Buyout Packages

Groundhog Phil

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas how much they are talking?

In order to get the 10k or more number they want to leave, my guess is they will have to offer something halfway decent. I know last week at ktp I was hearing rumors of 175k to 200k for buyout offers.

I haven't heard anything yet........but my guess is they offer more on the 30 plus year guys and try to get them out. Possibly give them 70k instead of 35k to go on out.........if anything I could see them going to 140k like gm did on the buyouts. It will be interesting.

This question was also asked at an informational meeting with several national negotiators present. They did not expect a significant increase from the last buyout round. No figures were mentioned. My opinion, they will not have to do much to get more people to go. If this agreement passes, and I think it will, some will take a buyout because they dislike this agreement so much. I know a few at my plant have already stated that. I have heard several times, " that's it, the Union is selling us out, I just want the buyout." I agree with KTP, any increase will be for the ones closer to retirement. I don't think it will be quite 70k for them but who knows. Maybe 35k and a voucher for 10-15K towards a new car? Only time will tell.

:hysterical: 175k..... never happen.

They offered 100K last time, right? What's so odd about 75K more? That's much cheaper for the company than keeping people employed.

Ford could care less what it costs to get rid of "costs." Sadly they don't realize that the "costs" they want to rid of are actually human beings with families to support.

They offered 100K last time, right? What's so odd about 75K more? That's much cheaper for the company than keeping people employed.

Ford could care less what it costs to get rid of "costs." Sadly they don't realize that the "costs" they want to rid of are actually human beings with families to support.

The "offers" will NOT be greater than what has been offered previously. Those "offers" were VERY generous and were generally well accepted. If you held out thinking more money would come, you will be sadly mistaken.

I think some of you may believe that you are much more valuable than you really are. The previous buyout offers were VERY generous and if I was able to have my way 100 percent, we would "offer" about 10 percent of what was previously offered on a take it or leave it basis.

One other thing: "FORD" cares VERY MUCH about the costs accociated with the "buyout" programs. They are becoming a new burden on our industry that we DONT need and can't afford.

Some of you people really amaze me!

The "offers" will NOT be greater than what has been offered previously. Those "offers" were VERY generous and were generally well accepted. If you held out thinking more money would come, you will be sadly mistaken.

I think some of you may believe that you are much more valuable than you really are. The previous buyout offers were VERY generous and if I was able to have my way 100 percent, we would "offer" about 10 percent of what was previously offered on a take it or leave it basis.

One other thing: "FORD" cares VERY MUCH about the costs accociated with the "buyout" programs. They are becoming a new burden on our industry that we DONT need and can't afford.

Paris = management. Explains the hatred of the hourly employees.

"Paris" has posted many, many, disgustingly anti union, anti working class, anti middle class posts in the Detroit Free Press comments sections regarding auto and union negotiations with GM, Chrysler and Ford, under the same name, "Paris". This person is either an HR rep, a wealthy person who has total disdain for those "beneath" him/her or just plain mentally ill. Go to the freep.com website and look up the recent archives on articles pertaining to the UAW big three talks over the past two months. "Paris" is our arch enemy.

One other thing: "FORD" cares VERY MUCH about the costs associated with the "buyout" programs. They are becoming a new burden on our industry that we DON'T need and can't afford.

1. Get off your F#$king High Horse. We are NOT "You People" as in a lower class then your Holier Than Thou Perception of Yourself.

2. Very generous and well accepted.... Your full of crap. You did not get the numbers you wanted. The ones who took them, most were scared into taking them. A significant amount of those who did wish that they had not, or felt they had no choice.

3. Ok, go ahead and tell us what YOU really feel. What is your F'd up opinion of what we are worth to the company? Ford used to very much more value their employees than they do now (Salary & Hourly). I know this because I am a third generation Ford employee and I have seen the change first hand. How long have you been employed by Ford. Ford is now more concerned with what Wall Street thinks of their actions than than when they concentrated on salary & Hourly input and the value of their workforce and "A better idea philosophy'

4. So sorry for us as a work force being a "burden" that pays your salary. What, or who is going to be the burden in ford investing 9.5 billion in Mexico, 500 million in China (our most favored nation trading status country whose government and most of the major cash flow in that country is diverted to it's military?), 500 million in Thailand (where there has been how many coups in how many yrs. with also a major problem with being able to control a growing extremist Muslim force in the south of that country against The government of Thailand?) 500 million in Spain ( you must not have read much on the problems ongoing in their country, and oh yea another great ally of The U.S.A.), 78 million in Romania (I'm sure you will think that their wages and benefits will also be more than what they are worth) simply because they can take advantage of the "burdensome workforce", Shrinking the tax base here, loosing the middle class (which WILL affect YOU TOO), and more lax anti pollution regulations.

5. You make me sick.

Edited by Pipefitter

"Paris" has posted many, many, disgustingly anti union, anti working class, anti middle class posts in the Detroit Free Press comments sections regarding auto and union negotiations with GM, Chrysler and Ford, under the same name, "Paris". This person is either an HR rep, a wealthy person who has total disdain for those "beneath" him/her or just plain mentally ill. Go to the freep.com website and look up the recent archives on articles pertaining to the UAW big three talks over the past two months. "Paris" is our arch enemy.

I can assure you that the person who is making posts in the Freep is not me. I dont hold any distain for the workers of this great company. I certainly don't post things negative about our people in newspaper forums. It pisses me off once in a while to see some of our people posting things like they are going to be PAID 175 thousand dollars to quit! That's just crap and I think you all know it.

If I were making posts in ANY newspaper forum, I would say so.

We have given some of those people who have left in the past an "incentive" to go. Don't misunderstand it to mean that it has become a contractual obligation by the Company. There is no language concerning the amount, if any, "incentive" that may be offered in the future.

Trust me when I tell you that the "rumors" you are hearing on purely speculation. Nothing more.

Wow!!! What a jag!!!! Yes they were generous! But if YOU MANAGEMENT people would have done a better job we wouldn't have needed them in the first place! We don't design these lame ass looking vehicles, we don't screw over the vendors and we don't have lame marketing skills, so look in the mirror FIRST before you judge US!

As far as I am concerned FORD did let a lot of people down and those people DO deserve an excellent buyout pakage! We have always been treated as the bottom of the barrel so don't blame us for this companies shortcomings, since we have NO VALUE, NO SAY, and no way of helping (and even if we did you guys wouldn't listen anyway because you know it all and how dare a sorry ass line worker have a decent idea) in anything anyway so how could you blame us!

Oh and your not able to "have it your way" because your just a spoke in the wheel JUST LIKE WE ARE!

1. Get off your F#$king High Horse. We are NOT "You People" as in a lower class then your Holier Than Thou Perception of Yourself.

2. Very generous and well accepted.... Your full of crap. You did not get the numbers you wanted. The ones who took them, most were scared into taking them. A significant amount of those who did wish that they had not, or felt they had no choice.

3. Ok, go ahead and tell us what YOU really feel. What is your F'd up opinion of what we are worth to the company? Ford used to very much more value their employees than they do now (Salary & Hourly). I know this because I am a third generation Ford employee and I have seen the change first hand. How long have you been employed by Ford. Ford is now more concerned with what Wall Street thinks of their actions than than when they concentrated on salary & Hourly input and the value of their workforce and "A better idea philosophy'

4. So sorry for us as a work force being a "burden" that pays your salary. What, or who is going to be the burden in ford investing 500 million 9.5 billion in Mexico, 500 million in China (our most favored nation trading status country whose government and most of the major cash flow in that country is diverted to it's military?), 500 million in Thailand (where there has been how many coups in how many yrs. with also a major problem with being able to control a growing extremist Muslim force in the south of that country against The government of Thailand?) 500 million in Spain ( you must not have read much on the problems ongoing in their country, and oh yea another great ally of The U.S.A.), 78 million in Romania (I'm sure you will think that their wages and benefits will also be more than what they are worth) simply because they can take advantage of the "burdensome workforce", Shrinking the tax base here, loosing the middle class (which WILL affect YOU TOO), and more lax anti pollution regulations.

5. You make me sick.

:shades: DAMN!

Very well said!

4. So sorry for us as a work force being a "burden" that pays your salary. What, or who is going to be the burden in ford investing 500 million 9.5 billion in Mexico, 500 million in China (our most favored nation trading status country whose government and most of the major cash flow in that country is diverted to it's military?), 500 million in Thailand (where there has been how many coups in how many yrs. with also a major problem with being able to control a growing extremist Muslim force in the south of that country against The government of Thailand?) 500 million in Spain ( you must not have read much on the problems ongoing in their country, and oh yea another great ally of The U.S.A.), 78 million in Romania (I'm sure you will think that their wages and benefits will also be more than what they are worth) simply because they can take advantage of the "burdensome workforce", Shrinking the tax base here, loosing the middle class (which WILL affect YOU TOO), and more lax anti pollution regulations.

5. You make me sick.

Pipefitter, you really got your aim in the right place! Talk about holding the trigger down.......... :beerchug: :rockon: :slug:

You know what a-shole. I no what your value is your a "NVA" (NON-value added employee) You don't touch anything you don't build anything, you sacrifice nothing. And all in all I was against the first concessionary with GM, and hoped Crystler would have voted it down. Now on to us, I feel that allot of people may vote yes for the same reason GM employees did, simply it's different from anything anyone was expecting and we're being rushed to vote. Even if it is ratified it won't be by my hand, to maintain my own self respect and my ability to look myself in the mirror I have to vote no just based on the two major proponents alone. What is being done is wrong, and you and you cohorts will get bonuses for making it happen. I'm not a hateful person and I think it is wrong to "hate" people but only their evil actions while I pray for them. But it would not hurt me in the least if you don't wake up tomorrow, the world would be better off!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I don't post as much as I used to. I read more. I can take quite a bit, but that one just hit the right button.

Pipefitter,

What part of the truth that I spoke about hit the "button" that sent you into that rant? I speak the truth. It is obvious that some of you can't handle it.

Since you are now the "hero" that told off Paris; explain to me why you think you are worth more than the previous group of people that were offered buyout packages.

Who knows, you might be able to convince me and everyone may benefit from you. :shades:

Pipefitter,

What part of the truth that I spoke about hit the "button" that sent you into that rant? I speak the truth. It is obvious that some of you can't handle it.

Since you are now the "hero" that told off Paris; explain to me why you think you are worth more than the previous group of people that were offered buyout packages.

Who knows, you might be able to convince me and everyone may benefit from you. :shades:

you think we are only worth 10% of the previous offer. :kissass:

Pipefitter,

Was not looking to be a hero.

You are the one who needs to take a reading comprehension class.

I have to go in and earn my undeserved wages and benefits right now.

You want to spar??

No problem. I work afternoons.

We can do this later if YOU want.

It's up to you big boy.

Edited by Pipefitter

Just another way to segregate employees.

Every time I see one of these deals, I remember an old story that goes something like this------>We are defeated by concessions, and as the management go down the list of employees, they call out for the New hires to show themselves so as they can take away their compensation. They cry for help, but all ignore them and and go about their business.

Since I am not a new hire, I too hide!!!!

A week later, they call for the ACH plants. Everyone who is not of an ACH employee decent again ignores it hoping they will just go away including me, they drag them away while I just watch and hide; and the world continues going like it always does.

Anyway, within the next 6 months, they come for the the skilled trades, and finally attacking further benefits, pensions, and of course wages for active employee's.

I did not fit any of those descriptions, so I continue to hide!!!!

Finally, they walk down the road and the call for management!!!!!!

I scream for help, but guess what!!! Nobody is left, I let them all be taken away without uttering a sound, hoping they would never get to me. In essence, I have allowed my myself no help, because I gave no help.

This is exactly why I resist consessions, that are aimed at things that I do not believe in myself. If we allow them to do it just cause we do not fit the bill, they will eventually get to us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as the government separates us to fight amongst ourselves, so does Ford.

You must learn, then inform everyone you can of what it is. Sooner or later, the employees will wake up. Let us all hope they wake up, BEFORE everyone is pulled away.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Pipefitter,

Since you are now the "hero" that told off Paris; explain to me why you think you are worth more than the previous group of people that were offered buyout packages. Who knows, you might be able to convince me and everyone may benefit from you. :shades:

Have you considered that maybe its, "not that we're worth more than the previous group", but that they were undervalued and underappreciated when the 1st buyouts were offered?