2009 F150

ray101988

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will still be an August 08 launch. DTP is running 130 or so through the system in January and then the launch team will be doing the 2008.5 launch.These are all just test runs to see how the system handles the new truck. Most of the tooling at DTP did not work when we ran our tests a few weeks ago. Trades will be working on that when we have an extra week off at Christmas.

KCAP has already run some 2008.5 and 2009 ,also ran the 60 year aniversary 2008.5 edition. How many 09 has DTP run so far. Seems hard to believe that they would wait another 7 months from January for the 09 launch. The 09's were evaluation units. I bet they are going to run a limited number of the 60 year aniversary model on the 2008.5 a dive right into the 09 in late first quarter or early second. We had no problems running the 09 through our system.

Edited by kalu

Has anyone heard anything about better mpg? Like a displacement on demand type thing, a hybrid, or anything at all? oh and you said it was heavy, is it heavier then current models? thanks.

Don't know for sure how much heavier, crew cab itself is taller and longer, the wheel base on the crew cab with 6.75 box is of course longer which means more frame also. Add a step tailgate, box side steps, ect. it all adds up.

Wish they would put a straight 4 turbo diesel with about 4.5 liters in it, doubt a straight six would fit. The old 4.9 inline six gas motor was awesome.

Edited by kalu

Just curious. What is done with these early production models? Torn down to assess build quality, used as power-train mules, or maybe crash test vehicles? Do they have VIN's assigned to them?

I suspect all the above, no VIN #'s.Usually her at KCAP we build these early trucks and give them to some guys here that do alot of farming also to run them in the ground so to speak. We then try to improve on what we find to be defficient. For example, on the pn96 model the box was not holding up very well, so parts were slightly re-engineered, or metal thickness added and spot welds added and or relocated. I wouldnt suggest putting a 3000lb+ hay bail in the back of an F-150 but thats what they do.

Edited by kalu

the article is very encouraging! however at this stage of the game ford has to hit a home run with the f150, and releasing redisigned massive, awesome looking f150 that is as usual ! underpowered ! is a play the cannot afford! dammit ford if your going to do this go all the way with it! i want ford to be no#1 . sorry for the rant! i will go back to lurking!

the article is very encouraging! however at this stage of the game ford has to hit a home run with the f150, and releasing redisigned massive, awesome looking f150 that is as usual ! underpowered ! is a play the cannot afford! dammit ford if your going to do this go all the way with it! i want ford to be no#1 . sorry for the rant! i will go back to lurking!

Well, at least it should be equipped with a 6-speed auto at launch. Probably have to wait 6-8 months for the Boss V8s and diesel. The 6-speed alone REALLY woke up the Expedition though, so I'll wait and see to see how it goes.

market domination ! thats the only acceptable strategy ford should be using for the 09 f150! that means complete and total inhalation of the competition! a truck that when presented to the public ,visually stimulates the senses, a truck that when the competition sees it, it knows they have a major problem! this strategy will not work if you give the public the most awesome looking truck they have ever seen and then no engine to back it up! to sum it all up mr.ford its called the total package! thats what kills the compettion the total package! badass truck + badass motor = SALES!

i am a ford consumer, i currently drive a 07 mustang gt, convertable,

my father is a ford consumer ,he is currently driving a 05 excursion with the powerstroke. this is his 2nd excursion.

my mother is a ford consumer, she has a 06 explorer, this is her 3rd explorer

DO THE BEST! SO YOU WILL BE THE BEST! THEN YOU ARE THE BEST!

Edited by fla.boy

market domination ! thats the only acceptable strategy ford should be using for the 09 f150! that means complete and total inhalation of the competition! a truck that when presented to the public ,visually stimulates the senses, a truck that when the competition sees it, it knows they have a major problem! this strategy will not work if you give the public the most awesome looking truck they have ever seen and then no engine to back it up! to sum it all up mr.ford its called the total package! thats what kills the compettion the total package! badass truck + badass motor = SALES!

i am a ford consumer, i currently drive a 07 mustang gt, convertable,

my father is a ford consumer ,he is currently driving a 05 excursion with the powerstroke. this is his 2nd excursion.

my mother is a ford consumer, she has a 06 explorer, this is her 3rd explorer

DO THE BEST! SO YOU WILL BE THE BEST! THEN YOU ARE THE BEST!

Ford has never been a horsepower leader. The lead comes in being able to tow and haul significantly more than the competition. It comes from having the most available configurations, over 1 billion in fact. For is the truck leader.

hey where did u get those, i kinda of like the set up on the right better. less buttons you kno? anyway nice post.

There are less buttons because of the navigation system. I got the future f150 interior from here, and the Expedition from ford.ca

flexinterior.jpg

Still fewer buttons, but the ones on the F150 are obviously for something.

Edited by suv_guy_19

There are less buttons because of the navigation system. I got the future f150 interior from here, and the Expedition from ford.ca

flexinterior.jpg

Still fewer buttons, but the ones on the F150 are obviously for something.

hey. is this suppose to be the f150? it looks rlly good. anyway wont the interiors look diff for the diff trims? nice pics. thx