A better Union

Harry Bennet

The subject of how stupid the UAW national/local leadership in different forums so I propose this forum for ideas the UAW (or any union) could use in this climate to help.

I propose these rule changes to better engage the rank and file

1) any FULL TIME officer, (that is any hourly employee who is removed from production/trades for full time union duties) elected or appointed, who is eligble for retirement CANNOT hold ANY FULL TIME office after the current term ends.

I feel many officers, ecspecially the appointed officers (safety, workstandard, benefit reps, vice chairpersons), stay and stay doing less and less while many workers NEVER get a chance to be considered.

Why participate in a union that you will never get to hold office in?

Might as well be a republican

What was the point of 30-and-out if you don't use. Its like men and abortion rights

2) TERM LIMITS: No member can hold the same office for more than 3 consecutive terms. 3 term limit would not apply to another ELECTED posts. 3 term limit would apply to any appointed post

A committee person could become vice chair to chair person in 9 terms, (and repeat the cycle ad nauseum) but not safety rep to work standards to ESSP rep

Again, to foster more involvement.

The click of officers seem to never expand, the appointed positions go to former chairmen and committee men

Bet you cannot name one appointed officer with less than 25 years

Please post your ideas or Flame mine if you must

and Yes, I am NOT a union member

senoirity_ that is what rules. i was a production worker of over 25 years, my chairman always considered employees, who have done hard time on the floor, should be considered for a union appointment. if i stay past my 30 years, that should not be anyone's business but mine, and until you walk a mile in my shoes, don't be concerned about how much time i have on the job!!!!!! :angry:

senoirity_ that is what rules. i was a production worker of over 25 years, my chairman always considered employees, who have done hard time on the floor, should be considered for a union appointment. if i stay past my 30 years, that should not be anyone's business but mine, and until you walk a mile in my shoes, don't be concerned about how much time i have on the job!!!!!! :angry:

I strongly disagree. Seniority does not equal smart. My stepfather worked 38 years for Chrysler and barely spoke english with a 3rd grade education. I wouldn't have him negotiate anything dealing with my future. If you have 25 years in, and you took it upon yourself to further your knowledge, then you deserve the job. If you are getting appointed because you have 25 years in, well, therein lies our demise.

The subject of how stupid the UAW national/local leadership in different forums so I propose this forum for ideas the UAW (or any union) could use in this climate to help.

I propose these rule changes to better engage the rank and file

Please post your ideas or Flame mine if you must

and Yes, I am NOT a union member

(1) Propose that the elected union officers and appointed post the hours they are paid on plant bulletin boards (Rank and file hours paid are posted so should the UAW officers).

(2) Propose if elected union officers and appointed are on Ford's payroll or are being paid with membership dues they must spend up to 70% of there time in the plant to be available to the rank and file workers on the line and they must provide a contact telephone/pager number during there paid hours.

Currently most chairman/presidents, committee persons and appointed reps are rarely seen but are being paid up to 80 hours a week. Some are even known to run there own a personal side business while on Ford/UAWs payroll.

I strongly disagree. Seniority does not equal smart. My stepfather worked 38 years for Chrysler and barely spoke english with a 3rd grade education. I wouldn't have him negotiate anything dealing with my future. If you have 25 years in, and you took it upon yourself to further your knowledge, then you deserve the job. If you are getting appointed because you have 25 years in, well, therein lies our demise.

i did not mean for an appointment to someone who cannot do the job, but to someone who can and put has their time in on the floor.to give a job to a person with 1 or 2 years is not a good thing. they do not know what the union is suppose to be about, but if a younger member wants to run an elected office, i say more power to him or her. :)

Unlike the USA, the UAW (and this would never pass for the reason I suggest it be instituted) should put in the contract that on election days for union positions, the company "will make hours no longer than 4 per shift!" To get your other 4hrs pay, you must VOTE. No diciplinary action will be taken for not voting, you just lose the 4hrs pay!!!!

Why that???? Because the union panders to deadbeats cause they know they will vote. A regular worker very seldom cares who is in office since they use the UAW services possibly 1 to 2 times a year. If they did vote, how many of the people you now have in office do you believe would hold the position??? Once more, if while in office they do something shady to protect a deadbeat over a good/regular worker, they will be history next time around. Why? Cause there are more good/regular workers than there are deadbeats, they just aren't as motivated as they are cause they are not asking anyone to take care of em. Basically insist they go to the pols and guess what, many sitting reps, you got a problem.

One thing I have noticed, regardless of race, gender, sexual preference, or religious believes------->99% of good/regular workers feel the same way about deadbeats, THEY DESPISE THEM!!!

P.S. If Ford wanted to help themselves remove protection from deadbeats, they might insist this themselves in the next contract, lololol.

Unlike the USA, the UAW (and this would never pass for the reason I suggest it be instituted) should put in the contract that on election days for union positions, the company "will make hours no longer than 4 per shift!" To get your other 4hrs pay, you must VOTE. No diciplinary action will be taken for not voting, you just lose the 4hrs pay!!!!

Why that???? Because the union panders to deadbeats cause they know they will vote. A regular worker very seldom cares who is in office since they use the UAW services possibly 1 to 2 times a year. If they did vote, how many of the people you now have in office do you believe would hold the position??? Once more, if while in office they do something shady to protect a deadbeat over a good/regular worker, they will be history next time around. Why? Cause there are more good/regular workers than there are deadbeats, they just aren't as motivated as they are cause they are not asking anyone to take care of em. Basically insist they go to the pols and guess what, many sitting reps, you got a problem.

One thing I have noticed, regardless of race, gender, sexual preference, or religious believes------->99% of good/regular workers feel the same way about deadbeats, THEY DESPISE THEM!!!

P.S. If Ford wanted to help themselves remove protection from deadbeats, they might insist this themselves in the next contract, lololol.

I totally get that

I was in DTP when the plant contract was voted on, the first time, after being neogoiated for 6 months

failed like 230 to 300

then some language was added for the parking lot

and it passed 300 to 220

There is something like 2200 brothers and sisters in this plant

the whole bargaining committee tied up for 6 months,

would also like to see greivances and discipline actions posted toegther

then everyone could see all the horse trading, pennies on the dollar

Seniority don't rule the market place (look at Ranger sales) B)

I don't want to fly on a plane where the pilots and mechanics should have retired :o

I don't want a doctor or lawyer that should have retired :huh:

Let's not go to drivers who should be retired

You want your kids' teacher to have be old enough to retire but keeping a younger teacher from a job because seniority rules?

If seniority rules so much, buy my Pinto

Who wants a car or truck built by a bunch of grandpas and grandmas?

ain't no one lining up for that

Seniority don't rule the market place (look at Ranger sales) B)

I don't want to fly on a plane where the pilots and mechanics should have retired :o

I don't want a doctor or lawyer that should have retired :huh:

Let's not go to drivers who should be retired

You want your kids' teacher to have be old enough to retire but keeping a younger teacher from a job because seniority rules?

If seniority rules so much, buy my Pinto

Who wants a car or truck built by a bunch of grandpas and grandmas?

ain't no one lining up for that

How about this one....when the layoffs hit, you don't do it by seniority you do it by Discipline ,attendance and how many jobs an Individual knows. That way you are left with the cream of the crop that wants to work. I mean can you really tell me that a guy with 20 years who knows 1 job and misses 1-2 days every week is better than a guy with 10 years who knows 7-8 jobs and shows up every day. O.K. let the attacks begin.

How about this one....when the layoffs hit, you don't do it by seniority you do it by Discipline ,attendance and how many jobs an Individual knows. That way you are left with the cream of the crop that wants to work. I mean can you really tell me that a guy with 20 years who knows 1 job and misses 1-2 days every week is better than a guy with 10 years who knows 7-8 jobs and shows up every day. O.K. let the attacks begin.

Honestly I do not think anyone needs to worry about a company wide swap. They have enough problems right now and that will only cause more headaches. My own opinion is I have 11 years and if I get hit by something as retarted as a company wide shuffle then so be it. People that have 20 or 30 years of time in is they're business and not mine. As for the ones that miss work on a regular basis I am sure that when they redo the contract in Jan. of 06 something will be written about that in particular. That problem alone is what drags the plants down. Not just DTP ok but all of them.

And it is not a question of who is better... who is willing to learn is what they want. One things for sure the jobs we do now is much easier than back in the 20s or 60s time.

Honestly I do not think anyone needs to worry about a company wide swap. They have enough problems right now and that will only cause more headaches. My own opinion is I have 11 years and if I get hit by something as retarted as a company wide shuffle then so be it. People that have 20 or 30 years of time in is they're business and not mine. As for the ones that miss work on a regular basis I am sure that when they redo the contract in Jan. of 06 something will be written about that in particular. That problem alone is what drags the plants down. Not just DTP ok but all of them.

And it is not a question of who is better... who is willing to learn is what they want. One things for sure the jobs we do now is much easier than back in the 20s or 60s time.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for the higher seniority. I just don't think it should be the sole basis for keeping your job IF you never show up to do it. So yes, I hope something is done in 06 about the problem of attendance. There are deadbeats all through the seniority and none of them realize how good they have it. They would rather "work" the system than work thier job, and that brings all of us down. Do I like having to work afternoons and see my family on the weekends only? No, but I still drag my butt to work and do the job or jobs I get paid for. Why can't everyone?

Now days if you did not have deadbeats there would not be a reason for the union.

Ford has allowed these problems to persist and the local union officers use the deadbeats to there advantage.

The good workers go to work, do there job and go home. They do not live and breath Ford or the UAW.

They have to make up for the bad workers but they are at fault for not speaking up.

i'd sign up twice for that one.

i have 6 yrs in and have never missed a day that wasnt excused and i've never been late at this job or any other i've ever had. i've done more jobs in my area and others have... but at the end of the day when/if layoffs come, with only 6yrs, i'll be out pretty quick with less then 150 under me.

DTPM and Dearborn Derek,

Nice to see some reasonable younger workers on here, and believe you are an asset to our company.

As far as using records for at least partially deciding who should get to keep their job, while I am an old guy (in your eyes anyway, lol) I happen to agree with you.

Unfortunately, the UAW ain't going (did I just write ain't??? OMG) to let that one by without a fight, and they have a negotiation tool to hit Ford over the head with on this one. Let me tell you why-------->Uncle Bill is in a rush, and to big a rush to implement his plan is not a good thing. It is a known fact throughout salary that cuts 99% of the time come to the younger supervision. Uncle Bill doesn't realize that inside his salary ranks he has good supervision, decent supervision, and then some garbage supervision. Let me also add, just like in hourly, seniority means zilch as far as whos who in these three ranks.

Now then, when you clean out an attic or a basement, do you A----->just pick everything up willy nilly and throw it in the dumpster regardless of worth until you clear some out, or B------->Keep everything old assuming it is worth something, or c--------->pick and choose what is worth the most, than degrade your choices as you go along because you have extra space???

The union will hit them over the head with their own actions if they keep supervisors who are basically worthless to the company, and get rid of those who hourly will work for, and have few complaints from workers in labor relations.

How can the glasshouse demand satisfaction from the union as far as "specific performance" from its hourly, when it doesn't demand the same thing from salary??? When it comes to salary cuts, Uncle Bill needs to rethink not so much how many, but who to cut!!!!! (hey Uncle Bill----->We believe you are a smart man sir. You don't actually think that your supervision are all of the cookie cutter variety and are interchangeable parts do you? You don't think that all supervision is able to get its bluecollar workeforce to work as hard, or do special things in the same manner do you? Knowing you are very smart, if you do believe such a thing, it must be because someone(s) in the layer right below you is spoonfeeding you a line of poo-poo. He/she/they may think they are doing you a favor, telling you such a bold faced lie to keep you calm, but if this plan fails; do you want it to fail soley because to many of the salary left is mistrusted, disliked, and known as incompetent throughout your plants? We need people that everyone has confidence in, that will build a TEAM atmosphere, not a dictatorship that they run totally, screwing it up in the process, then of course blaming the outcome on us, lolol)

On top of that, salary works just like us line workers in certain respects. A deadbeat, incompetent, unliked salary worker gets an edict from on high and screws it up, and the head of that department can't stand the fact that the "clusterf***" reflects on him/her. So what do they do! They mobilize the GOOD part of the departments salary team to fix it. Now I ask----->who is going to do that when Uncle Bill forgets to check who is worth doo and who is not; and has accidently thrown many of them out the door with the garbage???

Now you know the hammer the union will use to again; PROTECT DEADBEATS. The sorry thing is, Ford upper management will create that hammer for them.

Edited by Imawhosure

Just one simple thing that needs to be changed:

Get rid of all Appointed Positionsat all levels, period. How can you trust someone who has politicked enough to get people to appoint them to a position?

To quote David Broder:

"Anyone that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years organizing and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office."

P.S. - Want to say a big hello to all you National and Regional boys who have been calling the plant all interested about me. Hi!

Kzinti, say it ain't so please!!!! Are you telling all of us that "certain" people inside our union are attempting to ask questions about you??? For shame, for shame. Thoust art a bad influence. I don't have to fret that problem, my union president already knows who I am, and unlike phony UAW policy, he believes in diversity creates strength.

We all know the UAW diversity policy which is written, but has anyone seen the unwritten policy......hidden away from prying eyes?

Well I haven't either, lol....but we can surmise what is says, lolol

Here it is--------------->Just take diversity policy, then at the end add this------------>Unless they are a conservative, or have any free thinking ability; meaning they aren't totally buying into our bullshit. Also, although we love blacks, women, Jews, Gays, Hispanics, White guys, Asians, lesbians, Nazis, Communists, Transvestites, Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, dope addicts, drunks, sober people, liberals, etc, etc, etc, and we prove it through our great, inclusive, policy....put anyone of em in a foreign car, and they are to be treated like Rosa Parks, cause they are the scourge of the earth, lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gee, wonder how they handle a handicap sticker on a foreign car?????????????????

I would like to see an Open Shop

I giggle when I imagine the UAW having to compete with IBEW, CAW, and the teamsters for members

If the UAW can organize graduate students, shouldn't the National Educators Association be right to organize the paint shop?

Imagine an election, not just with caucuses but completely different unions

Retirees should only be allowed to vote for retiree chairman. They no longer have to deal with the other elected officals, and in most cases they don't even know the younger people running. They mainly vote for old friends and acquaitances.

New hires should have at less 90 days senority to vote.

Temporary workers should not be allowed to vote at all.

Reason for these:

Our last eletion was determined by these factors, the workers in the plant where out voted by people that didn't understand what was going on in the plant. There were alot of temps, and new hires that had relatives that were elected officials. They were actually told who to vote for.

Retirees should only be allowed to vote for retiree chairman. They no longer have to deal with the other elected officals, and in most cases they don't even know the younger people running. They mainly vote for old friends and acquaitances.

New hires should have at less 90 days senority to vote.

Temporary workers should not be allowed to vote at all.

Reason for these:

Our last eletion was determined by these factors, the workers in the plant where out voted by people that didn't understand what was going on in the plant. There were alot of temps, and new hires that had relatives that were elected officials. They were actually told who to vote for.

Right on bro!!! Must be from Lorain. I was just going to post that exact idea. Not to knock retirees, but after years away from the job, they really have no clue as to what is REALLY happening on the floor, or how the elected officials are conducting business inside the plant. Same goes for TPT's, short term or long, no clue whatsoever, no vote whatsoever.

A good read!!!

A Brief History of the Labor Movement

The ancestry of our country’s trade unions extends far back into the early history of America. Many of the Pilgrims arriving at Plymouth Rock in 1620 were working craftsmen. Captain John Smith, who led the ill-fated settlement in 1607 on Virginia's James River, pleaded with his sponsors in London to send him more craftsmen and working people. Essentially he was looking for the first journeyman.

Primitive unions, or guilds, of carpenters and cordwainers, cabinet makers and cobblers made their appearance, often temporary, in various cities along the Atlantic seaboard of colonial America. Workers played a significant role in the struggle for independence; carpenters disguised as Mohawk Indians were the "host" group at the Boston Tea Party in 1773. The Continental Congress met in Carpenters Hall in Philadelphia, and there the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776. In "pursuit of happiness" through shorter hours and higher pay, printers were the first to go on strike, in New York in 1794; cabinet makers struck in 1796; carpenters in Philadelphia in 1797; cordwainers in 1799. In the early years of the 19th century, recorded efforts by unions to improve the workers' conditions, through either negotiation or strike action, became more frequent.

By the 1820s, various local labor unions involved in the effort to reduce the working day from 12 to 10 hours began to show interest in the idea of federation- “joining together in pursuit of common objectives for working people.â€

As ineffective as these first efforts at labor union organizing may have been, they reflected the need of working people for economic and legal protection from exploiting employers. The invention of the steam engine and the growing use of water power to operate machinery were developing a trend toward a factory system not much different from that in England which produced misery and slums for decades. Starting in the 1830s and accelerating rapidly during the Civil War, the factory system accounted for an ever-growing share of American production. It also produced great wealth for a few, grinding poverty for many.

With workers recognizing the power of their employers, the number of local labor union organizations increased steadily during the mid-19th century. In a number of cities, unions in various trades joined together in citywide federations. The Nation Labor Union, (actually a federation - an organization of local unions) formed in 1866. The NLU eventually persuaded Congress to pass an eight hour day for Federal workers. Never very strong, it was a casualty of the sweeping economic depression of 1873. It was the first attempt at labor law within America.

Five years later, the Knights of Labor captured the public imagination. Formed in 1869 by Uriah Stephens and expanded rapidly under the leadership of Terrance Powdery, the Knights were an all-embracing organization committed to a cooperative society. Membership was open to all workers, whether they be skilled or unskilled, black or white, male or female. The Knights achieved a membership of nearly 750,000 during the next few years, but the skilled and unskilled workers who had joined the Knights in hope of improvement in their hours and wages found themselves fragmented by the rift between skilled and unskilled workers. Skilled workers tired of labor activity on the part of unskilled workers who were easily replaced. The Knights, an effective labor force, declined after the Haymarket Square riots. In the riot members of the Knights of Labor where accused of throwing a bomb which killed police officers. The Knights, already fragmented, were faced with enormous negative publicity, and eventually disbanded.

The American Federation of Labor (half of today’s AFL-CIO giant) was founded by Samuel Gompers in 1886. He entered the cigar-making trade and received much of his education as a "reader" (a worker who read books, newspaper stories, poetry and magazine articles to fellow employees to help break the monotony of their work in the shop) and became a leader of his local union and of the national Cigar Makers Union.

A statement by the founders of the AFL expressed their belief in the need for more effective union organization. "The various trades have been affected by the introduction of machinery, the subdivision of labor, the use of women's and children's labor and the lack of an apprentice system-so that the skilled trades were rapidly sinking to the level of pauper labor," the AFL declared. "To protect the skilled labor of America from being reduced to beggary and to sustain the standard of American workmanship and skill, the trades unions of America have been established." Thus the AFL was a federation that organized only unions of skilled workers. (They still do to this day.)

The Pullman Strike in 1894, at the Pullman plant near Chicago, the American Railroad Union (not affiliated with the AFL and led by Eugene V. Debs, a leading American socialist) struck the company's manufacturing plant and called for a boycott of the handling of Pullman's sleeping and parlor cars on the nation's railroads. Within a week, 125,000 railroad workers were engaged in a sympathy protest strike. The government swore in 3,400 special deputies; later, at the request of the railroad association, President Cleveland moved in federal troops to break the strike-despite a plea by Gov. Aitgeld of Illinois that their presence was unnecessary. Finally a sweeping federal court injunction forced an end to the sympathy strike, and many railroad workers were blacklisted. The Pullman strikers were essentially starved into submissive defeat.

The strike illustrated the increasing tendency of the government to offer moral support and military force to break strikes. The injunction, issued usually and almost automatically by compliant judges on the request of government officials or corporations, became a prime legal weapon against local union organizing and action.

A better method of federal intervention occurred during a 1902 strike of anthracite coal miners, under the banner of the United Mine Workers. More than 100,000 miners in northeastern Pennsylvania called a strike on May 12, and kept the mines closed all that summer. When the mine owners refused a UMW proposal for arbitration, President Theodore Roosevelt intervened on Oct. 3, and on Oct. 16 appointed a commission of mediation and arbitration. Five days later the miners returned to their jobs, and five months later the Presidential Commission awarded them a 10 percent wage increase and shorter work days-but not the formal union recognition they had sought.

In 1911 a fire broke out at the Triangle Shirtwaist Co. on New York's lower east side. About 150 employees almost all of them young women-perished when the fire swept through the upper floors of the loft building in which they worked. Many burned to death; others jumped and died. Why so large a casualty list? The safety exits on the burning floors had been securely locked, allegedly to prevent "loss of goods." New York and the country were aroused by the tragedy. A state factory investigation committee headed by Frances Perkins (she was to become Franklin Roosevelt's secretary of labor in 1933, the first woman cabinet member in history) paved the way for many long needed reforms in industrial safety and fire prevention measures.

Another of the historic industrial conflicts prior to World War I occurred in 1912 in the textile mills of Lawrence, Mass. It was led not by an AFL union but by the radical Industrial Workers of the World - the IWW, or the Wobblies, as they were generally known - an organization in frequent verbal and physical conflict with the AFL and its affiliates. The strike in Lawrence started when the mill owners, responding to a state legislature action reducing the work week from 54 to 52, coldly and without prior notice cut the pay rates by a 31/2 percent. The move produced predictable results: a strike of 50,000 textile workers; arrests; fiery statements by the IWW leaders; police and militia attacks on peaceful meetings; and broad public support for the strikers. Some 400 children of strikers were "adopted" by sympathizers. When women strikers and their children were attacked at the railroad station by the police after authorities had decided no more youngsters could leave town, an enraged public protest finally forced the mill owners not only to restore the pay cuts but to increase the workers' wages to more realistic levels.

Congress, at the urging of the AFL, created a separate U.S. Department of Labor with a legislative mandate to protect and extend the rights of wage earners: a big step for union and employment labor law.

For more go to this site,,

(taken from www.socialstudieshelp.com/Eco_Unionization.htm

A good read!!!

A Brief History of the Labor Movement

Congress, at the urging of the AFL, created a separate U.S. Department of Labor with a legislative mandate to protect and extend the rights of wage earners: a big step for union and employment labor law.

For more go to this site,,

(taken from www.socialstudieshelp.com/Eco_Unionization.htm

Uh, thanks

:blink:

Anything happen since then? Nothing remarkable?

So what was your proposed by-law? History lessons?

further on this site

The third and possibly the most important reason for the decline in unions is that they are victims of their own success. Unions raised their wages substantially above the wages paid to nonunion workers. Therefore, many union-made products have become so expensive that sales were lost to less expensive foreign competitors. And nonunion producers. This resulted in companies having to cut back on production, which caused some workers to lose their jobs, and hence, unions some of their members.

Not too hard to agree with, wonder what your Chairperson is doing about this? Helping Joe Cokehead get his job back after a year of rehab? Careful with that Hi-Lo

Maybe their son or daughter got to the front of the line of TPTs?

Bet you a 2nd stage greivance that the author of that site drives a Honda or Toyota

Uh, thanks

further on this site

The third and possibly the most important reason for the decline in unions is that they are victims of their own success. Unions raised their wages substantially above the wages paid to nonunion workers. Therefore, many union-made products have become so expensive that sales were lost to less expensive foreign competitors. And nonunion producers. This resulted in companies having to cut back on production, which caused some workers to lose their jobs, and hence, unions some of their members.

Not too hard to agree with, wonder what your Chairperson is doing about this? Helping Joe Cokehead get his job back after a year of rehab? Careful with that Hi-Lo

Maybe their son or daughter got to front of the line of TPTs?

Bet you a 2nd stage greivance that the author of that site drives a Honda or Toyota

I believe it's time to quit responding to Harry Bennett.

Uh, thanks

further on this site

Maybe their son or daughter got to the front of the line of TPTs?

Man you need to wake up, I thought it was a good informative article, sorry you didnt (no I am not)

Why dont you research what he drives, I am sure it is a high quality domestic.

Oh so there are no drug addicts in no-union shops, YAH RIGHT, maybe you should get out more, cause if you think it only goes on in union shops, then you really dont have a clue.

Man you need to wake up, I thought it was a good informative article, sorry you didnt (no I am not)

Why dont you research what he drives, I am sure it is a high quality domestic.

Oh so there are no drug addicts in no-union shops, YAH RIGHT, maybe you should get out more, cause if you think it only goes on in union shops, then you really dont have a clue.

the non-union shops I have worked at also have the drunks and druggers and they get fired

But they stay fired

No-shows, medical frauds, bereavement frauds, multipule arrests and jail trems also get fired

The principal of NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY seems the only UAW principal management has adopted

There's an example:

The 500 was released under powered and with a boring design

Any product managers get fired? NO just like a stoned hi-lo driver or no show line worker

The New Explorer door trim is unuseable, go see one at a dealership,

The D&Rs, supervisors, plant people told the program the doors sucked

a resdeign is already set for next year

Any one fired? no

I have not heard back from David M who hosts that web site, he has not updated it since 2001

Maybe its wrong to generalize but a Long Island school principal would proabbaly buy a Honda or Toyota IMO

Accord, Camry, and Corrola are high quaility domestics so you may be right

or maybe he does not own a car, pretyy likely if he is in NYC

If your point is 'we don't know enough of the labor movements history and the UAW's history to appreciate what previous brothers and sisters have earned FOR US' then I agree with you completely

after all I post as HARRY BENNETT