Police using new (08) Fords as undercover units

rmc523

Also, I had to chuckle at this, "trying to force people into mediocre FWD alternatives."

Nobody was forcing anybody into anything. People gladly, willingly, eagerly bought front wheel drive vehicles from Honda and Toyota that got better gas mileage and were more reliable, and safer by far in snow than the antiquated poorly sprung live axle RWD sedans from GM, Ford, and Chrysler. There was no 'forcing' of anything.

I call going from a..say..90-100% RWD biased car lineup to a 80% FWD car lineup in the 1980's FORCING people into FWD. Blame CAFE, automakers, whomever else you like. And the FWD offerings in the late 1980's, were pathetic at best.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call going from a..say..90-100% RWD biased car lineup to a 80% FWD car lineup in the 1980's FORCING people into FWD. Blame CAFE, automakers, whomever else you like. And the FWD offerings in the late 1980's, were pathetic at best.

You could also argue that before then, people were being forced into RWD cars. Today you have a choice of either.

You could also argue that before then, people were being forced into RWD cars. Today you have a choice of either.

Yeh but until recently when GM produced a Cadilac with it, you could not get a FWD with a V-8. With the exception of a Oldsmobile Toronado of coarse, but that was over 30 years ago and didn't go over so well!