More on the next Fiesta

igor

One of the camouflaged pics showed what seems to be the bumper, which obviously needed to be implemented. Also show some bar going across the upper grille opening. I guess that huge lower front fascia might be lost due to fed regulations on bumpers.

One of the camouflaged pics showed what seems to be the bumper, which obviously needed to be implemented. Also show some bar going across the upper grille opening. I guess that huge lower front fascia might be lost due to fed regulations on bumpers.
the mule is production ready - so you can see the opening is there .. it is just a tad smaller and has a mounting "bar" for front license plate.

The top grille seems a little larger and possibly with a slat through it .. similar to the concept - but the opening is bigger - this should give it more subdues look more acceptable to the masses.

The US-spec bumper might be different .. we will see in November and January.

Igor

I just looked at the camo pics... Ford will probably keep the big grille but part of it may cover the front of the bumper bar with no air holes in the area of the grille that covers it. As it looks on the camo picture the grille seems missing exposing the bumper bar in the opening. It's been done before on some cars, particularly Chryslers.

So we may not get a 3 door model? That will suck!

Count the number of 3 door B cars on the market.

I think Kia & Hyundai might still have 3 door B hatches, but nobody else does.

Not like there would likely be much difference between the 3 and 5 door anyway. Much like the Focus ZX3/ZX5 they will probably be identical save for the number of doors, so I don't think we'll be losing anything as far as the look of the profile goes.

Count the number of 3 door B cars on the market.

I think Kia & Hyundai might still have 3 door B hatches, but nobody else does.

Actually no Kia, but add the baby Toyota:

2007.toyota.yaris.20028773-E.jpg

If you move up into the C-Class however, you add several sporty-style 3-door hatches. Mini Cooper, Hyundai Tiburon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Saturn Astra, VW Rabbit, VW New Beetle, & Scion tC.

I hope that 3- & 5-door hatches find their way back to the US with the next Focus...I'm glad that more people of my generation are open to hatchbacks: they're very practical and can be very stylish. I'll just blame the baby boomers for the lack of hatches - they're easy targets.

Scott

Yea, ALL Toyota's are ugly, but the Yaris sedan is even worse, there is only so small you can go in a sedan before it looks ridiculous..

yeah i really agree... these tiny B-class sedans are a joke. How are the companies going after these rather than decent 3 and 5-door hatches? Hatches are much more convenient and much better looking.

Hopefully a tombstone. Who the heck even puts Suzuki on their shopping list??

you obviously have not driven the Vitara, XL7 or the SX4 ... those TRUE (well XL7 about 60% true) Suzukis are great cars to drive ... And the Swift in Europe is a huge hit .. Suzuki is a pretty good automaker - unfortunately in US GM was crippling it to no end.

Igor

you obviously have not driven the Vitara, XL7 or the SX4 ... those TRUE (well XL7 about 60% true) Suzukis are great cars to drive ... And the Swift in Europe is a huge hit .. Suzuki is a pretty good automaker - unfortunately in US GM was crippling it to no end.

Igor

You're right. And I hope I never do drive them. Suzuki screams "cheap mother fucker" to me, unless it only has 2 tires.