? Absolutely nothing. Go back where you came from unless you can add something of merit to this discussion.

I haven't read the whole thread because I don't have time, but here's my take:

Whoever attacked Bec is attacking the man instead of the idea. Politicians do the same thing frequently. Not a good move. I'd just drop it if I were you.

If the Edge outsold the Murano, great .. more power to Ford. But, by gloating in someone else's incorrect prediction, you're just asking to start a flame war.

Just my opinion.

If the Edge outsold the Murano, great .. more power to Ford. But, by gloating in someone else's incorrect prediction, you're just asking to start a flame war.

The problem is that Bec was the one to set it off...by basically pissing on the car before it was even out...based on his assumptions...so he has it coming to him...

Theres a difference between saying I don't think it will be successful and I think it will bomb

But, by gloating in someone else's incorrect prediction, you're just asking to start a flame war.

If you're smug enough to make predictions, you should be able to take the flack when you're wrong.

The vehicle wasn't even released yet, and people were selling it down the shitter, not even seeing one in person let alone actually driving one.

If you want to offer an opinion, ie. I don't like it, don't think it'll do well, etc. that's one thing. You want to make predictions, that's another. Nobody had a gun to his head and forced him to make one.