Big 3 seek to shut jobs bank

Len_A

The key word is "seek". The Big 3 will seek for everything. Maybe the job bank needs to be tweeked somewhat. I think if the company can find them work at another plant then maybe they should be forced to go and leave the job bank. I think there are changes coming...no doubt.

the company and the union will probably cut a deal like they did in flints gen bank. they gave the workers in gen several options the most interesting one being putting skilled trades on production until an opening in there classification happens. sounds like the new trades gen bank will be a line job till your trade has an opening this could be on the national negotiation talks any comments out there????

the company and the union will probably cut a deal like they did in flints gen bank. they gave the workers in gen several options the most interesting one being putting skilled trades on production until an opening in there classification happens. sounds like the new trades gen bank will be a line job till your trade has an opening this could be on the national negotiation talks any comments out there????

All I ask is that they keep us working, I personally don't need free money!

Now, GEN I understand. That is a contractual issue with FoMoCo that is easily solved.

Design vehicles people want to buy, get rid of temp workers in favor of seniority full time people that want to transfer to a viable plant, and viola! Problem solved. No more GEN. ;)

And there it is!!!

What's a "jobs bank"? :headscratch:

PSST.....Hey Guys I just robbed the "Jobs Bank", and man do I need to get rid of some of these babies. Do you guys know of anyone that might be interested? I've got all kinds of Jobs, good, bad, easy, hard, low paying and even some high paying. I'm letting these Jobs go for pennies on the dollar, so if you know of anyone.... let me know.

Edited by mrballsonya

PSST.....Hey Guys I just robbed the "Jobs Bank", and man do I need to get rid of some of these babies. Do you guys know of anyone that might be interested? I've got all kinds of Jobs, good, bad, easy, hard, low paying and even some high paying. I'm letting these Jobs go for pennies on the dollar, so if you know of anyone.... let me know.

ROFLMAO!!!!! :hysterical:

Now, GEN I understand. That is a contractual issue with FoMoCo that is easily solved.

Design vehicles people want to buy, get rid of temp workers in favor of seniority full time people that want to transfer to a viable plant, and viola! Problem solved. No more GEN. ;)

what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford paid $ 900 million over the last contract that's peanuts to what there gonna make. Plus there was 80,000 now thers about what 40 maybe 45,000. And by 2011 maybe 35-38,000. 10,000+ people have 30+ years still after the buyouts. So figure $ 400 million over 4 years and there gonna cut most line speeds so they will have minimum downweeks anyways. The GEN will be for 10+ year employees only and will be a carrot for us to take the buydown. You may have to move after 6 months though but it aint going nowhere guaranteed. They wanted 30,000 cuts in the US and Canada and they got 35 just in the US so right now there gonna be 7-10,000 short by SEPT. Which means new hires and they will have no gen.

In 97 Avon made about 210,000 vans and we had at least 6 downweeks

Last year they made about 175,000 vans and worked 10 hrs a day most of the year with alot of saturdays and no down weeks, because they dropped the linespeed from 57 to 45, they are and will do this to almost every plant. The ones left better expect 10 hour days as the norm which means more money but less time off.

Its sad really...

Henry Ford realized that turnover absolutely KILLED any sort of quality in the manufacturing process.

His solution was $5 a day, what a deal, but not by today's standards.

Modern (American) solution is a temp area where skilled trades are sent when no work is available so that they don't lose the knowledge, USA! USA! USA !

No wonder Toyota is profitable, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean Manufactuing, Pull-type Distribution and Marketing, TPS (Toyota Production System), all these processes would let a four year old build a car with the same quality, over and over again.

Its about being repeatable, that's what creates new business and holistically growing customer base, and that's what enables better benefits and the like.

Hi, my name is mexico.. i heard you had jobs you were looking to get rid of.. i can take em..