Bought out Ford employees A plan.

unionj

From what I gathered when many of us accepted the buyout our A plan privilige would remain for life.

If so does anyone know how to get a pin as access to the site has been removed. Thanks. :shrug:

No you lost your A-plan when you took the buyout, they always stated this!!! They don't want you to have a deal on a Ford, more reason to buy the other guy's car's.

No you lost your A-plan when you took the buyout, they always stated this!!! They don't want you to have a deal on a Ford, more reason to buy the other guy's car's.

If you took the Educational buyout the two or four year you retain your A plan status as long as you are fulfilling your eductional commitment. That was stated on the papers I signed as part of the deal. After you are done with school or you opt our on school and fall back on the 100k buyout you then loose your A plan status.

I was told flat out by both HR and my UAW local that when I took the STEP buyout I lost my A/X plan priveleges. I see now that I still have them. Thanks for the tip!

Can't figure out how to do an attachment for a scan of the pages, but the following is in writing from the actual packet describing the various programs for buyout options.

Last paragraph in STEP information under Vehicle Programs :

"An employee who terminates under the STEP will remain eligible for A Plan privileges under the same term and conditions as an active UAW employee".

Same provision and wording applies under the ESTEP, FSP (Family Scholarship Program) information as well.

Under EDOPP and FEDOPP information, exact wording is: "A Plan privileges will continue".

post-22747-1189688359.jpg

Edited by foglight

I took the STEP buyout from Sandusky effective April 1, 2006. There is no reference to A plan privileges one way or the other on any of the paperwork. I was told verbally by HR and the UAW Local that my A Plan privileges were gone. I'll bet a lot of people (potential customers) out there don't know they're still A Plan eligible.

Edited by Never too old