2009 F150

ray101988

The red interior one looks to have the same audio system, and HVAC controls my 2007 Montego have. Same as 500 then too.

Not that I'm complaining. I have no problems using them I'd be satisfied with a XLT trim level Supercrew and those controls.

Yeah, it does have the same brick, but I'm sure it will be eliminated in the next redesign/refresh of the Expedition.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey. interestig comment about 5.8L and 6.2L. says that there might be both and it sounds like they might mean at launch or close to it. anyone have any ideas or comments? i havnt rlly heard anything about a 5.8 for the 2009 F150 for a while. has anyone else heard anything about a 5.8l? maybe to replace the 5.4 eventually? http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-150-future.html

We ran 6 2009 F-150's 2 weeks ago all the way through, all crew cabs and I think night shift ran a super. Base motor looks to be a 3 valve 4.6, upgraded 5.4, 6.0 due out later with the diesel I am told. All had 6 speed trannies. Truck is all new from A-Post forward. Longer crew cab, and is 2 to 3 inches taller. Tail lights look like a tundra, all were Top of the line King Ranches with all the bells and whistles. Front end has a massive one piece all aluminum radiator support. One thing that concerned me was the steel STAMPED lower control arms instead of the big forged aluminum ones we use now. Interior is awesome. Had fold away box steps behind cab to get into the front of the box, and step tail gate. From what I could see ( alot of wrap on truck, I mean covered) it looks better than the Chevy. I see all this rumour about a September 08 launch, no way. I hear as soon as March or April. We need this out NOW. This thing to me is huge, and I drive an 04 crew cab 4x4.Kansas City F-150 is down this week and next due to inventory and more new tooling upgrades being installed for the 09, have had alot of construction since July, they are in here every day.I hope it's another winner with all these new powertrains.

They made the taillights look like Tundra's?!?!? Yuck!!! I hate those things.

Ford has never been a horsepower leader. The lead comes in being able to tow and haul significantly more than the competition. It comes from having the most available configurations, over 1 billion in fact. For is the truck leader.

Are there really that many different configurations available? Wow.

Edited by rmc523

• 2 weeks later...

As Kula said we ran a few. I did some of the metal finish on both the cab and box and what a nightmare its going to be. Overall I like the new look but it looks to much like the tundra. The character lines run over the wheel wells. Then there are character line running through the tailgate. The lip of the box is concaved outward. The hood looks awesome. I have a 2006 crew cab and I will be getting the 2009 when It comes available. :happy feet:

As Kula said we ran a few. I did some of the metal finish on both the cab and box and what a nightmare its going to be. Overall I like the new look but it looks to much like the tundra. The character lines run over the wheel wells. Then there are character line running through the tailgate. The lip of the box is concaved outward. The hood looks awesome. I have a 2006 crew cab and I will be getting the 2009 when It comes available. :happy feet:

Sweet. Good post. Thanks for the info. I cant wait till its unveiled. So far everyone is saying January. :happy feet:

Can't wait to see the '09. Esp can't wait to see the 5.8 and possibly (?!) 6.0. Unfortunately, I will not be waiting to purchase an '09. Just can't get up the will power to hold off another year. Would xtra HP be nice... sure, but that's what Whipple and Rousch are for! :shades:

Keep up the good work guys & gals, it's greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to see the '09. Esp can't wait to see the 5.8 and possibly (?!) 6.0. Unfortunately, I will not be waiting to purchase an '09. Just can't get up the will power to hold off another year. Would xtra HP be nice... sure, but that's what Whipple and Rousch are for! :shades:

Keep up the good work guys & gals, it's greatly appreciated!

the 2009 is suppose to have better mpg and transmission too :shades:

The interior and front end are going to look just like the expedition. No question about it, every other previous F150 has mirrored the expedition.

DearbornDerek has said numerous times that it wont look just like the expedition. he has worked on the 2009 F150, but I guess well just have to wait and see. :reading:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Ford plans to keep that heavy payload pkg, that came out this year? I am planning to swap out our 250s for the 150s with that 3k payload pkg, over the next couple years. It seems pretty much ideal for what we do with our trucks. As soon as they get that 6 spped auto in there it should be a great pkg.

Does anyone know if Ford plans to keep that heavy payload pkg, that came out this year? I am planning to swap out our 250s for the 150s with that 3k payload pkg, over the next couple years. It seems pretty much ideal for what we do with our trucks. As soon as they get that 6 spped auto in there it should be a great pkg.

I'm not sure, but the diesel theyre putting in the f-150 is suppose to have 320-350 hp and 500-525 lbs tq. Those seem like really good numbers for towing. It suppose to get decent mileage too i think.

The heavy duty package will still be offered.

The heavy duty package will still be offered.

Thats great NEWs !!!!

With the price of Diesel fuel, and the cost of the diesel option skyrocketing, not to mentiont the new clean emmision requirements seemed to have killed any fuel exconomy savings we had with our current 6.0 trucks(17mpg) vs the new 6.4 PSDs(14mpg). I have had to search for a better option, and this new Heavy half F150 looks to be the only player in the heavy half wrok truck market. So I am really happy to here that its going to still be availble in the 09' lineup. I feel that once Ford gets that 6 speed auto in that thing, I will be looking at by far the best truck on the market for my Business needs. Thats great news.

Edited by cc1999

Thats great NEWs !!!!

With the price of Diesel fuel, and the cost of the diesel option skyrocketing, not to mentiont the new clean emmision requirements seemed to have killed any fuel exconomy savings we had with our current 6.0 trucks(17mpg) vs the new 6.4 PSDs(14mpg). I have had to search for a better option, and this new Heavy half F150 looks to be the only player in the heavy half wrok truck market. So I am really happy to here that its going to still be availble in the 09' lineup. I feel that once Ford gets that 6 speed auto in that thing, I will be looking at by far the best truck on the market for my Business needs. Thats great news.

I thought that the diesel was coming out in 2010? Did it get moved up to 2009? That would be awesome. Does anyone know what type of city/highway mileage it would get? Thanks.

I thought that the diesel was coming out in 2010? Did it get moved up to 2009? That would be awesome. Does anyone know what type of city/highway mileage it would get? Thanks.

I am not sure, my refferences were to my current F250 diesels compared to the 08 F250 diesels, and how I am no longer able to consider the F250s, and how great the heavy payload pkg F150 will fit my Business needs moving forward. I made no mention of the F150 Diesel that last I herd was do in 2009-2010MY.

The Heavy Payload pkg F150 is available now as a 2008 with an over 3k payload rating it comes with a 5.4 v8 Gas engine . That payload rating is actually higher then the payload ratings on my cuurrent F250 Diesel delivery trucks. I am moving away from diesel so the setup is perfect, so this new pkg is perfect and in 09 will get even better with the 6 speed auto.

Edited by cc1999

Last I had heard we are set to roll out job 1 in August. We have a bunch of TT builds set up in the next few months as well (about 130 or so are going to be run through system in January).
Thanx DD now it is just a waiting game for me and the 04 will go bye bye!! PS: What is a TT build??

More or less a bunch of pre-production test builds to see how the system handles the new tooling and everthing. The final TT's are also the final production models (09, 09.5 and so forth)
Can u say if I will be able to get the FX-4 with the center console and shifter in an 09 as that is the package I would like???? Thanx DD