A Question to for any dealer

I took my new Fusion in for its first oil change and rec'd a follow up call from the dealership. The girl from the dealership made a point to remind ( a couple of times) to be sure I checked that I was Totally satisfied. She said anything less than that would result in a failing grade.

Now, I don't have a problem with the way the car was serviced, but it was not exceptional either. So I am asking , is this true? I mean I wouldn't want them to fail, because like I said, it was fine. But there were a couple of small things they could improve on and if everyone gives them the highest marks, then they aren't getting any feedback on what they could do to improve.

So, was she trying to pad their customer service numbers or is their validity to what she is saying

Thanks

I took my new Fusion in for its first oil change and rec'd a follow up call from the dealership. The girl from the dealership made a point to remind ( a couple of times) to be sure I checked that I was Totally satisfied. She said anything less than that would result in a failing grade.

Now, I don't have a problem with the way the car was serviced, but it was not exceptional either. So I am asking , is this true? I mean I wouldn't want them to fail, because like I said, it was fine. But there were a couple of small things they could improve on and if everyone gives them the highest marks, then they aren't getting any feedback on what they could do to improve.

So, was she trying to pad their customer service numbers or is their validity to what she is saying

Thanks

CSI has gotten out of control completely...and unfortunately some customers have used in as leverage to "get their way". Whilst I agree it is important the sales questionaires at one stage were ridiculous....was your sales persons appearence satisfactory...for gods sake! Hell, whos to say the F Toyaota Tie I was wearing didn't offend someone...lol! Service wise the only reasoning I can see is repeat business if you were treated well, other than that brownie points with ford and perhaps compensation of some sort....I am currently drafting a Customer Satisfaction index....hahahaha, wonder what THAT will acheive?

Thanks

could be worse http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=159f37cf...64&fg=email

I was just wondering if she was telling the truth saying if they didn't get all top marks it was a failure, or if she was just trying to get me to mark all top marks so it looked better for them.

I haven't received the actual questionnaire yet so I don't know what the actual questions will be

I was just wondering if she was telling the truth saying if they didn't get all top marks it was a failure, or if she was just trying to get me to mark all top marks so it looked better for them.

I haven't received the actual questionnaire yet so I don't know what the actual questions will be

yep...all A's and excellents....ONE B or very good and end of ball game.....wait till you see the survey, some of the questions seem completely irrelevent...at least the sales surveys are that way....

yep...all A's and excellents....ONE B or very good and end of ball game.....wait till you see the survey, some of the questions seem completely irrelevent...at least the sales surveys are that way....

Sample questions include:

34) Was the coffee served in the reception area of suitable temperature?

68) Was television reception satisfactory on the 1978 15" Zenith next to the vending machine?

157) Were the cashier's teeth white enough to temporarily blind you when she returned your keys?

Sample questions include:

34) Was the coffee served in the reception area of suitable temperature?

68) Was television reception satisfactory on the 1978 15" Zenith next to the vending machine?

157) Were the cashier's teeth white enough to temporarily blind you when she returned your keys?

652) was the advisor bi-lingual....

I already did the sales survey, I agree some of the questions were totally off.

I kinda side step it by asking customers if they want to get going in 15 minutes or stay for an hour and a half...guess which way they answer? Then inform them about the survey....10 minutes corresponds with all A's and excellents.....usually works a charm

So I am asking , is this true?

Yes, unfortunately it is true and even worse is the fact that a lot if not most of the Ford dealership service writers have their pay check tied directly to the CSI scores they receive. Oh and they're not supposed to let the customer know that.