Contract

Lwoodbluz

There may be a tentative agreement reached by Thursday or Friday, but that doesn't mean that were gonna like it!!!

Ronnie justs wants to look good, but all the while he is screwing us behind closed doors!!!

Hey Lovin my 500 an No pointer,

I really love the family photo you guys sent me. Your photo doesn't make you guys look as stupid as your posts.

hillbilly.jpg

Hey Lovin my 500 an No pointer,

I really love the family photo you guys sent me. Your photo doesn't make you guys look as stupid as your posts.

hillbilly.jpg

When did we open a plant in Tennesse? I think I saw them on Springer yesterday..... :violin: That's great!!

It is entry level with a grow in............not two tier.

So you have a lower scale, and a higher scale, both working as a Ford employee. What about that is not two-tier? When I started 14 years ago, I started at 70% pay and received a 5% raise every 6 months. That is entry level with a grow in.

It is entry level with a grow in............not two tier.

Here we go again!! Question: will a new hire, that hires in in a noncore job and stays in that job, ever make as much as, say, an assembly line worker? If not it is a two tier wage system, period!!! All new permanent new hires that are hired before would reach assembly pay in a certain time frame (or more) I don't give a shit if they get raises or bonuses under this new contract that you seem to WANT to push they will never see top wage (in that plant) in a noncore job!!! If you hire into a plant with a younger workforce it could be years before you get a chance to move up to a core job. So you can sugar coat it all you want but it is still two tier!!!!! If you are a int. rep then do what we pay you for and tell the truth!!!!

So you have a lower scale, and a higher scale, both working as a Ford employee. What about that is not two-tier? When I started 14 years ago, I started at 70% pay and received a 5% raise every 6 months. That is entry level with a grow in.

:headscratch:

You started at 70% working as entry level next to a person make 100%!!

Low scale starting at 52% and higher scale 100%, both working as a Ford EE....entry level!!

What is the fricken difference?

If they replace 1 for 1 on traditional EE's, on core jobs. This new system just means is the trigger mechanism has changed from 3 yrs, for trad wages, to maybe a little longer to grow into trad wages, but if it is a core job they go directly into a traditional wage!! That is the way that I read it!! Yeah they may have a longer period, but they may also have a extremely shorter period of grow in. I do not understand what the huge issue is? If 70% is entry level jobs, why would'nt 52% be the same. They are lowering the % and creating a different trigger to move the EE's to trad wages. Remember that this is happeneing to preserve their current wages and to allow the company to compete with the transplants!!

Don't get me wrong...I don't like this situation either, but if it retains my current wages, allows the new EE's the opportunity to grow in and gives the company the money to invest in new product....what is the issue?

If you think that the GM/Chrysler people wanted this BS, you are nuts!!

I received a guaranteed 5% raise every six months until I reached full wage. New hires will be stuck on non core jobs, which will not be defined until AFTER the contract is ratified, until an opening becomes available on a core job. That could take years and is not guaranteed.

Two tier. One is maxed at $26, one maxed at $18. Simple.

I received a guaranteed 5% raise every six months until I reached full wage. New hires will be stuck on non core jobs, which will not be defined until AFTER the contract is ratified, until an opening becomes available on a core job. That could take years and is not guaranteed.

I don't understand what you are reading.....They will not be stuck on non core jobs!! As Trad employees retire off trad jobs they go directly into trad wages!!

example: If there are 150 non core jobs identified at the Rouge. These jobs are already sourced to new company....they bring them back to Ford under the GM new entry level. All jobs will be entry level wages.....if 45 people take a buy-out package from core jobs....45 entry level employees are moved directly into trad wages! Ford is a bad example with the whole ACH thing, but at GM and depending what goes on with the ACH plants this is the way that I see it!!

What is the issue?

Sure it is different that current language, but they need to do something if they want the company to invest money and product in the US!! The transplants do not have the legacy costs and yes I know they also do not have the cost of the sickly over paid executives either. But if the UAW does nothing then we take the chance at being left out. I can live with a little undesirable situation until we can attack like we did in the early 90's!!

With the current state of the government, we need someone to take a stand for REAL fair trade agreements. If not, the Big 3 will never get market share back! We can sit around and wait for this and do nothing or try and make a change!! The company loves us being split and not sticking together!!

All BS aside....It is nice to have serioous diolog over our disagreements, but when the smoke clears we must all be one! Divided we fall!!!

Again...this isn't the most desirable of situations for all of us, but lets make the best of it and live to fight another day brother or sister?

We must all remember that we are on the same team.....right wrong or indifferent, we are on the same team!! :doh:

They will not be stuck on non core jobs!!

They will be stuck on non-core jobs for years while employees are absorbed from the ACH plants, and the other plants that are scheduled to close. There is no definite timetable for their permanent hire. Hell, look at Chrysler. The ink on the contract is barely dry and they are "laying off" 1/3 of their temps. Wanna bet how many of them ever get called back? How many of those temps remaining will have to move over for full time employees being displaced by plant closures or reductions in workforce, or is the union going to allow the company to keep the temp workers and keep a seniority full time employee in GEN or on the street?

Too many unanswered questions deserve a NO vote. If our contract looks like the Chrysler/GM debacle, I know a lot of people that will vote the same as me.

That's exactly what we are talking about !! why can't level understand that?

Low scale starting at 52% and higher scale 100%, both working as a Ford EE....entry level!!

If they replace 1 for 1 on traditional EE's, on core jobs. This new system just means is the trigger mechanism has changed from 3 yrs, for trad wages, to maybe a little longer to grow into trad wages, but if it is a core job they go directly into a traditional wage!! That is the way that I read it!! Yeah they may have a longer period, but they may also have a extremely shorter period of grow in. I do not understand what the huge issue is? If 70% is entry level jobs, why would'nt 52% be the same. They are lowering the % and creating a different trigger to move the EE's to trad wages. Remember that this is happeneing to preserve their current wages and to allow the company to compete with the transplants!!

Don't get me wrong...I don't like this situation either, but if it retains my current wages, allows the new EE's the opportunity to grow in and gives the company the money to invest in new product....what is the issue?

Don't you get it ? We don't know what they will define as noncore or core so who is to say they won't make some of the higher wage jobs noncore? Then when the people that are in them retire they replace them with noncore newhires. In our plant about half of material handling is outsourced. If they decide to bring those jobs back in and make material handling noncore then when the higher wage people retire they are replaced with noncore. In a noncore job you will never reach higher wage unless there is an opening in a core job!!! and that might take years!! Getting rid of the two teir will retain your wage . They never talked about a paycut because they knew they wouldn't get it.

At 70% over time you reached the 100% higher wage guaranteed . At 52% you may never reach the 100%higher wage NO guarantee. And if you do it may take years