EDGE COMING TO LAP......?????????

Funbags

I heard a rumor today from a guy that works at Lear..........he said they were told the LAP would start building the Edge.........anyone esle heard anything like this??........

I heard from the farmer up the road that LAP was closing.

Mind you he makes a good profit selling bullshit.

Sounds like your Lear buddy is in the same business.

I heard a rumor today from a guy that works at Lear..........he said they were told the LAP would start building the Edge.........anyone esle heard anything like this??........

here we go again!!! :beatdeadhorse: THE EDGE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!

I'm not surprised, I'm sure the quality would be much better plus there would be less chance of production loses due to work stoppages.. this would be a smart move....

Well....one thing to ponder is with all these plants that are closed or closing...if Ford needed some extra capacity for say, Fusion, or the as yet un-named B-segment car, plants like Wixom could easily be re-activated since they already own it and have used outside contractors in the past for plant upgrades.

Well....one thing to ponder is with all these plants that are closed or closing...if Ford needed some extra capacity for say, Fusion, or the as yet un-named B-segment car, plants like Wixom could easily be re-activated since they already own it and have used outside contractors in the past for plant upgrades.

OAC could be building Fusions within a few months. The infrastructure is already there, as it shares the same platform as the Edge. My logic would have Mexico and OAC both building Edges and Fusions. Just think of the savings in duties and shipping costs.

• 2 weeks later...