Will Black Interior be offered soon?

bvega50

I want to buy an F250 SD Crew Cab 4X2 but we dont like the light interior colors of grey and tan. Will there be a more durable color offering like a dark charcoal or black. We would like to have black plastic panels and seats, kind of like the harley davidson addition being offered in Job 2.

Should we wait until 2009? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. When is that new Scorpion motor going to be released and is it built all by Ford or should we be happy with the Navistar 6.4L?

I know that you can get all black interior on the FX4 pkg. You can get leather or cloth. Not for sure on the 2 wheel drive models.

I am in the same boat. My wife doesn't like the Lariat cab colors, especially the dash and the "wood grain" on the instrument panel. We looked at the FX4, but it doesn't have some of the Lariat features like the enhanced message display, the homelink the auto mirror (and I suppose the reverse camera), power rear window.

We though about the Harley Davidson, but we also need a snow plow package.

Looks like my options are settle for the multi-color Lariat cab (in a $50,000 truck), go Dodge, or wait and see what 2009 brings.

Sure wish they would upgrade the options available on the FX4.

there are simular issues on the Dodge & Chevy. sounds like minor items? I got the FX4 because i wanted no chrome & Black interior. that's major items to me but i understand everybody is different. you can bet there will be changes. they will take place the year model after you buy your truck...whichever brand. That's called marketing

Good Luck

1 2nd the FX4 package on a Lariat! The gray and tan interiors are great too, but its nice to have the black interior option. (I made my current 350 dually a black interior, not a cheap project).

I actually dont get it since they make the '08 Harly Davidson edition now and it looks like it has an all black interior (panels, carpet, dash etc) so the parts designed and are being produced. The leather seating isnt a big deal because that can be put in with better aftermarket leather but you would think "Super Duty" would provide for a choice of a more "durable" color. Plus I think an all/mostly black interior looks cleaner.

1 2nd the FX4 package on a Lariat! The gray and tan interiors are great too, but its nice to have the black interior option. (I made my current 350 dually a black interior, not a cheap project).

Do they still have a grey interior? I'd even be willing to take that over tan, although I sure would like something in place of the Lariat "wood". All I have seen in the trucks I've looked at is "tan", and the brochure I have only shows Tan and Medium Stone options. As for the Harley package, it doesn't seem that it is available on an F-450, either.

Edited by Dano959

"Medium Stone" is basically gray interior, and is available on most lariats (just depending on what exterior color combination you go with).

Interesting, since the Dark Stone Metallic paint is brown........ Guess I'm going to have to hit the dealers again. And, I confirmed that the Harley package is only available on the SRW trucks (of which a F-450 is not).

• 2 weeks later...
I want to buy an F250 SD Crew Cab 4X2 but we dont like the light interior colors of grey and tan. Will there be a more durable color offering like a dark charcoal or black. We would like to have black plastic panels and seats, kind of like the harley davidson addition being offered in Job 2.

Should we wait until 2009? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. When is that new Scorpion motor going to be released and is it built all by Ford or should we be happy with the Navistar 6.4L?

That seems odd that they would not have a dark charcoal or black interior color option.

Checked out the 08s at the RV show this weekend. The gray was OK, loved the FX4 charcoal, but as mentioned before not available in lariat. Over all, I was not "wowed" like I thought I would be giving me less reason to trade out of my 04 with a custom black interior. But I will admit, there are some pretty nice features on the 08s.

I ordered a new FX4 because I wanted the black interior. I wasn't too happy with the painted front grille and non-chrome bumpers. Reminds me of the base model GMC 2500HD work truck that I have right now but I hope to get over it. I had to have black. Those light colors in the other models just show the dirt too easily.