Focus Station Wagon

The initial announcement on the 2008 Focus listed 2DR. and 4DR. models. There was no listing for the Station Wagon body style. Will a Station Wagon be added at a later date?

Not until 2011/12 when the real Focus is offered in North America. The up coming not so real confused looking does't even resemble Focus 2008 is sedan and coupe only.

Edited by MKII

There is not a single Focus Wagon left in central Ohio, so we are now looking at the Chevrolet HHR. It is kind of ugly, but very practical.

The Focus Wagon was allowed to stagnate, but I think Ford has misread the market for small wagons.

They sure have- totally stupid move- small cars are riding a wave and what do the idiot planners do? Abandone a hot segment. The wagon was a great car.- decent looks and functional. They seem to go out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot.

They sure have- totally stupid move- small cars are riding a wave and what do the idiot planners do? Abandone a hot segment. The wagon was a great car.- decent looks and functional. They seem to go out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot.

but they didn't sell...at least not in high enough numbers or for enough money to justify big updates....

FORD:

Our Focus wagon has been a real jewel overall for us.... too bad you decided not to continue a successful model as i see them ALL the time and for their size are very useful, good on gas and provide a good alternative to the imports... but now... no more...

Sorry, Ford you may have lost my wife as your next customer since you offer NO WAGONS other than SUV's and she does want one...

VW Jetta... VW Passat... just to name a couple...

Wishing you'd not ignore the wagon folks, as they certainly would fit into the CAFE standards.......

Thanks!

There is not a single Focus Wagon left in central Ohio, so we are now looking at the Chevrolet HHR. It is kind of ugly, but very practical.

The Focus Wagon was allowed to stagnate, but I think Ford has misread the market for small wagons.

Ford is supposed to start importing the Euro Transit Connect as an 08 model. For utility, it should fill in nicely for the Focus wagon until its return and beat the HHR. Igor knows more about it...

Are you kiddin' me?

Transit%20Connect%201.gif

uh, no thanks... , but in person maybe looks a bit better, but i think this is a weak attempt. :finger:

Let's see, (Ford Management thought process...) we could bring the Transit or the Mondeo and new Focus to the US, .... let's choose the Transit cuz the designs of the Mondeo and Focus are too nice for the US buyers...

:shades:

Are you kiddin' me?

Transit%20Connect%201.gif

uh, no thanks... , but in person maybe looks a bit better, but i think this is a weak attempt. :finger:

Let's see, (Ford Management thought process...) we could bring the Transit or the Mondeo and new Focus to the US, .... let's choose the Transit cuz the designs of the Mondeo and Focus are too nice for the US buyers...

:shades:

The Transit Connect is for the people using the Focus wagon for commercial uses. Obviously it won't work for personal uses very well.

As far as the other Euro stuff, hopefully under Mullaly & Fields, future products will be co-developed and we won't have a completely different Fusion/Mondeo and C1/C170 Focus.