King Ranch Replacing Eddie Bauer

Steiny

I'm sure Eddie's a nice guy and I've enjoyed my E.B. Explorer but I would have REALLY enjoyed a King Ranch Explorer. I think Ford ought to go with just KR as the custom trim line throughout the SUV/Truck segment and drop Herr Bauer (which means farmer in German, if I'm not mistaken).

Edited by Steiny

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure Eddie's a nice guy and I've enjoyed my E.B. Explorer but I would have REALLY enjoyed a King Ranch Explorer. I think Ford ought to go with just KR as the custom trim line throughout the SUV/Truck segment and drop Herr Bauer (which means farmer in German, if I'm not mistaken).

I agree, the King Ranch Edition of the trucks and big SUVs, must go to the Explorer, Escape, Edge and upcoming Flex. The King Ranch Edition of the F series is the most luxurious truck in america. The same for the HD F series and Expedition version. I like the leather interioir in crude brown and the details.

I guess it depends on whose name you think adds to the item its being advertised on. If you were EB you probably think adding your name to a Explorer adds cache to the explorer. It doesn't do much for your name. It's not like someone drives past an EB store and says, "Hey that's the same as on my Explorer, I think I'll go inside" The same for the Harley pickups. Do you think Harley pays Ford to put their name on Ford trucks. I think the Harley name has helped Ford sell more trucks than the Ford F series has helped Harley sell Road Kings

Edited by falconman13

love the King Ranch seats, comfy as hell, but WHO THE HELL DECIDED ON THE COLOUR...my god...it matches NOTHING! Light tan please.....brown/ orange is definitely an aquired taste...or...change the color of the dash to match....

Edited by Deanh

I guess it depends on whose name you think adds to the item its being advertised on. If you were EB you probably think adding your name to a Explorer adds cache to the explorer. It doesn't do much for your name. It's not like someone drives past an EB store and says, "Hey that's the same as on my Explorer, I think I'll go inside" The same for the Harley pickups. Do you think Harley pays Ford to put their name on Ford trucks. I think the Harley name has helped Ford sell more trucks than the Ford F series has helped Harley sell Road Kings

Well, if Ford is putting out any money to use the E.B. name on its vehicles, they should cease immediately. I don't see where it brings any value to the brand at all.

I doubt either side is putting up any money, its more likely to be a shared licensing arrangement.

According to EB website its an agreement dating back to 1983. How time flies

But there are still hidden costs. Those "Eddie Bauer" script badges must cost three times what the XLT badges do!!!!