Avon,Wayne,Louisville 1,800 jobs

CSMJ

According to today's paper Avon Wayne or Louisville will be getting 1,800 jobs and a huge expansion.

I believe the new vehicle will be the next gen. Ranger and Explorer but who knows. Ford will most certainly choose Avon for several reasons. For starters Avon is the biggest plant Ford has in terms of land, and there is several hundred acres they can purchase if they choose. And Avon is getting the Transit to go along with the EVan.

Also Avon has a huge industrial parkway for suppliers so does Lorain. This plant will be modeled after the chicago expansion plan having most suppliers within 1 mile of the plant.

Ford has been rumored to be putting in a stamping plant on this site for years now.

And Avon unlike other plants is not land locked like Louisville is there is anywhere between 3-500 hundred acres of farm land surrounding the plant if not more!!!!!!

Ohio will come in with a tax abatement for Avon/Brookpark/Lima/Sharonsville and Walton Hills.

And since these autos will be using the 3.5L V6 rearwheel drive engine from Brookpark (20 miles away)this will figure in to the equation.

But I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to today's paper Avon Wayne or Louisville will be getting 1,800 jobs and a huge expansion.

I believe the new vehicle will be the next gen. Ranger and Explorer but who knows. Ford will most certainly choose Avon for several reasons. For starters Avon is the biggest plant Ford has in terms of land, and there is several hundred acres they can purchase if they choose. And Avon is getting the Transit to go along with the EVan.

Also Avon has a huge industrial parkway for suppliers so does Lorain. This plant will be modeled after the chicago expansion plan having most suppliers within 1 mile of the plant.

Ford has been rumored to be putting in a stamping plant on this site for years now.

And Avon unlike other plants is not land locked like Louisville is there is anywhere between 3-500 hundred acres of farm land surrounding the plant if not more!!!!!!

Ohio will come in with a tax abatement for Avon/Brookpark/Lima/Sharonsville and Walton Hills.

And since these autos will be using the 3.5L V6 rearwheel drive engine from Brookpark (20 miles away)this will figure in to the equation.

Please post a link! We were given a bulletin stating that a slew of state repss were in our plant to discuss bringing in new work!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Perhaps it is the Ford Transit Van from Europe?

It has to be more then just that. The transit will take away from the Evan, I don't see them selling 200,000 transits and keep there 180,000+EVans. It's gonna be the explorer/ranger.

With the VEBA assured and job guanantees coming bank on it being these 2 vehicles on 1 platform and an article last week said the explorer was going on a unibody full frame by 09. Funny the EVan and the Transit already are on one.

It has to be more then just that. The transit will take away from the Evan, I don't see them selling 200,000 transits and keep there 180,000+EVans. It's gonna be the explorer/ranger.

With the VEBA assured and job guanantees coming bank on it being these 2 vehicles on 1 platform and an article last week said the explorer was going on a unibody full frame by 09. Funny the EVan and the Transit already are on one.

That's an oxymoron! It has to be one or the other, unless you mean something simular to that piece of sh-t design that the Ridgeline sits on! That's hardly a frame!

I would assume the new vehichle would be body-on-frame. Michigan Truck can build unibodies, so I do not think that Ford would invest mucho bucks to create another plant that is unibody capable. If it were the Exploer/Ranger at OHAP, it would probably spell the end of Louisville. Ford probably does not want to add capacity- they have a lot of idle plants (Wixom, Atlanta, St. Louis, Twin Cities, Norfolk). I would guess that this move at OHAP is to make the plant more flexible. The 1,800 jobs probably would be mostly suppliers.

Someone told me yestersday that on oct 10th , Moley (granholm), Mullally, and someother high end person will be in Wayne for some type of an announcement. We figured it was to Close the doors........... Maybee we are wrong and will be surprised with a new unit.

AVON not likely. Someone just retired after 41 years and told my dad that Avon is stuck. They can't do what they wanted because there is no room. They never should have moved everything from Lorain to there. They should have stayed at Lorain and closed Avon. The only reason Avon stayed open is because they got a huge tax incentive. Lorain was too slow in offering one to Ford so they lost out. They did finally offer one, but it was too late.

AVON not likely. Someone just retired after 41 years and told my dad that Avon is stuck. They can't do what they wanted because there is no room. They never should have moved everything from Lorain to there. They should have stayed at Lorain and closed Avon. The only reason Avon stayed open is because they got a huge tax incentive. Lorain was too slow in offering one to Ford so they lost out. They did finally offer one, but it was too late.

With all due respect...you are WRONG ! There is a lot of dirt there for an expansion. I don't know who told you, but with 41 years, I can see why they know it all. Please let the Avon / Lorain BS stop. News flash--Lorain is gone. You can cry what if all you want :

What if Lorain gave Ford the tax break blah,blah, blah.

Think about this..What if worms had machine guns...Birds wouldn't fuck with them !

If you look on a Lorain County map, there is NOTHING south of the plant. There is mucho free land for suppliers.

Yes, most of the additional jobs would be suppliers. But the way things are here a lot of people would love an opportunity for a $12/ hr job. If I could get $15 / hr I'd shut down my business and go back to punching a timeclock.

well, just to put my two cents in, yes every plant , has its's pro's and cons, but what everyone thinks louisville being landlocked, well wether ford owns the property lap sits on, or it is leasing it from ups, Right now there is hundreds and hundreds of acreage behind ktp, plus this is still in jefferson county, so tax incentives and so forth would be the same as the property it sits on now. They also have a new stamping plant of their own , they are also supposed to be putting in a state of the art laser body shop, which no other facilities , has , plus they are about rdedo or update their paint dept, that is alot of work being done at ktp , just for super duty's, they can easily build a shell of a building on ktp property, and makr it like a mini rouge complex. Which has everything right there on property as i understand, this has been rumored to happen aprrox 6-7 years ago about louisville future. didn't they just idle some plants or they still going to happen, so that would mean more stock and items would have to be shipped in. T hey could easily, close lap and send their products to ktp, they can also close avon lake and send their vehicles to ktp and they can also take mtp 's vehicle and also send them to ktp, now that is flexable, plus ky has already given money to upgrade ktp just recently , plus thay also have at least 300 million or more waiting for ford to fix up lap or as i stated move it to ktp and consoldate, anything is possible who knows what will happen, all you can do is show up every day and do your job.

If you look on a Lorain County map, there is NOTHING south of the plant. There is mucho free land for suppliers.

Yes, most of the additional jobs would be suppliers. But the way things are here a lot of people would love an opportunity for a $12/ hr job. If I could get $15 / hr I'd shut down my business and go back to punching a timeclock.

Read it again. 1,800 jobs at Avon and it will double the membership= UAW auto jobs like u and I. A new vehicle line so people will be transfering to Avon. These are not supplier jobs there Ford/UAW jobs. Expansion means expansion of the assembly plant also. Ford owns more land at the Avon complex then any complex in the world. Supplier jobs will be added to the 1,800 auto jobs. So whichever plant gets this this is a really BIG deal.

And MTP will be getting the F150 from KC so there's your announcment. KC will close or get the new Crown Vic or possibly the Mustang/Interceptor which is the new crown vic.

QUOTE(CSMJ @ Sep 5 2007, 08:10 PM)

Ford owns more land at the Avon complex then any complex in the world.

I don't know about that. Ford owns 1200 acres at the KCAP complex.

Site sizes are listed HERE http://media.ford.com/facilities/index.cfm...p;make_id=trust Avon Lake is not the largest. Kentucky has 81 acres more (419 vs 500) KCAP blows both away at 1269 acres.

According to the Lorain County auditor's records, Ford Motor Company owns 4 parcels in the county, totalling 411.102 acres.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0300009000024 ABBE RD SEE COMBINATION 1/8/91 SEE COMBINATION 2/28/91 BOR

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0300010000032 ABBE RD BOR TY 05/06-106

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0300032108050 WALKER RD BOR TY 05/06-108

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0400005000090 650 MILLER RD BOR TY 05/06-107

Search performed on 9/5/2007 10:50:20 PM EDT

with Owner = FORD MOTOR

Ford may very well have negotiated purchase options on some local farmland but it does not appear that they own any more than the stated +/- 400 acres.

Edited by Mr.Roboto

QUOTE(CSMJ @ Sep 5 2007, 08:10 PM)

Ford owns more land at the Avon complex then any complex in the world.

Site sizes are listed HERE http://media.ford.com/facilities/index.cfm...p;make_id=trust Avon Lake is not the largest. Kentucky has 81 acres more (419 vs 500) KCAP blows both away at 1269 acres.

According to the Lorain County auditor's records, Ford Motor Company owns 4 parcels in the county, totalling 411.102 acres.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0300009000024 ABBE RD SEE COMBINATION 1/8/91 SEE COMBINATION 2/28/91 BOR

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0300010000032 ABBE RD BOR TY 05/06-106

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0300032108050 WALKER RD BOR TY 05/06-108

FORD MOTOR COMPANY 0400005000090 650 MILLER RD BOR TY 05/06-107

Search performed on 9/5/2007 10:50:20 PM EDT

with Owner = FORD MOTOR

Ford may very well have negotiated purchase options on some local farmland but it does not appear that they own any more than the stated +/- 400 acres.

Point being? There is still plenty of room to build in Avon! If KY gets anything out of the deal it will be what's left of the Econoline cutaways! :hysterical: They have already secured tax abatements from our state!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Someone told me yestersday that on oct 10th , Moley (granholm), Mullally, and someother high end person will be in Wayne for some type of an announcement. We figured it was to Close the doors........... Maybee we are wrong and will be surprised with a new unit.

I think the other high end person is going to be Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny himself..! :yahoo:

I doubt if Wayne is closing. Granmole only shows up AFTER plants closes as she did with Volkswagen and Phizer.

Point being? There is still plenty of room to build in Avon! If KY gets anything out of the deal it will be what's left of the Econoline cutaways! :hysterical: They have already secured tax abatements from our state!

I agree that there is PLENTY of room. I live not 15 minutes from Ohio Assembly and own a business that services the entire area. I was simply refuting the statement that Ford owns more land.

If the vehicle is the Transite it will most likly go to Avon because our paint shop is the only one currently big enough to paint it and they can build a new body shop to handle both vans at once lord knows the one for econoline needs updating. If it's the ranger/F100 it prob ally will go to Kentucky and be part of the explorer platform like I heard it was. And if it's a car it will probally go to Michigan. i'm sure they allready know where they want it to go there just seeing if anyone else put's up really good numbers for them.