05/06 Navigator MPG??

1tufgt

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at getting a 05/06 vs the 03/04s because they came with the 6 speed instead of a 4 speed which was suppose to help a little bit with the gas mileage. Could anyone that has one tell me what kind of MPG they are getting? Thanks.........

I think I'm getting like 14.3 MPG w/ probably 95% city driving in my 04 Expy. I'm not sure about the Navis though. I'd assume, as you said, the 6-speed would help mileage.

Check that from a rolling stop when you hit the gas the tranny shifts ok. Then, take it on the freeway up to about 65-70, turn off the a/c and radio, listen for wind noise from the mirrors. Ttry the breaks and make sure it doesn't pull to the left or right. If all those check out and it has not been in a wreck or flood, I'd say ask for a big discount and your good to go.

Check that from a rolling stop when you hit the gas the tranny shifts ok. Then, take it on the freeway up to about 65-70, turn off the a/c and radio, listen for wind noise from the mirrors. Ttry the breaks and make sure it doesn't pull to the left or right. If all those check out and it has not been in a wreck or flood, I'd say ask for a big discount and your good to go.

Well I wish I could test it out, but the problem is that tis 300 miles from me. :finger:

I've gotten the carfax and a autocheck for it and it checks out to be good and is a 1 owner vehicle that was "purchased" and not leased like most of the ones I've found.

It only has 27k miles and is priced really good for a 05 from what I've been able to find.

Well I wish I could test it out, but the problem is that tis 300 miles from me. :finger:

I've gotten the carfax and a autocheck for it and it checks out to be good and is a 1 owner vehicle that was "purchased" and not leased like most of the ones I've found.

It only has 27k miles and is priced really good for a 05 from what I've been able to find.

The 05's do not have a 6 speed tranny its a 4 speed. Only the 07, 08's.

The 05's do not have a 6 speed tranny its a 4 speed. Only the 07, 08's.

LOL, yes they do...........

The 05/06 Navigators have 6-speed trannys.

Now the 05/06 Expeditions don't, they still had the 4 speed and didn't switch over till 07.

Edited by 1tufgt

BEWARE OF CARFAX!!!

Just because it says it hasn't been in a wreck... doesn't mean it hasn't.

I drove a loooong way the other day to look at a used 2007 Expedition. Well after close inspection on a lift I could see that it had been in a MAJOR collision. Carfax had reported that all was well. I sent them a letter asking for a refund for the carfax and have yet to hear back from them.

At any rate I ended up buying a new 2008 instead. Buyer Beware!

BEWARE OF CARFAX!!!

Just because it says it hasn't been in a wreck... doesn't mean it hasn't.

I drove a loooong way the other day to look at a used 2007 Expedition. Well after close inspection on a lift I could see that it had been in a MAJOR collision. Carfax had reported that all was well. I sent them a letter asking for a refund for the carfax and have yet to hear back from them.

At any rate I ended up buying a new 2008 instead. Buyer Beware!

Thanks for the warnings..........

Thanks for the warnings..........

carfax info is slow to update.....

my 06 navi, purchased as leftover in march this year, has the 6 speed tranny, personally i dont think it s done anything for mpg. the tranny does have a learning curve i think for it s driver. i have about 8k on odo now, mpg probally about 15mpg.

part i dont like is gas tank has been shrunk, 28 gallons now. previous 3 navi s if i recall were 32 gallons plus ? seems like i m at the gas station every 2 - 3 days now when i use as commuter vehicle.

nice ride thou, best out all all ive had........a 98 , 01 , 03.

i ve seen plenty of low mileage navi s around here, soccer moms no doubt. my 01 and 03 went back with less than 30k on odo after 3 year lease.

the 03 came with 3 years free maintenance, so was dealer maintained you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

ask for a oasis report from the service department. i believe that would show least 10 months of service or so.

good luck ! !

carfax info is slow to update.....

my 06 navi, purchased as leftover in march this year, has the 6 speed tranny, personally i dont think it s done anything for mpg. the tranny does have a learning curve i think for it s driver. i have about 8k on odo now, mpg probally about 15mpg.

part i dont like is gas tank has been shrunk, 28 gallons now. previous 3 navi s if i recall were 32 gallons plus ? seems like i m at the gas station every 2 - 3 days now when i use as commuter vehicle.

nice ride thou, best out all all ive had........a 98 , 01 , 03.

i ve seen plenty of low mileage navi s around here, soccer moms no doubt. my 01 and 03 went back with less than 30k on odo after 3 year lease.

the 03 came with 3 years free maintenance, so was dealer maintained you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

ask for a oasis report from the service department. i believe that would show least 10 months of service or so.

good luck ! !

Where are you located at?? I have a tough time finding used Navigators in my area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm looking at getting a 05/06 vs the 03/04s because they came with the 6 speed instead of a 4 speed which was suppose to help a little bit with the gas mileage. Could anyone that has one tell me what kind of MPG they are getting? Thanks.........

Greetings,

Any Ford you buy get the VIN and ask for an Oasis report. That will tell you ever Ford performed mechical repair ever performed. If they tell you that it does not go back more than 6 months or something they are either lieing or do not know how to get the Full History of the Oasis report.

You can go to my web site http://timlist.net/diesel_trucks/diesel_trucks_forums.html and go to any number of Ford forums and someone will run an Oasis for you if you have the Vin#. All 17 digits.

Carfax may help you. Oasis Will help you unless the work was done in the last 24 hours or something...

Peace and Blessings