Bonuses of Foreign Automakers

slider71

Only a small percentage of Toyota workers are full time. The others don't qualify for the profit sharing with the exception of the UAW represented plants in California.

Toyota Motor Corp., with profits and market share soaring, awarded each of its 5,600 hourly employees at its largest U.S. plant in Georgetown, Ky., an average of $10,131 for 2005.

"hourly" employees to me means people on the payroll, not just full time or salaried employees. I'd have to assume that covers most employees - temp employees are considered "hourly" as far as I know.

"hourly" employees to me means people on the payroll, not just full time or salaried employees. I'd have to assume that covers most employees - temp employees are considered "hourly" as far as I know.

Temps are considred hourly. When my firm passes out bonuses, we generally also give the long-term temps something as well.

Temps are considred hourly. When my firm passes out bonuses, we generally also give the long-term temps something as well.

Go to www.uawtmmk.com and ask the hourly Toyota workers at Georgetown, they'll know for sure. Labor Warrior will be happy to answer anything you want to know about working at Toyota.

• 2 months later...
I guarantee the W2's are still much smaller bonus or not.

As a TMMK employee in Georgetown, KY - I can assure you that my bottom line is much lower than yours. You see, Toyota include these "bonuses" as part of our hourly rate when it comes time to compare us to you guys, and we still come up short. The UAW manufactures rates they quote us are brand new, no hazard pay, no COLA amounts. So in the big picture, we come up way short.

As a TMMK employee in Georgetown, KY - I can assure you that my bottom line is much lower than yours. You see, Toyota include these "bonuses" as part of our hourly rate when it comes time to compare us to you guys, and we still come up short. The UAW manufactures rates they quote us are brand new, no hazard pay, no COLA amounts. So in the big picture, we come up way short.

Why don't youquit and go to work for ford or gm???

I think once you pull union dues out of the GM/Ford check, you ain't as far off as you think you are

I think once you pull union dues out of the GM/Ford check, you ain't as far off as you think you are

Again someone that does not work for Gm/Ford or Toyoda making comments, they take 2hrs of pay out of my check a month, and for what they have done for me that is fine, also what about the profit sharing checks the big 3 have givin out in the past of 5k- 10k, while the transplants didnt get anything, always so biased and onesided.

Would Toyota and Honda ask for $5000-10,000 back from every employee if they lost money? :devil:

No, they would fire their whole workforce and hire in a bunch of illegal immigrants to do their assembly work and the quality would fall off the cliff! Wouldn't put it past them at all. :titanic: Why? The management and workers didn't want a union, so there you go and believe me. Toyota and Honda are capable of doing it too!

That's another reason why I continue to refuse to even step in a Toyota or a Honda.