GM ON STRIKE!!!

Xtremesynthetic

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I never thought in a million years that this what was going to happen. This is a crushing blow two both sides!! This makes us all look bad in the publics eye.

Anyone who criticize you must be made to understand that you are being forced into it, to preserve your wages. Let them here what was already propagated by Detroit news, that they are after 30% of your compensation! They had a choice to bargain in good faith!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I'm all for doing what it takes to get a good contract but what image does it send when maybe a few dozen people are picketing on TV (CNBC) but hundreds of cars are hauling ass out of the parking and leaving the area?

I guess they are going home to put their picket clothes on and not looking at this as a day to go home early? I would think some unity would be nice during a strike but maybe I'm wrong.

Before you flame I'm on your side but the GM employees need to realize they just jumped into a media fishbowl.

Good luck!

Edited by Automotive Paint

Anyone who criticize you must be made to understand that you are being forced into it, to preserve your wages. Let them here what was already propagated by Detroit news, that they are after 30% of your compensation! They had a choice to bargain in good faith!

You like to use the saying "bargaining in good faith". That does not include giving in to the Unions demands. It is not 1957, times have changed. The union has priced itself out of the market, forcing the companies to look elsewhere for labor. This is the beginning of the end for the UAW. :stirpot:

You like to use the saying "bargaining in good faith". That does not include giving in to the Unions demands. It is not 1957, times have changed. The union has priced itself out of the market, forcing the companies to look elsewhere for labor. This is the beginning of the end for the UAW. :stirpot:

You don't have a clue. GO AWAY SCAB!!!!! :slap:

post-16299-1121395839_thumb.jpg

post-18882-1190651734_thumb.jpg

post-18882-1190651752_thumb.jpg

post-18882-1190651795_thumb.jpg

post-18882-1190651817_thumb.jpg

The beginning of the end was when Hermisillo opened a Ford plant. This is a stake to preserve what we have. Unlike previous contracts they are looking for concessions, the UAW is not making demands they are trying to preserve what we have already been given!

It's amazing that we bitch and complain about how lazy and greedy our Union has become and the moment they finally show a backbone, UAW members are still unhappy. Do us a favor if you don't agree with the UAW, LEAVE! Put on a vest and switch sides already. We've made enough concessions that contradicted the last contract to give up anything more.

Good luck to my Union Brothers and Sisters who work for GM.

Wait just a minute did I hear Ronny say GM wanted to limit profit sharing and that was the big issue.

Why would the company want to limit profit sharing if not for the fact that they know there gonna make near record profits very soon!! :shades: :stats:

Lets see here half the 60% of the workforce is gone since 1999 when we got $8,000 avg. So when they make the same amount as 1999 we would get over $21,000 avg. check right??? $8000 X 110,000 workers=almost $900 mills. 900 mills /42,000=almost 900 mills.

The union needs to do a better job explaining the issues to the media!! Maybe hire a professional PR person.

I'm all for doing what it takes to get a good contract but what image does it send when maybe a few dozen people are picketing on TV (CNBC) but hundreds of cars are hauling ass out of the parking and leaving the area?

I guess they are going home to put their picket clothes on and not looking at this as a day to go home early? I would think some unity would be nice during a strike but maybe I'm wrong.

Before you flame I'm on your side but the GM employees need to realize they just jumped into a media fishbowl.

Good luck!

You need to understand that they have to remove their vehicles from the plant lot go to the local to get the picket schedule. They cannot remain parked on the company lot during a strike. They make picket schedules, delegate food and beverage, and breaks for those on the line. But once again someone from the outside assumes they know how it all works.

It's amazing that we bitch and complain about how lazy and greedy our Union has become and the moment they finally show a backbone, UAW members are still unhappy. Do us a favor if you don't agree with the UAW, LEAVE! Put on a vest and switch sides already. We've made enough concessions that contradicted the last contract to give up anything more.

Good luck to my Union Brothers and Sisters who work for GM.

I don't think any of these ney sayers work at Ford, they are generally anti-union all together. Soon they will be a slave to the imports as they find contempt for the domestics and their employ!

The UAW is fighting the right fight, but at the wrong time. :shades: Outside of the Rust Belt, not many people will be supporting labor. Most people feel that the companies needs concisions and support from the UAW.

If the strike goes more than a week, the Big 3 will lose more customers that will not come back for years. If the strike goes on for more than a month, the Big 3 will move the plants outside of the UAW reach.

At least the profit sharing issue was agreed upon. :hysterical:

You know I never thought in a million years that this what was going to happen. This is a crushing blow two both sides!! This makes us all look bad in the publics eye.

You guys are always talking about how we look to the public, I could care less about what they think. We all work very hard to build quality vehicles, and the people that think less of us probably wouldn't last 5 min on a auto assembly line. This type of work is so different from any work I have ever done. I have seen so many people quit because they could not handle the work on the line. We will not back down because they want to take! take! take!

Wait just a minute did I hear Ronny say GM wanted to limit profit sharing and that was the big issue.

Why would the company want to limit profit sharing if not for the fact that they know there gonna make near record profits very soon!! :shades: :stats:

Lets see here half the 60% of the workforce is gone since 1999 when we got $8,000 avg. So when they make the same amount as 1999 we would get over $21,000 avg. check right??? $8000 X 110,000 workers=almost $900 mills. 900 mills /42,000=almost 900 mills.

The union needs to do a better job explaining the issues to the media!! Maybe hire a professional PR person.

From what I saw on the press conference, Gettlefinger said that when the company appeared to be stuck on the issue of a cap on profit sharing is when the Union realized further talks were going to be difficult. The company was already showing opposition on negotiations that should have been simple. I figure they wanted the UAW to agree to to capping the profit sharing allowance, showing that the company was coming for everything, not just health benefits.

You need to understand that they have to remove their vehicles from the plant lot go to the local to get the picket schedule. They cannot remain parked on the company lot during a strike. They make picket schedules, delegate food and beverage, and breaks for those on the line. But once again someone from the outside assumes they know how it all works.

Thanks. I do hope they turn out in big numbers because I believe this is going to be the mother of all labor contracts.

Good Luck!

I have been repeatedly criticized because I asserted that they are not reporting their financial position accurately. And I also asserted that they would report a profit after negotiations were over! I guess we will see soon!

The UAW is fighting the right fight, but at the wrong time. :shades: Outside of the Rust Belt, not many people will be supporting labor. Most people feel that the companies needs concisions and support from the UAW.

If the strike goes more than a week, the Big 3 will lose more customers that will not come back for years. If the strike goes on for more than a month, the Big 3 will move the plants outside of the UAW reach.

At least the profit sharing issue was agreed upon. :hysterical:

What was the agreeement on the profit sharing? I haven't heard anything and would like to be up-to-date on information.

LETS BE REAL JUST FOR A MOMENT!! BOTH THE UAW AND MANAGEMENT COME TO THESE AGREEMENTS AND BOTH HAVE THE ABILITY TO APPROVE OR DENIE THESE CONTRATS. BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THEY NEED TO START WORKING TOGETHER, AND BE HONEST AND OPEN ABOUT ALL ASPECTS OF THE CONTRACT.

THE UNION ALSO HAS NOT PRICED IT SELF OUT OF THE MARKET. NO ONE CAN COMPETE WITH THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES ON WAGES AND BENEFITS. FREE TRADE IS ALSO A LARGE STICKING POINT, WHEN YOU HAVE TO ALL THESE FOREIGN CAR COMPANIES BRING THEIR PRODUCTS IN OUR COUNTRY FOR FREE AND WE GET STUCK PAYING ALL KINDS OF TARIFFS WHEN WE BRING OUR PRODUCTS INTO THEIR COUNTRY'S THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR.

HEALTHCARE IS REALLY REDICULAS, THIS IS SUCH AN EASY SUBJECT TO SOLVE BUT BECAUSE OF POLITICS THEY WON'T FIX THIS PROBLEM. I MEAN BOTH SIDE ON THIS SUBJECT. YES, ASK ME HOW TO SOLVE IT. I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN ABOUT THIS SEVERAL TIMES.

UAW HAS ALREADY BENT OVER BACKWARDS FOR GM, FORD AND CHRYSLER. LETS GET SOME HELP FROM THE OTHER SIDE FOR ONCE.

WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER ON THIS PEOPLE, THIS IS YOUR FUTURE!!