Just picked up the Mrs. new 2008 Cadillac CTS

DoubleD

I've never understood that attitude. It isn't a zero-sum game. It's possible to like Lincoln and Cadillac (and any other make for that matter) at the same time. I like both the new CTS and the MKZ and look forward to seeing the MKS.

I agree. I like both of them. I think the MKS should be a great car for Lincoln.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently saw the new CTS. Nice, nice, nice. The Cadillac that zings! (Oh wait - that was the Caterra)

And I like the Zephyr, er, I meant MKZ as well. Totally different animals. But I do agree with whoever earlier said that that difference between the MKZ and Fusion is about the same as the difference between the Granada/Versailles

The MKS is where Ford is going to have to pull out all the stops. MKZ is great for what it is but it's not quite what Lincoln needs right now.

^ Now that's funny. The MKZ doesn't even closely fall within the same realm as the Versailles. I strongly suggest you look at a Versailles/Granada and the Fusion/MKZ, because its not like Ford took a waterfall grille and faux 'hump' and applied it to the Fusion's styling all while using the exact same interior with a few wood applique stickers.

post-16299-1121371498_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, it seems like to me that the CTS and MKZ are two totally different cars aimed at two totally different groups of driver. If I had to choose one, it'd be the MKZ hands down. That car is a proven performer, reliable, well made and for my money is a nice car for a great price. For a gen-1 version of a Ford Product it's a great platform to build off of.

That being said, I like the new CTS as well, except for the shape of the back door windows which look like they were grafted off of a '65 Galaxie. They just don't seem to really fit the rest of the design, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either. What is a deal breaker for me is Cadillac's notorious reliability problems. We have several Cadillacs in our fleet and except for a couple, they are pretty trouble prone.

I do wish Ford would have continued building the 2002 Lincoln Continental. That's been my favorite car in Lincoln's lineup over the past 10 years. I'm looking for a silver one now as it's time to bid the Jeep a fond farewell and to update my '88 Town Car. If I can't find the Continental I want and the lease rates are attractive I may be saddled up in an MKZ before all is said and done.

What is a deal breaker for me is Cadillac's notorious reliability problems. We have several Cadillacs in our fleet and except for a couple, they are pretty trouble prone.
You might want to take a look at JD Power and Associate's dependability survey to get a broader scope of Cadillac's reliability. They are in 3rd place - only a little behind Lexus.