TWIN CITIES

eaglette88

Congrats on being extended for another year. You deserve it. :shades:

Nothing but extremely hard work by the Committee here. Focused on quality and product satisfaction. It's truly sad some of the membership "cannot see the forest for the trees" and be thankful they have this Committe bargaining for them. Thank you, TCAP Local 879, from myself, my family and my coworkers!

Edited by sista

I heard rumor that the real reason TCAP is staying open another year is due to the Ranger failing the crash test. Now the launch is being delayed so Ford can fix the engineering oops before they begin selling them to the public. Any truth to this or is this just another upset employee starting rumors?

I heard rumor that the real reason TCAP is staying open another year is due to the Ranger failing the crash test. Now the launch is being delayed so Ford can fix the engineering oops before they begin selling them to the public. Any truth to this or is this just another upset employee starting rumors?

Oh, those pesky little rumors...Pure nonsense. Hard working people, hard working committee and a good product keep TCAP open

In the contract it says that KCAP will recieve a new product in the life of the contract. Any way we build a ranger as well as all the reg cab and low line F-150's while DTP builds all the high end ones and crew cabs? I don't know shit about trucks really but it would seem that it would not be impossible to put that truck on our platform

Nothing but extremely hard work by the Committee here. Focused on quality and product satisfaction. It's truly sad some of the membership "cannot see the forest for the trees" and be thankful they have this Committe bargaining for them. Thank you, TCAP Local 879, from myself, my family and my coworkers!

Finally a breath of fresh air from someone who can see reality! My favorite subject, QUALITY, combined with CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, and a emphasis on efficiency and continuous improvement will keep TCAP open. Some of our other plants should follow your example.

They were probaly only saved for a year more because ford isn't ready with the new truck yet or know where there going to build it.

The new ranger is going to be built in Dearborn, the R O B ( rouge office building) was slated to be knocked down and the new body shop and paint line for it is going to be built in it's place. there was a delay because it took some time to get the Severstal Management to relocate to a different location ( severstal for those that don't know used to be Rouge steel, and before that Fords steel division, no longer any part of Fo Mo Co.) as of right now they are not building any of the dies for the new F-100, but the program should be in full swing this fall. hope this helps

Canadians are scooping up as many Rangers as they possibly can, becaused, for the first time the Canadian dollars are worth more than the US, so they are taking an advantage of it. Ofcourse, that's also go with the best work force TCAP have in the Ford system. I supposed most of us already forgot, TCAP was the ONLY plant in North America to EVER won the prestigous "Q1 award", "JD power" and many awards after that.

Edited by TCAP'er

Finally a breath of fresh air from someone who can see reality! My favorite subject, QUALITY, combined with CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, and a emphasis on efficiency and continuous improvement will keep TCAP open. Some of our other plants should follow your example.

A breath of stale air from a truly clueless management person.

"Quality" and "customer satisfaction" will not keep any plant open. As a member of management, YOU should know that ROI and profit are the drivers of plant decisions.

Let's see:

Edison

Norfolk

Atlanta

St. Louis

Wixom

Twin Cities

Batavia

ACH (most plants)

Oakville (truck)

and more......all closed or closing. Yeah, none of the people in those plants ever cared about quality or "customer satisfaction."

Sheesh.

Edited by Pumpmaster

A breath of stale air from a truly clueless management person.

"Quality" and "customer satisfaction" will not keep any plant open. As a member of management, YOU should know that ROI and profit are the drivers of plant decisions.

Let's see:

Edison

Norfolk

Atlanta

St. Louis

Wixom

Twin Cities

Batavia

ACH (most plants)

Oakville (truck)

and more......all closed or closing. Yeah, none of the people in those plants ever cared about quality or "customer satisfaction."

Sheesh.

You forgot about efficiency and continuous improvement. Focus on YOUR plant pumpmaster! Your union chairman has done an excellent job in helping to keep it open until 2010. That is in spite of people like you that love to focus on as many negatives as they can. Maybe if you get on board, you can assist in keeping it open longer. You never know.

You forgot about efficiency and continuous improvement. Focus on YOUR plant pumpmaster! Your union chairman has done an excellent job in helping to keep it open until 2010. That is in spite of people like you that love to focus on as many negatives as they can. Maybe if you get on board, you can assist in keeping it open longer. You never know.

As usual, you didn't address the facts.

Pumpmaster has history to back him up.

NAP- Thanks for #1 truck year in year out and taking the company on your back through some tough years. Have a nice life..you're closed.

Atlanta- Hey before you lock the doors, make sure yopu know who is going to take the JD Powers "Most productive plant in the friggin world" award home with them....closed.

It is all bullshit and politics, like everything else. No plant is safe as job security agreements have been in every contract and have not stopped the company from "idling" whatever they wanted.

Remember 1 for 2 replacement..nyuk nyuk nyuk oh wise guy..try 1 for 1 in the top tier replacement on for size...it will be the same lyinig bunch of shit as previously conned through.

As usual, you didn't address the facts.

"Addressing the facts" as you call it would only open the door for debate. None of which is relevant now since those decisions were made public long ago; and the rationale behind those decisions met with board approval. They were not up for debate then, and they certainly are not up for debate now.

Try to move forward.

"Addressing the facts" as you call it would only open the door for debate. None of which is relevant now since those decisions were made public long ago; and the rationale behind those decisions met with board approval. They were not up for debate then, and they certainly are not up for debate now.

Try to move forward.

Facts are not debatable. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Fact: AAP was consistently the most productive assembly plant in North America. Among the top in quality, too. And Ford still closed it.

Facts are not debatable. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Fact: AAP was consistently the most productive assembly plant in North America. Among the top in quality, too. And Ford still closed it.

Pumpmast,

We are not trying to take anything away from Atlanta, we were only happy that we got another year. You are correct about it doesn't matter. Ford does dumb things. I hope that changes in the future. Nobody's plant is safe.

Thanks to all the plants that were Number 1. Good Luck to all. :shades:

So let me understand this, what you said " productive" also meanning="profit," corrected?so what you also said "YOU should know that ROI and profit are the drivers of plant decisions", what is it? make up your mind.

So let me understand this, what you said " productive" also meanning="profit," corrected?so what you also said "YOU should know that ROI and profit are the drivers of plant decisions", what is it? make up your mind.

So a simpleton like you may understand, let's recap:

This management person, who goes by the handle "paris," naively stated that quality and customer satisfaction would keep TCAP open (paris evidently missed the point about TCAP closing in '09).

I listed many plants that have closed or are closing. Many of those plants, at some point in time, had top scores in quality, delivery, productivity, and customer satisfaction.

Ford closed them anyway.

On a personal note, I hope TCAP gets extended indefinitely! I've owned several TCAP-built Rangers, and they were great trucks. And I really like the people of the Twin Cities, too. Great town; great quality of life.

[

On a personal note, I hope TCAP gets extended indefinitely! I've owned several TCAP-built Rangers, and they were great trucks. And I really like the people of the Twin Cities, too. Great town; great quality of life.

Quality product, Exemplery representation.Great assrmbly workers.Where's the issue?

Edited by sista