Why the new Mercedes-Benz ads work

Roadrunner

Advertising for the new C-Class shows instead of just tells. "We did all this work, to give you a quality vehicle."

It presents a logical argument why you should want a Mercedes-Benz, affirms that the brand is a quality vehicle (at a time when the brand has taken a severe beating in Power Rankings) and it is incredibly effective.

The very tagline--

"Why did we do all this work? Because we promised you a Mercedes-Benz."

It says so much in so little. So much in so little.

Do you agree? Disagree? Does it speak to you -- or not?

See, I'm that buyer who works rationally. I want a quality vehicle that presents the correct professional image without being horribly bland (it's why I'm in a Fusion instead of a Camry or Malibu). This ad speaks to me so, so much.

The new Mercedes is one to be taken seriously. I can't even remember an ad for Mercedes to contrast with in the past few months.

It's a shame Lincoln doesn't do things right. Quality is its strong point.

Edited by Roadrunner

Advertising for the new C-Class shows instead of just tells. "We did all this work, to give you a quality vehicle."

It presents a logical argument why you should want a Mercedes-Benz, affirms that the brand is a quality vehicle (at a time when the brand has taken a severe beating in Power Rankings) and it is incredibly effective.

The very tagline--

"Why did we do all this work? Because we promised you a Mercedes-Benz."

It says so much in so little. So much in so little.

Do you agree? Disagree? Does it speak to you -- or not?

See, I'm that buyer who works rationally. I want a quality vehicle that presents the correct professional image without being horribly bland (it's why I'm in a Fusion instead of a Camry or Malibu). This ad speaks to me so, so much.

The new Mercedes is one to be taken seriously. I can't even remember an ad for Mercedes to contrast with in the past few months.

It's a shame Lincoln doesn't do things right. Quality is its strong point.

Agree. It's to the point and says it all.

But if Ford took 14 years to develop a new vehicle and said "Why did we do all this work? Because we promised you a Ford." Everybody here would be going ape shit that they didn't redesign the vehicle after 3 years.

They are good ads and drive home a message but Ford's Superduty commercials were pretty bad ass, too bad I don't see them anymore.

Good ad, but I'm not so hot on the C-class. Or any of their non-AMG cars, for that matter. I still can't believe they sell that many cars here, they're just not that good. There are so many overpriced, unreliable German cars to choose from...and many of them are more fun to drive...

Are these new commercials advertisements for the new C Class? That car is so wrong in so many places.........

At least it is sort of priced accordingly.

I think this is the best-looking C-Class in a very long while. It is a semi-throwback to the great looking late 80s 190 E .

The rounded headlights introduced in 1991/1992 were a failed idea.

Edited by Roadrunner