2009 F150

ray101988

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the truck will be in Detroit - will debut with new V6 and upgraded 5.4l. Production begins in September 2008 - 6.2l v8 added in February 2009. 3.5l Twin Force and 4.4l Diesel added September 2009.

Igor

ugh. so fords making us wait. does that mean that other companies will get ahead and release their diesel first?

We have to wait for the diesel and wait for the 6.2, problem is, the media and the public won't wait.

None of it matters if the new focus design team was let loose on the F-150 though! :hysterical:

the focus should have been done way better, but at least they didn't just do nothing. I might get one after i sell my truck so i can get better mpg since im in college and will be driving home. unless somehow i can manage to justify getting the new F-150. ill try u cant believe that. lol

the focus should have been done way better, but at least they didn't just do nothing. I might get one after i sell my truck so i can get better mpg since im in college and will be driving home. unless somehow i can manage to justify getting the new F-150. ill try u cant believe that. lol

Well they made improvements to the interior, I'm still waiting to see a production one cause the pre-production Focus I saw used some really cheap materials. I also don't understand why they did away with the telescoping steering wheel, that was one of the things which sold me my 02. I'd rather they have left the sheetmetal alone and just worked on the interior.

I'm hoping the 09 F-150 looks incredible, and that they decide not to wait on putting the 6.2 in them.

ugh. so fords making us wait. does that mean that other companies will get ahead and release their diesel first?

well the 6.2l delays is the problem - Toyota and GM already have them. The diesel - Ford should still be first.

the 5.4l will be the Expedition Combo with few additional HP and TQ. The V6 will be a version of the D35 - also probably matted to a 6speed.

I also forgot to mention that a version of the 4.6l will also be there at debut - the Explorer combo.

I believe the 4.6l will be dropped quickly after the additional engines are added - the 5.4l is here to stay for now.

Igor

Edited by igor

well the 6.2l delays is the problem - Toyota and GM already have them. The diesel - Ford should still be first.

the 5.4l will be the Expedition Combo with few additional HP and TQ. The V6 will be a version of the D35 - also probably matted to a 6speed.

I also forgot to mention that a version of the 4.6l will also be there at debut - the Explorer combo.

I believe the 4.6l will be dropped quickly after the additional engines are added - the 5.4l is here to stay for now.

Igor

Hey. Is there any good news? Have you heard bout anything like a hyrbrid or other ways that they might imporve the F150's mpg? Thanks.

Edited by ray101988

Igor

hey. what kind of hp, torque, and mpg would each engine have ballpark?

We ran 6 2009 F-150's 2 weeks ago all the way through, all crew cabs and I think night shift ran a super. Base motor looks to be a 3 valve 4.6, upgraded 5.4, 6.0 due out later with the diesel I am told. All had 6 speed trannies. Truck is all new from A-Post forward. Longer crew cab, and is 2 to 3 inches taller. Tail lights look like a tundra, all were Top of the line King Ranches with all the bells and whistles. Front end has a massive one piece all aluminum radiator support. One thing that concerned me was the steel STAMPED lower control arms instead of the big forged aluminum ones we use now. Interior is awesome. Had fold away box steps behind cab to get into the front of the box, and step tail gate. From what I could see ( alot of wrap on truck, I mean covered) it looks better than the Chevy. I see all this rumour about a September 08 launch, no way. I hear as soon as March or April. We need this out NOW. This thing to me is huge, and I drive an 04 crew cab 4x4.Kansas City F-150 is down this week and next due to inventory and more new tooling upgrades being installed for the 09, have had alot of construction since July, they are in here every day.I hope it's another winner with all these new powertrains.

We ran 6 2009 F-150's 2 weeks ago all the way through, all crew cabs and I think night shift ran a super. Base motor looks to be a 3 valve 4.6, upgraded 5.4, 6.0 due out later with the diesel I am told. All had 6 speed trannies. Truck is all new from A-Post forward. Longer crew cab, and is 2 to 3 inches taller. Tail lights look like a tundra, all were Top of the line King Ranches with all the bells and whistles. Front end has a massive one piece all aluminum radiator support. One thing that concerned me was the steel STAMPED lower control arms instead of the big forged aluminum ones we use now. Interior is awesome. Had fold away box steps behind cab to get into the front of the box, and step tail gate. From what I could see ( alot of wrap on truck, I mean covered) it looks better than the Chevy. I see all this rumour about a September 08 launch, no way. I hear as soon as March or April. We need this out NOW. This thing to me is huge, and I drive an 04 crew cab 4x4.Kansas City F-150 is down this week and next due to inventory and more new tooling upgrades being installed for the 09, have had alot of construction since July, they are in here every day.I hope it's another winner with all these new powertrains.

Lets hope so, thanks by the way.

These jobs were ran through roll test and out the door. My opinion, wont see a 3.5 v6, this thing is to heavy. My opinion.

Just curious. What is done with these early production models? Torn down to assess build quality, used as power-train mules, or maybe crash test vehicles? Do they have VIN's assigned to them?

Edited by Pioneer

If they are running "test builds" now...sounds like the truck will debut in Jan '08, with dealer lots receiving them in march or april as bonafide 2009 models. Lets hope Ford doesn't forget the smaller truck market when F150 moves on up.

i heard its supposed to debut at the detroit auto show in january. so maybe your on to something.

Edited by ray101988

It will still be an August 08 launch. DTP is running 130 or so through the system in January and then the launch team will be doing the 2008.5 launch.These are all just test runs to see how the system handles the new truck. Most of the tooling at DTP did not work when we ran our tests a few weeks ago. Trades will be working on that when we have an extra week off at Christmas.