Support Canada's Troop's

stapworker

Online Petition to rename section of 401

If you support the Canadian troops please show it by following the link above to a online petition to rename a section of highway 401 from Trenton to Toronto in honour of the fallen Soldiers. The proposed name is Highway of Heroes

Altho your intentions might be noble, this is a total waste of time. I know it's not, but it sounds like the work of a pious, useless American politician.

Wanna "support the troops?" Don't send them 6000 miles away to kill, maim, destroy, and die.

Altho your intentions might be noble, this is a total waste of time. I know it's not, but it sounds like the work of a pious, useless American politician.

Wanna "support the troops?" Don't send them 6000 miles away to kill, maim, destroy, and die.

so you're saying that America and Canada should have have stayed home and not participated in WW1 and WW2?

If you support the Canadian troops please show it by following the link above to a online petition to rename a section of highway 401 from Trenton to Toronto in honour of the fallen Soldiers. The proposed name is Highway of Heroes

Sorry I won't take a look. Heard about this on the news. McGuilty is thinking this may get him some votes right before the October election. He just wants to rename the highway? What about some rest areas with information on our troops or a Wall of Memory or something more than just renaming a piece of ashphalt???

Wait, we have rememberance day every year on, wait do you know, NOVEMBER 11. The last decade of Rememberance Day events I have gone to have not been shown much support as few people show up, especially when it rains!

This Liberal idea is just another lazy way to show they are thinking of doing something before another election. Why not think of this while the Ontario Parliment was in session? Piss on McGuilty!!

Where is the petition against this dumb proposal?????????????

See ya all on November 11 Rememberance Day.

I did not start the petition but I did sign it and provided the link here because a lot of Canadians use this web sight. I am proud to say that I support the Troops, I am a former Canadian Forces Member.

You may not support the particular battle the troops are in but you should support someone that is willing to give there life so that you have the right to bad mouth them. That is exactly what they are doing, keeping the bad guys across the ocean so that they don't attack here and take away your freedom of speech.

Was Canadian soil attacked? No. But Canadians where killed in the attacks so Canada had the right to retaliate.

Is McGuinty renaming for votes? No. He is doing it to show respect.

Ontario government has officially announced section of 401 to be renamed 'Highway of Heroes'

To compare WWI and WWII to Iraq well that's just sad.

Canada's troops are in Afghanistan dumbfuck.

Get a clue.

ANd the reason they are in Afghanistan is the exact same reason they were in Europe during WW2. They are there to free the oppressed. Did you know that the Taliban kills women that dare go to school?

My god you're a dumbfuck. Read a friggin newspaper and figure out what the issue is. This is not about what Americans are doing in Iraq. Its about supporting Canadain troops that are not anywhere near Iraq.

Good thing you're in the CAW. You're obviously too fucking dumb to get a job that pays that well on your own.

I think it's safe to say that Afghanistan is the good fight and that what Canadain troops are doing there is a noble endeavour.Our troops should be supported and respected in that fight.

As for the Premier, I think that was just a crass political move to capture votes.This could have been done 6-12 months ago.

Get a clue.

ANd the reason they are in Afghanistan is the exact same reason they were in Europe during WW2. They are there to free the oppressed. Did you know that the Taliban kills women that dare go to school?

My god you're a dumbfuck. Read a friggin newspaper and figure out what the issue is. This is not about what Americans are doing in Iraq. Its about supporting Canadain troops that are not anywhere near Iraq.

Good thing you're in the CAW. You're obviously too fucking dumb to get a job that pays that well on your own.

And I thought you were an American talking about Iraq.

It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

Although this poem is written by an American I believe it's values are for all soldiers who will fight for the rights of all people.

Edited by stapworker

Highway 416 from the 401 to Ottawa was re-named Veterans Memorial Highway in 1999. How about making the Highway of Heroes the whole 401/20 highway from Windsor to Gaspe? How would you say that in Quebecois? Route des Heros? (acute accent over the "e" in heros.)

Edited by Trimdingman

I did not start the petition but I did sign it and provided the link here because a lot of Canadians use this web sight. I am proud to say that I support the Troops, I am a former Canadian Forces Member.

You may not support the particular battle the troops are in but you should support someone that is willing to give there life so that you have the right to bad mouth them. That is exactly what they are doing, keeping the bad guys across the ocean so that they don't attack here and take away your freedom of speech.

Was Canadian soil attacked? No. But Canadians where killed in the attacks so Canada had the right to retaliate.

Is McGuinty renaming for votes? No. He is doing it to show respect.

In the U.S., many in the military come from poor or lower working-class backgrounds. The military is, for some, the only way out of poverty. Or it's a way to get college money (which has many restrictions).

Or, the military is a legal way to kill people and destroy things. Spare me the bullshit about someone "...giving their life so that you have the right to badmouth them."

I live in the U.S., and you don't. I know Americans well. Here's what your counterparts in the U.S. are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan: killing & maiming people, and creating more terrorists. As Donny Rumsfeld said, "For every one we kill, we create ten more."

17 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudis. Why didn't Canada attack Saudi Arabia?

Highway 416 from the 401 to Ottawa was re-named Veterans Memorial Highway in 1999. How about making the Highway of Heroes the whole 401/20 highway from Windsor to Gaspe? How would you say that in Quebecois? Route des Heros? (acute accent over the "e" in heros.)

Quebeckers have been against every armed conflict for the past 100 years.

Don't know if they'd go for your idea (but it is a good one)

In the U.S., many in the military come from poor or lower working-class backgrounds. The military is, for some, the only way out of poverty. Or it's a way to get college money (which has many restrictions).

Or, the military is a legal way to kill people and destroy things. Spare me the bullshit about someone "...giving their life so that you have the right to badmouth them."

That may arguably be the way today (many are entering the U.S. Forces trying to net the $20,000 immediate ship out bonus), but to say

Spare me the bullshit about someone "...giving their life so that you have the right to badmouth them."

and applying that to all of the historical armed forces that the Highway of Heroes wants to commemorate is quite simply rude. In the older wars, people fought for the defense of their country and for the honor of their country.

Get a clue.

:slap: :hysterical: